Next Manager

1 minute ago, afc_blockhead said:

Have you read his quotes? O'Neill was cagey as fuck

I agree I thought it was a poor attempt at deflecting the question although he didn't pick his nose and ear like robson in the interview at least! 

Even hinting the ifa would be well compensated if he left felt like he was trying to make it more acceptable for the Irish fans to take.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Has Cormack already given up? Social media presence virtually zero, radio and TV is zero, no more fan zones, no boasting of Community club activities, he looks awful compared to 2 years go (heart issues notwithstanding)

Given his health issues it would not surprise me if he walks away soon, provided he can hand over to someone.

Does he really need the hassle? 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I watched it and don't think it is him. If it is him then he either hasnt been approached yet (and we would have approached him by now if we wanted him) or he's pretty much a bare faced liar. 

I read it differently do these quotes make a move a shock.

"I've said all along, when you commit to a contract it doesn't mean that you'll see it out. 

"What I would say is who's to say that won't happen again? But at this minute in time, I have to focus on the job that I'm in."

7 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

If anything good has come out of it, it's been all the 'In The Know' journalists scrambling about raging that it's been kept hush hush.

To be fair to those parasites, it’s hard to be ITK when those making the decisions also ain’t got a fucking clue.

Up ih Dons

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

That’s why this thread is a total waste of time! Some itk who pretended he knew a sponsor or a worker says it’s one person and it’s jumped on, but that person likely never been asked. The club then are a failure because he hasn’t signed. But of course these same people don’t want him or anyone anyway. Ridiculous 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Given his health issues it would not surprise me if he walks away soon, provided he can hand over to someone.

Does he really need the hassle? 

Hopefully he finds someone. I thought after four years of a downward trajectory he might come to the realisation he doesn’t know what he’s doing & make changes to allow others more control. He’s treating the club like his personal plaything, if he ran his businesses like this they’d have gone bust. But if he hasn’t clicked by now he never will. Best thing for all concerned is he finds someone to sell to, whether he can or not is another question. 

21 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He’s realised that stuff is counter productive surely? He’d be correct.

Probably, but if they don’t get anyone in by this weekend he’s gonna have to make another statement on the back of his “we’re at an advanced stage” bullshit. Whether it’s productive or not, he’s told the fans we were close when we clearly weren’t, so he’ll need to address that.

Suspect come Thursday it’ll be a statement saying Leven is in charge til the summer when they can reassess their options. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d be pissed off if it’s O’Neill.

How can you do a review of the club in an attempt to be forward thinking and then decide he’s the best option?

Rhys McCabe is genuinely a better choice.  

Rhys McCabe is very promising & he gets Airdrie to “play the right way”.

But, after gambling on two rookies in the last three, he’d maybe be seen as too young & inexperienced. 

In an ideal world, he’d go to a St Johnstone type club for 18-24 months and prove himself at an in between club.  
Then again, you might miss the boat if he does well there.

1 minute ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Hopefully he finds someone. I thought after four years of a downward trajectory he might come to the realisation he doesn’t know what he’s doing & make changes to allow others more control. He’s treating the club like his personal plaything, if he ran his businesses like this they’d have gone bust. But if he hasn’t clicked by now he never will. Best thing for all concerned is he finds someone to sell to, whether he can or not is another question. 

Finding a willing buyer might be an issue.

Why doesn’t he retain ownership but just take a back step, enjoy the all year round Florida sunshine, let Burrows and his senior management team run the show whilst he relaxes, popping over for the odd semifinal etc

• Like 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

I have no hatred for him, I do however have hatred for our shite fans who are still obsessed with him.

It's a simple fact that sacking mcinnes without getting in someone as good or even better has not been a good plan.However after 4 managers and the Warnock debacle I don't think our problems start with the manager. 

Just now, ERNIE said:

It's a simple fact that sacking mcinnes without getting in someone as good or even better has not been a good plan.However after 4 managers and the Warnock debacle I don't think our problems start with the manager. 

Cheers Ernie, I was just sitting here thinking to myself "I wonder what Ernie thinks"

• Haha 11
28 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

If anything good has come out of it, it's been all the 'In The Know' journalists scrambling about raging that it's been kept hush hush.

I was in Spillers bar in Dundee last Sunday and a few hun bastards were at the bar saying NL will be Dons next manager. Kept quiet as they were being angry mutants. I work wi a few huns and they say its NL also!! Fuck that right off.

2 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

I was in Spillers bar in Dundee last Sunday and a few hun bastards were at the bar saying NL will be Dons next manager. Kept quiet as they were being angry mutants. I work wi a few huns and they say its NL also!! Fuck that right off.

2 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

A guy on twitter is saying Shamima Begum has been told she can come back to the UK if she takes the Aberdeen job.

Better than nothing like.

Both as likely as the other.

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Finding a willing buyer might be an issue.

Why doesn’t he retain ownership but just take a back step, enjoy the all year round Florida sunshine, let Burrows and his senior management team run the show whilst he relaxes, popping over for the odd semifinal etc

Basically because he’s an egotistical cunt that has no clue how to run a football club properly. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d be pissed off if it’s O’Neill.

How can you do a review of the club in an attempt to be forward thinking and then decide he’s the best option?

Rhys McCabe is genuinely a better choice.  

Said a couple of weeks ago McCabe is who we needed if we had experience at DoF / TD level. The problem is he'd be the scapegoat in 6 months time, with the FMB failing to see the problem lies at board level (again). Shame really. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Rhys McCabe is very promising & he gets Airdrie to “play the right way”.

But, after gambling on two rookies in the last three, he’d maybe be seen as too young & inexperienced. 

In an ideal world, he’d go to a St Johnstone type club for 18-24 months and prove himself at an in between club.  
Then again, you might miss the boat if he does well there.

Think you’re right, if this was immediately post McInnes then maybe but not after the successive shit-shows since then. If he continues as is is doing he’ll probably go to a St J/Motherwell/Killie then end up with a decent job in England after that

• Upvote 1

Fuck me at this point in proceedings I'm more than half expecting Pearly Dave and Gunner to come out and say they'll be doing it for the foreseeable. If we can't convince a top notch management team to come on board then questions have to be asked as to who was negotiating and how they were negotiating...