Next Manager

In a way,  I think the board have been so disrespectful to the fans for all the silence. If it was a quick decision then fair enough. I think they meant opaque when they talked about being transparent to the fans. It's getting to the stage that whoever gets the gig, it's going to be such an anti climax.

43 minutes ago, RUL said:

Why would we need a technical director and director of football? They have them in Europe because they have huge set ups which are typically :

first team 

b teams (u23s)

u21s 

u19s 

u18s down 

we have first team and u18s. The u18s have dedicated coaches. Our u18 set up involves a head of youth (which has been unfilled) and a head of coaching. We also have a head of early development. 

we already have a “pathways” manager who’s job it is to manage youngsters who move up from u18s but aren’t ready for first team and give them loans.

all our recruitment is done by a dedicated recruitment manager. 

it’s clear the technical director at Aberdeen will have no say in who manages the team. As they aren’t filling the role before appointing the manager, assuming we can even appoint someone. 

Last season the womens role was filled by head of youth as we couldn’t fill the role. The director of football at Aberdeen doesn’t have qualifications to take any football teams. 

we also have a chief executive who’s role seems to breach into everything including football. We have a commercial manager. 

we have a football monitoring board and finally one of the most interfering chairman in club football. 

Aberdeen fc structure is absolutely crazy as it is and adding more layers is a nonsense. It’s a deliberate attempt to fudge responsibility as they aren’t happy with the fans attacking the individuals such as burrows and Cormack. Bring in someone new and give the fans a new scapegoat. 

we have a male team averaging 14,000

u18s average attendance about 80

women averaging about 150.

its anyone guess what the fuck goes on at Aberdeen all week with the amount of people employed these days who’s role seems to be covered by 2 or 3 people it’s little wonder nobody makes a decision about fucking anything.

Spot on.  A monumental waste of money that would be better directed towards the first team

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I have no idea as to the management structure at other SPFL clubs but I’ll bet they’re not as complex as ours…and remember, despite all of these ‘layers’, we still had to bring in external consultants!

Indeed. And we’ve paid for this review. Makes no sense.

I’m struggling to envision a scenario where it isn’t O’Neil to be honest 

He would’ve just shot it down at the press conference recently if there was nothing in it and the absolute lack of concrete rumours going about makes me think we’re just getting the game out of the way tonight 

If it is, I can get on board with it, although I can’t begin to imagine the compensation we have to pay to get him out of his NI contract 

If @zeroisgod76 had held his nerve on the story he made up he would’ve been an all time ITK-er

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’m struggling to envision a scenario where it isn’t O’Neil to be honest 

He would’ve just shot it down at the press conference recently if there was nothing in it and the absolute lack of concrete rumours going about makes me think we’re just getting the game out of the way tonight 

If it is, I can get on board with it, although I can’t begin to imagine the compensation we have to pay to get him out of his NI contract 

If @zeroisgod76 had held his nerve on the story he made up he would’ve been an all time ITK-er

I'm thinking the same, but with him having 2 and half years or so of a contract left is he just going to walk away from that or are we away to pay a big compensation for a name that really doesn't excite?

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Chris Coleman, he has a better CV than O'Neill, took Wales to the semi final of the same tournament O'Neill qualified for.

Agree. While O’Neil was able to call upon a peak Niall McGinn, Coleman had to make do with that Gareth Bale cunt. And wales still beat them. Wouldn’t have been like think if Mcinnes led the ulster men ✋🏻

I do struggle to see why O'Neill would leave an international team job where there's fairly low expectations and only a few games to prepare for each year, for what is likely to be a significantly lower wage at a club with huge expectations, run by an awkward chairman in a pretty grim league. You'd imagine he could probably pick up a job in the English Championship at some point in the future if he wanted a change. He also has years left of his contract and it'll cost a significant amount to buy that out. 

I can't really see what would motivate him to make the move unless we are somehow offering him the same kind of terms - and even then it's the same money for more hassle.

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I do struggle to see why O'Neill would leave an international team job where there's fairly low expectations and only a few games to prepare for each year, for what is likely to be a significantly lower wage at a club with huge expectations, run by an awkward chairman in a pretty grim league. You'd imagine he could probably pick up a job in the English Championship at some point in the future if he wanted a change. He also has years left of his contract and it'll cost a significant amount to buy that out. 

I can't really see what would motivate him to make the move unless we are somehow offering him the same kind of terms - and even then it's the same money for more hassle.

This NI team are pretty dire, and it'll be years before they have another crop of players that he could do anything with. 

Maybe he'd prefer a club job, where he is more involved day-to-day? He's been pretty clear in his press conferences lately that he's open to working at clubs.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I find it unusual as well when he's just had 1 qualification run, and it was pretty poor yet his last 2 results they've beat Denmark and drawn with Romania so they seem to have turned a corner (see what happens tonight!).

Has he gone back to international football after Stoke and just realised he prefers the day to day at this stage after a long tenure with the Irish before?

What i'm concerned of is if he is the manager then we can't really afford him to get itchy feet in a years time and wants to go back to the International scene!

4 minutes ago, McginnAgain said:

This NI team are pretty dire, and it'll be years before they have another crop of players that he could do anything with

Maybe he'd prefer a club job, where he is more involved day-to-day? He's been pretty clear in his press conferences lately that he's open to working at clubs.

It wasn’t exactly a golden generation of a squad. 

Michael McGovern of Hamilton. 
conor McLaughlin of fleetwood. 
Connor Washington. 
big Josh magennis. 

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Connor Washington. 
big Josh magennis. 

Come on he had Niall Mcginn. 

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Connor Washington. 
big Josh magennis. 

Josh Magennis could reach 100 international caps before he retires... it's a funny old game.