Next Manager

If my memory serves me right, not so very long ago Michael O’Neill, during his first incarnation as NI boss, was unaffordable to the SFA as Scotland boss and consequently, they appointed Clarke.

I’m not against the guy but he’s relatively untested at club level, in any capacity…this feels like a very big gamble.

30 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I do struggle to see why O'Neill would leave an international team job where there's fairly low expectations and only a few games to prepare for each year, for what is likely to be a significantly lower wage at a club with huge expectations, run by an awkward chairman in a pretty grim league. You'd imagine he could probably pick up a job in the English Championship at some point in the future if he wanted a change. He also has years left of his contract and it'll cost a significant amount to buy that out. 

I can't really see what would motivate him to make the move unless we are somehow offering him the same kind of terms - and even then it's the same money for more hassle.

Money’s the obvious reason.

He hasn’t done as well second time around with NI , so maybe the old adage about never going back is applicable to some extent.

And I’d imagine that a fair number of their fanbase might have been prepared to tolerate a successful Catholic manager ….but far more hostile towards an unsuccessful one.
MON’s Wikipedia page mentions him being a Catholic and some friction several months ago with a section of bigoted dirty Orange huncunt bastards in the support ….(I’m paraphrasing there).

So it wouldn’t surprise me if MON is looking for an early exit strategy and we might suit him fine.

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I never said it would happen, someone asked for names I provided a pointless one.

Bespectacled gameshow giant Richard Osman? A CV including Pointless and House of Games seems perfect for the pointless house of games that is AFC just now.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, RDS said:

Hopefully a scarf above the head photo and an appointment tomorrow as this has dragged on and is way beyond a joke. 

To be fair, the club said an announcement during the international break

It's what it looks like they will do

Everyone's just worked themselves up into a frenzy since - that's not the clubs fault

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

To be fair, the club said an announcement during the international break

It's what it looks like they will do

Everyone's just worked themselves up into a frenzy since - that's not the clubs fault

Assuming it’s O’Neill it’s likely it was always him so your right.

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Assuming it’s O’Neill it’s likely it was always him so your right.

and if it is him there is a possibility he was going to come in the summer for perhaps a contractual reason and see out the four friendlies and hence Warnock.

but lets see today.

if the northern ireland squad and entourage find out its his last game then its sure to leak out today

I don't want MoN, and the only real evidence that it might be him is that everyone seems to have settled on it being the most likely appointment.

His interviews have been ambiguous but also didn't suggest he was in "advanced talks" at all...

One thing is for sure, the FMB are good at keeping secrets.

I don’t see why everyone gets their knickers in a twist about the new manager. History suggests he’ll be bombed out within 2 years if he’s crap. If he’s good you’ll all be happy clappers. 

Just chill out, more often than not, Aberdeen are fucking shite, it’s this weird thing most of our fans have that we have a divine right to be good. We aren’t very good, other than sir Alex era, we’ve been pretty shite. 

Keep the heid, you’ll all want the next manager sacked in a years time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

I don’t see why everyone gets their knickers in a twist about the new manager. History suggests he’ll be bombed out within 2 years if he’s crap. If he’s good you’ll all be happy clappers. 

Just chill out, more often than not, Aberdeen are fucking shite, it’s this weird thing most of our fans have that we have a divine right to be good. We aren’t very good, other than sir Alex era, we’ve been pretty shite. 

Keep the heid, you’ll all want the next manager sacked in a years time.

I think we should aim for 6 months this time.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, McPhee123 said:

I don't want MoN, and the only real evidence that it might be him is that everyone seems to have settled on it being the most likely appointment.

His interviews have been ambiguous but also didn't suggest he was in "advanced talks" at all...

One thing is for sure, the FMB are good at keeping secrets.

Just to be clear as I can’t think of a single manager that is currently managing a team when asked about links to another club at the pre match interview has ever said “Fuck it yes I’m offski after this one”.