Next Manager

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

In the unlikely event it's O'Neill I'd still go to games albeit without much hope of being entertained. If it was Lennon I'd stop going to games. I dare say a lot of other reds would feel the same way. That's why Lennon is an absolute non starter. Even Cormack knows how totally toxic and divisive his appointment would be. 

As said before I wish it was Lennon. He would be the biggest name and most competent manager we could hope to attract. We would play attacking football with flair and pace. He would install a never say die attitude. And on top of that we would lost about a hundred so called fans who have a toxic effect on the fan base. Win Win Win

• Dildo 3

6 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

It’s O’Neill, should be confirmed in next 48 hours, back room team getting put together (??😉) - roll on the new era, will get behind the manager and look forward to better times. COYR! 

Jimmy Nic as assistant, Samson assistant to the assistant

Just now, RedRevolution said:

As said before I wish it was Lennon. He would be the biggest name and most competent manager we could hope to attract. We would play attacking football with flair and pace. He would install a never say die attitude. And on top of that we would lost about a hundred so called fans who have a toxic effect on the fan base. Win Win Win

Would need a new director of football and a new owner for that to happen, Lennon and those two would never work.

2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Hundred? Hmmm.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Definitely but it’s hard to see Cormack suddenly realising that and reigning in his ego tbh.

It’s counter productive but if he had the capacity to work that out would he have been doing it in the first place?

If it’s to much hassle he simply needs to step back.

He doesn’t need to sell his stake holding to step back from his role as chairman.

To me, it seems more likely he’s stopped interacting because he’s realised people don’t agree with him or respect him and he doesn’t like to be questioned. Egotists like that don’t like it when they aren’t being acclaimed and worshipped by everyone.

The worry is he’s starting to really despise and resent the fans because they aren’t showering him with adulation and rather than step back or consider what he can personally do better he might simply become more of a dictator and less open to other people’s opinions.

"egoists like that" - brilliant. He's a guy who's got the brains and balls to make several hundred million. You're sombody who has an even bigger ego and think your poor opinion of club, chairman, management, players and prospective managers actually matters. Brilliant

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Wank wank wank Neil Lennon wank wank wank.

If it is O'Neil, I don't see how that would work with the Technical Director model we're supposedly going to implement following the review, unless the plan is for him to manage the team for 12 months, possibly with a relatively young assistant, then O'Neil moves into the TD role and the assistant into a head coach kinda arrangement.

Just now, RabidGiraffe said:

If it is O'Neil, I don't see how that would work with the Technical Director model we're supposedly gong to implement following the review, unless the plan is for him to manage the team for 12 months, possibly with a relatively young assistant, then O'Neil moves into the TD role and the assistant into a head coach kinda arrangement.

Yep I wouldn't be surprised if oneill was the TD

THAT would be an impressive move

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Good bait

5 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

"egoists like that" - brilliant. He's a guy who's got the brains and balls to make several hundred million. You're sombody who has an even bigger ego and think your poor opinion of club, chairman, management, players and prospective managers actually matters. Brilliant

But you accept the same folk have driven out Cormack last 3 managers so clearly what folk think does actually matter and it really annoys you for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep I wouldn't be surprised if oneill was the TD

THAT would be an impressive move

You think? Aberdeen haven’t created a Technical Director role with any view to taking it seriously. It’s so folk stop asking what the director of football is doing. It’ll be someone who doesn’t cost much to hire, certainly won’t be an international manager.

9 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

He's a guy who's got the brains and balls to make several hundred million.

And yet that doesn’t correlate to having the brains and balls to make a successful football club.

If he has the brains he’d appoint the right people.

If he has the balls he’d have the courage of his own conviction.

He was a failure as Chief Executive and he’s now a failure as Chairman. Football is not for him. He should have the brains and balls to step away and enjoy his retirement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

It’s O’Neill, should be confirmed in next 48 hours, back room team getting put together (??😉) - roll on the new era, will get behind the manager and look forward to better times. COYR! 

O'Neill, Hearts legend Aaron Hughes, Peter Leven and Craig Samson?