Next Manager

8 hours ago, JamieMT said:

He's always going to be one good result away from folk wanting to tongue his hole clean. And one bad one from folk wanting to ram a hot serrated poker up there. For his own good he should be nowhere near social media. Low to no profile please Dave. We'll see you on Cup Final day(s).

Agree with you about the points above.

7 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

"egoists like that" - brilliant. He's a guy who's got the brains and balls to make several hundred million. You're sombody who has an even bigger ego and think your poor opinion of club, chairman, management, players and prospective managers actually matters. Brilliant

Interesting take. 🤔

Firstly I haven’t questioned the guys ability to succeed in business so not sure what your point is there at all.

Secondly if you think company CEO’s / senior leaders in large organisations / successful businessmen don’t have any ego you’re not paying attention.

I’m suggesting an alternative reason why our CEO might be less inclined to fan interaction. A reason that worries me, because if it was the case then the club will suffer.

It’s a scenario I’ve seen in a couple of companies I’ve worked in now: the  leadership make some extreme strategic decisions that they fully expect the employees will thank them for. Then when the employees angrily complain and tell them they haven’t a fecking clue what they are doing, the leaders take the hump because their egos can’t handle it and they simply stop communicating and double down on their original strategy.

8 hours ago, RedRevolution said:

As said before I wish it was Lennon. He would be the biggest name and most competent manager we could hope to attract. We would play attacking football with flair and pace. He would install a never say die attitude. And on top of that we would lost about a hundred so called fans who have a toxic effect on the fan base. Win Win Win

You’ve definitely got some very odd agenda’s at work.

1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

I don't see how he couldn't do both jobs, 

Not sure that would be good for either party though. If we’re paying him a good salary he should be full time and not have any distractions- NI will expect the same.

Might see them go for Lennon to replace him though?

Any chance we’d give him the technical direction position part time?

2 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Not sure that would be good for either party though. If we’re paying him a good salary he should be full time and not have any distractions- NI will expect the same.

Might see them go for Lennon to replace him though?

Any chance we’d give him the technical direction position part time?

It would  suit us as no compensation  to pay, and suits  Northern Ireland  as they keep him, and suits o Neill  as its the " other job" he spoke of,

There has to be something  going on with o Neill, the timings of things suggest so, 

But  it's strange that  the usual itk, folk on here actually  no fuck all on this occasion 

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

But  it's strange that  the usual itk, folk on here actually  no fuck all on this occasion 

I think there's alot of shit stirring going on, I think 'some' might beware of who's getting the job, I still think O'Neil is a smoke screen.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I think there's alot of shit stirring going on, I think 'some' might beware of who's getting the job, I still think O'Neil is a smoke screen.

I wouldn't be so sure. If you take it on face value. One of the first names mooted was Michael O'Neil before the thelin talk. It then goes quiet before the papers say on Sunday we should have someone on within 72 hours which allows him to take the game tonight and get up here tomorrow. This is followed by a terrible attempt at deflection in O'Neils press conference.

He might not be the man we want but there is definitely talk between him and the club in my opinion. its just whether dave can convince him to be his bitch that remains to be seen.

19 minutes ago, Turra red said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If you take it on face value. One of the first names mooted was Michael O'Neil before the thelin talk. It then goes quiet before the papers say on Sunday we should have someone on within 72 hours which allows him to take the game tonight and get up here tomorrow. This is followed by a terrible attempt at deflection in O'Neils press conference.

He might not be the man we want but there is definitely talk between him and the club in my opinion. it’s just whether dave can convince him to be his bitch that remains to be seen.

It does seem like there’s been contact made but if we’ve held off on sorting a deal so a manager like O’Neil can take charge of two friendlies then we’re a bigger embarrassment than first thought.

4 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

It does seem like there’s been contact made but if we’ve held off on sorting a deal so a manager like O’Neil can take charge of two friendlies then we’re a bigger embarrassment than first thought.

Absolute codswallop. 

That's called honour and respect to a job you're already in. 

(if O'Neil is indeed a target) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Turra red said:

He might not be the man we want but there is definitely talk between him and the club in my opinion. its just whether dave can convince him to be his bitch that remains to be seen.

Yeah I don’t know how anyone can say O’Neill is a smokescreen with the limited info we have. IMO when warnock left the board thought it would be O’Neill and it’s been more complex than they thought. 

The way it looks now is it’s either O’Neill confirmed tonight or tomorrow or a statement confirming leven is taking team until further notice. 

Just now, Broken_Glass said:

Absolute codswallop. 

That's called honour and respect to a job you're already in. 

(if O'Neil is indeed a target) 

Codswallop 😂

His name was mentioned weeks ago, if we’ve made contact then and he’s said “any chance we can wait until after those two non events at the end of March?” and we’ve agreed we’ve been taken for mugs. If it was qualifiers I’d understand it. That just shows he’s not arsed in the slightest about the job. Along with several others it seems.

31 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Folk need to calm down and just remember that Aberdeen fc don't give a fuck about what we think. 

They do. That’s the problem. 

Cormack sees you all pissing your pants and Burrows has to receive twitters messages saying Alan pls - then they make rash decision. They need to make a half decent call and stand by it 

• Upvote 2
Just now, pittodriepie83 said:

Codswallop 😂

His name was mentioned weeks ago, if we’ve made contact then and he’s said “any chance we can wait until after those two non events at the end of March?” and we’ve agreed we’ve been taken for mugs. If it was qualifiers I’d understand it. That just shows he’s not arsed in the slightest about the job. Along with several others it seems.

I guess it could ge NI being awkward rather than O'Neill and because he's not yet officially allowed to talk to us, he's got to pretend he doesn't know what's going on.

11 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

If ….(big if)…..we do appoint MON in the next few days then that would come way down the list of embarrassments we’ve suffered in recent years.   In fact it’s not even embarrassing in my view.

And it could be that we’ve already sorted a deal but are just waiting until these friendlies are past before announcing it.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, redone said:

If ….(big if)…..we do appoint MON in the next few days then that would come way down the list of embarrassments we’ve suffered in recent years.   In fact it’s not even embarrassing in my view.

And it could be that we’ve already sorted a deal but are just waiting until these friendlies are past before announcing it.

It’s not even remotely embarrassing. O’Neil would stand head and shoulders above every manager we’ve appointed since Skovdahl in terms of stature. 

talking about before they came here before a simpleton rages about the fact ebbe was largely a dreadful manager for us 

• Haha 1