Next Manager

19 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

It's a simple fact that sacking mcinnes without getting in someone as good or even better has not been a good plan.However after 4 managers and the Warnock debacle I don't think our problems start with the manager. 

Aye, they start with you.

Fuck off, Ernie.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, minijc said:

We forgetting that Robinson isn't actually a good manager?  Going for him would be one of the worst moves the club could make, another negative manager who would be expected to change his way of playing.

As for McInnes, the cup game a few weeks ago highlights why he will never get another big job, when the pressure comes Deeker is found wanting.

Robinson would not be the right appointment. As l said earlier if Wales fail to qualify for the Euros tonight in their game with Poland l would be happy to see us go for Rob Page. Contract is up and no compensation needed. 

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Rhys McCabe is very promising & he gets Airdrie to “play the right way”.

But, after gambling on two rookies in the last three, he’d maybe be seen as too young & inexperienced. 

In an ideal world, he’d go to a St Johnstone type club for 18-24 months and prove himself at an in between club.  
Then again, you might miss the boat if he does well there.

To me, it’s a better option than O’Neill. A extremely unimaginative and downright lazy appointment if true.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Probably, but if they don’t get anyone in by this weekend he’s gonna have to make another statement on the back of his “we’re at an advanced stage” bullshit. Whether it’s productive or not, he’s told the fans we were close when we clearly weren’t, so he’ll need to address that.

'We're at an even more advanced stage' 

58 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

If anything good has come out of it, it's been all the 'In The Know' journalists scrambling about raging that it's been kept hush hush.

Won’t anyone think of the poor in the know posters .?!… the real innocent victims in all this.  

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

A guy on twitter is saying Shamima Begum has been told she can come back to the UK if she takes the Aberdeen job.

Better than nothing like.

He's been working on Brae at the moment but very likely could still do a shift for us 

Some of the suggestions being trotted out by the must be a scot at all costs brigade are absolutely mental. They're clearly getting incredibly desperate. Rhys McCabe. Give me strength. Be better aff dragging good old Tommy Forbes oot of his cab and giving him a go. Did bloody well at Banks o' Dee which lets face it is an equivalent level to what that McCabe bloke has done thus far. 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

ROI? ..

He never actually says hes not interested. He also talks about compo for the NI association and how not everyone honours contracts now.

Take what you want from it

From his quotes , it seems to me that Michael O’Neill’s pretty much letting everyone know that he’d be more than amenable to quitting the Northern Ireland job if he had another offer on the table.

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

ROI? ..

He never actually says hes not interested. He also talks about compo for the NI association and how not everyone honours contracts now.

Take what you want from it

The way i read it was there's interest from both sides, but talks are contingent upon the Club & FA reaching an agreement of sorts first. Until that time, he's Northern Ireland manager and there's little more he can say.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, redone said:

From his quotes , it seems to me that Michael O’Neill’s pretty much letting everyone know that he’d be more than amenable to quitting the Northern Ireland job if he had another offer on the table.

Thats how I take it and that NI should be compensated. The implication is that Aberdeen don’t want to pay. 

according to media coverage Stoke paid £650,000 for him and he doubled his salary to 1.5m. 

his salary reduced significantly going back to n Ireland after Stoke as they were skint.

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

Thats how I take it and that NI should be compensated. The implication is that Aberdeen don’t want to pay. 

according to media coverage Stoke paid £650,000 for him and he doubled his salary to 1.5m. 

his salary reduced significantly going back to n Ireland after Stoke as they were skint.

If both of those values were halved then it would be well within the Cormack coins budget

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

I dunno.  If you haven't watched the interview you should, as it comes across differently from the written form.

3 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Some people are willing to settle for someone with a frankly very, very uninspiring CV simply out of desperation.

It isn't going to be O' Neill. He'd love for it to be but it isn't him. 

I would say that he's the front runner right now.

It all seems to be looking like O’Neil.  He gets the game out the way tomorrow, announces he’s stepping down after the game, unveiled as new manager at 9am Thursday, lose on Saturday and we all call for him to be sacked.  Lovely.

I honestly believe the “2 foreigner” line is merely a smokescreen for this inevitable appointment.

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Especially as he’d probably have that dinosaur Jimmy Nicholl as his assistant, that’s who he has at NI.

Christ! the women on the staff. Would  sooner have Russell  Brands  attentions than " the travelling STD"

9 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Some people are willing to settle for someone with a frankly very, very uninspiring CV simply out of desperation.

It isn't going to be O' Neill. He'd love for it to be but it isn't him. 

I don’t think you realise how small a club we really are? We’ve had one decent manager in about 30 years. Chances of us finding someone good are non existent. It’s about finding another one who is competent for a few years. When mcinnes was appointed I think we weren’t exactly buzzing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4