Next Manager

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Unless there are no secrets to keep, we've maybe not even started interviewing yet.

Funny you should say that,as somebody said to me nobody has been interviewed.

Apparently 3 on a shortlist,now down to two,as one they lining up to speak to,said no thanks..Not foreign.

8 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Just to be clear as I can’t think of a single manager that is currently managing a team when asked about links to another club at the pre match interview has ever said “Fuck it yes I’m offski after this one”.

Mark McGhee said the opposite to me in the departure lounge at Aberdeen Airport this morning.

2 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Funny you should say that,as somebody said to me nobody has been interviewed.

Apparently 3 on a shortlist,now down to two,as one they lining up to speak to,said no thanks..Not foreign.

Well if the story from the weekend that the shortlist of 3 contained 1 UK manager and 2 foreign ones and the UK one has said no thanks then that just leaves the 2 foreign managers left on the shortlist. 

Rosler and ?

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Why would we need a technical director and director of football? They have them in Europe because they have huge set ups which are typically :

first team 

b teams (u23s)

u21s 

u19s 

u18s down 

we have first team and u18s. The u18s have dedicated coaches. Our u18 set up involves a head of youth (which has been unfilled) and a head of coaching. We also have a head of early development. 

we already have a “pathways” manager who’s job it is to manage youngsters who move up from u18s but aren’t ready for first team and give them loans.

all our recruitment is done by a dedicated recruitment manager. 

it’s clear the technical director at Aberdeen will have no say in who manages the team. As they aren’t filling the role before appointing the manager, assuming we can even appoint someone. 

Last season the womens role was filled by head of youth as we couldn’t fill the role. The director of football at Aberdeen doesn’t have qualifications to take any football teams. 

we also have a chief executive who’s role seems to breach into everything including football. We have a commercial manager. 

we have a football monitoring board and finally one of the most interfering chairman in club football. 

Aberdeen fc structure is absolutely crazy as it is and adding more layers is a nonsense. It’s a deliberate attempt to fudge responsibility as they aren’t happy with the fans attacking the individuals such as burrows and Cormack. Bring in someone new and give the fans a new scapegoat. 

we have a male team averaging 14,000

u18s average attendance about 80

women averaging about 150.

its anyone guess what the fuck goes on at Aberdeen all week with the amount of people employed these days who’s role seems to be covered by 2 or 3 people it’s little wonder nobody makes a decision about fucking anything.

😂 Nailed it 👍

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Why would we need a technical director and director of football? They have them in Europe because they have huge set ups which are typically :

first team 

b teams (u23s)

u21s 

u19s 

u18s down 

we have first team and u18s. The u18s have dedicated coaches. Our u18 set up involves a head of youth (which has been unfilled) and a head of coaching. We also have a head of early development. 

we already have a “pathways” manager who’s job it is to manage youngsters who move up from u18s but aren’t ready for first team and give them loans.

all our recruitment is done by a dedicated recruitment manager. 

it’s clear the technical director at Aberdeen will have no say in who manages the team. As they aren’t filling the role before appointing the manager, assuming we can even appoint someone. 

Last season the womens role was filled by head of youth as we couldn’t fill the role. The director of football at Aberdeen doesn’t have qualifications to take any football teams. 

we also have a chief executive who’s role seems to breach into everything including football. We have a commercial manager. 

we have a football monitoring board and finally one of the most interfering chairman in club football. 

Aberdeen fc structure is absolutely crazy as it is and adding more layers is a nonsense. It’s a deliberate attempt to fudge responsibility as they aren’t happy with the fans attacking the individuals such as burrows and Cormack. Bring in someone new and give the fans a new scapegoat. 

we have a male team averaging 14,000

u18s average attendance about 80

women averaging about 150.

its anyone guess what the fuck goes on at Aberdeen all week with the amount of people employed these days who’s role seems to be covered by 2 or 3 people it’s little wonder nobody makes a decision about fucking anything.

Seems like the sort of operation a competent DoF should have sorted out and running smoothly.

33 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

I don’t see why everyone gets their knickers in a twist about the new manager. History suggests he’ll be bombed out within 2 years if he’s crap. If he’s good you’ll all be happy clappers. 

Just chill out, more often than not, Aberdeen are fucking shite, it’s this weird thing most of our fans have that we have a divine right to be good. We aren’t very good, other than sir Alex era, we’ve been pretty shite. 

Keep the heid, you’ll all want the next manager sacked in a years time.

Happy clappers if he's good? So just merited applause then?

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

If it is to be O’Neill then he has to be only Aberdeen manager rather than part time with Ireland and part time at Pittodrie 

Is it OK if he has a side hustle selling overpriced raffle tickets to bored housewives with gambling problems?

32 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

So Steve Tosh was right! 

Be interested to see who comes in as assistant, and is he going to continue with N.Ireland. 

And the last time we had a manager who also concurrently continued to work at international level was the very manager who signed MoN for Aberdeen, A.Miller, and that worked out well 

44 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

You mean when we were 10th with only 3 wins out of 13. So we waited till it was much much worse 😉

And you’ve proved my point. Rookie manager was given 8 months, red army expect to be 3rd, if not sacked. I’m not saying baz was the answer, but fuck me, just leave him in charge for the season. We are an embarrassment.

Ergo why bother with the endless thread of speculation, the chances are, whoever the poor sod is. The baying mob of the red army will likely ruin his/her (😜) Xmas. 

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Would be a proper affront to have a manager job sharing with an international side.

The situation we are it has to 100% focus. Not having this job sharing carry on. Can’t believe we would entertain that. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

No compensation if he does both. Sir Alex managed to combine 

Alex Ferguson only temporarily presided over approx. 7 matches (2 v. Australia, 1 v. England (Rous Cup), forget the other opponents) plus the 3 games at Mexico '86 as Scotland manager

For all of the time he was the national manager, half of it was on a part-time basis, the other half being of a full time nature. 

Never thought of this until now but with Ferguson becoming manager of Scotland after Jock Stein's demise in September 1985, this may or may not have impacted on our chances of winning the title for the third year in a row.🤔

I know we won the Skol Cup and Scottish Cup in season 85/86, and got to the QF of the European Cup😔.

However, it's just a theory.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

And you’ve proved my point. Rookie manager was given 8 months, red army expect to be 3rd, if not sacked. I’m not saying baz was the answer, but fuck me, just leave him in charge for the season. We are an embarrassment.

Ergo why bother with the endless thread of speculation, the chances are, whoever the poor sod is. The baying mob of the red army will likely ruin his/her (😜) Xmas. 

In this case I don’t agree unfortunately when you realise a mistake has been made you correct it, not leave it to play out. Relegation is still a threat which could have been corrected in early December