Next Manager

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His assistant at Stoke was Dean Holden. 
At NI it’s Jimmy Nicholl 

That the same jimmy Nicoll that was assistant manager to calderwood for 5 years here.... surprised his name hasn't been mentioned more

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Josh Magennis could reach 100 international caps before he retires... it's a funny old game.

Credit to him. Obviously shows up every time. Fantastic dedication from the big guy. 

I like the current Scotland squad cause the first time I can remember you have everyone turning up every time. The captain has a champions league and EPL medal in his pocket but is prioritising it every time. 

gone are the days of Barry Ferguson, Paul lambert and Scott brown setting the tone and telling everyone it’s not as important as the 6th old firm derby of the season.  

Ferguson and lambert didn’t even get 90 between them. Brown barely over 50. 

wankers

one Shay logan

Off topic. 

bring O’Neil home 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Alex Ferguson only temporarily presided over approx. 7 matches (2 v. Australia, 1 v. England (Rous Cup), forget the other opponents) plus the 3 games at Mexico '86 as Scotland manager

For all of the time he was the national manager, half of it was on a part-time basis, the other half being of a full time nature. 

Never thought of this until now but with Ferguson becoming manager of Scotland after Jock Stein's demise in September 1985, this may or may not have impacted on our chances of winning the title for the third year in a row.🤔

I know we won the Skol Cup and Scottish Cup in season 85/86, and got to the QF of the European Cup😔.

However, it's just a theory.

I have no desire for a dual role but if it saved us a lot of money in short term it’s feasible 

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I have no desire for a dual role but if it saved us a lot of money in short term it’s feasible 

Definitely worth considering in the short-term for reasons you have given and this works to preserve our top flight status, but ideally it would be a manager employed on a full-time basis from the date of appointment as we are a full-time club after all.

3 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

The assistant's Holden, the greatest ever player's Willie.

Wrong sport - mind you, out chairman has been known to throw a few googlys so who knows who will be the next manager

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Would be a proper affront to have a manager job sharing with an international side.

Just can't see him job sharing as our manager. Any job share suggestion only makes some sense if he were Technical Director but doubt progress been made for that job yet. 

14 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

That the same jimmy Nicoll that was assistant manager to calderwood for 5 years here.... surprised his name hasn't been mentioned more

It has been mentioned  usually when the females working at the club were asked who it was gave them.a dose of the clap

14 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Credit to him. Obviously shows up every time. Fantastic dedication from the big guy. 

I like the current Scotland squad cause the first time I can remember you have everyone turning up every time. The captain has a champions league and EPL medal in his pocket but is prioritising it every time. 

gone are the days of Barry Ferguson, Paul lambert and Scott brown setting the tone and telling everyone it’s not as important as the 6th old firm derby of the season.  

Ferguson and lambert didn’t even get 90 between them. Brown barely over 50. 

wankers

one Shay logan

Off topic. 

bring O’Neil home 

I'd blame that disgusting hun thug Allan McGregor ahead of Lambert for that sort of behavior.   

Paul Lambert was always a total professional, or at least that's what he told my mates dog outside ASDA Portlethen yesterday.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, RDS said:

Just can't see him job sharing as our manager. Any job share suggestion only makes some sense if he were Technical Director but doubt progress been made for that job yet. 

Well to be fair, O'Neill did say in an interview recently that his next role might not be as manager so maybe we are looking at him for the Tech Director role and that'll allow him to continue as Northern Ireland manager. 

He does have a degree Business Management or something along those lines and he sorted Stoke out behind the scenes and left them in a better shape than he found them so wouldn't surprise me. 

31 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Alex Ferguson only temporarily presided over approx. 7 matches (2 v. Australia, 1 v. England (Rous Cup), forget the other opponents) plus the 3 games at Mexico '86 as Scotland manager

For all of the time he was the national manager, half of it was on a part-time basis, the other half being of a full time nature. 

Never thought of this until now but with Ferguson becoming manager of Scotland after Jock Stein's demise in September 1985, this may or may not have impacted on our chances of winning the title for the third year in a row.🤔

I know we won the Skol Cup and Scottish Cup in season 85/86, and got to the QF of the European Cup😔.

However, it's just a theory.

You could probably argue that Ferguson is a slightly better manager than O’Neill too

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

No one here is actually idk. Just rumour, speculation and doubling down on their guesses.

There’s been suggestions that some of the posts on here might even be outright lies. Or at least that’s what Dougie Imrie was saying at the Westhill McDonalds this lunchtime.

• Haha 3

He's done his 'apprenticeship' with smaller teams, exceeded expectations domestically and in Europe with Shamrock Rovers, exceeded expectations with Northern Ireland, knocked back the Scotland job, English Championship experience at a yo-yo club that was not a disaster (ala Darak). Good CV.

BHH

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2

Michael O'Neill isn't in any rush to rule out a move back to club football amid links to Aberdeen, says Northern Irish broadcaster Michael Clarke.

Speaking on BBC's Scottish Football Podcast, Clarke suggests the Northern Ireland manager may be looking to "remind the world" he's available if a deal can be struck.

"It's a curious one because when the press conference took place in Belfast, ahead of this double header, I opened it by asking that question, 'would you like to just dispel this now and we can get on with

international matters?' And he didn't really do that."

"He said, 'well, I'm committed to Northern Ireland. I have a contract here. I don't really want to comment any further.'

"And then I said, 'well, just for the record, is that no, then you're not really interested.'

And he still didn't say no. 

He keeps talking about the things he wants to do with Northern Ireland whilst reminding us Stoke were able to buy him out of his contract the last time. There is a wee bit of that with Michael here, I feel. 

So whether that is for Aberdeen's benefit or whether that's just reminding the rest of the world that for the right price if a good enough offer was out there, he would never say never."