Next Manager

7 minutes ago, RDS said:

Any gype saying BHH (Russell) about a possible manager who played 6 games here on loan and was Morris levels of shit at the time needs to give their head a shake

Alas I'm not saying BHH based on his playing ability. Agreed he was well past it when he got here, was cracking at United and Hibs

Apart from the experienced line, I cannae see why we bring O'Neill in. That money, for that bloody contract...fucking hell the managers ye could try and entice. Nothing against him as a fella. Did well at Euro 2016, success at Shamrock...but its not enough to convince me and does feel like a "He'll do"

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Apart from the experienced line, I cannae see why we bring O’Neill in. That money, for that bloody contract…fucking hell the managers ye could try and entice. Nothing against him as a fella. Did well at Euro 2016, success at Shamrock...but its not enough to convince me and does feel like a "He'll do"

What amount of money and what contract ?
And how do you know what other potential managers would be looking for financially and that it’d be enough to get them to come to us ?

19 minutes ago, redone said:

What amount of money and what contract ?
And how do you know what other potential managers would be looking for financially and that it’d be enough to get them to come to us ?

Thelin was heavily pencilled and under contract. Its well established that O'Neill is on a hefty amount. Thelin contracted till 2026. I understand O'Neill is too. And I'd wager Eflsborg ain't paying what the IFA are paying. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Thelin was heavily pencilled and under contract. Its well established that O'Neill is on a hefty amount. Thelin contracted till 2026. I understand O'Neill is too. And I'd wager Eflsborg ain't paying what the IFA are paying. 

O'Neill is under contract until summer 2028. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Might be worth tuning into Sportsound in a few mins

I'd rather cauterise my urethra with a white hot wire coat hanger than listen to that.

Still better than reading this thread though.

9 hours ago, RUL said:

Why would we need a technical director and director of football? They have them in Europe because they have huge set ups which are typically :

first team 

b teams (u23s)

u21s 

u19s 

u18s down 

we have first team and u18s. The u18s have dedicated coaches. Our u18 set up involves a head of youth (which has been unfilled) and a head of coaching. We also have a head of early development. 

we already have a “pathways” manager who’s job it is to manage youngsters who move up from u18s but aren’t ready for first team and give them loans.

all our recruitment is done by a dedicated recruitment manager. 

it’s clear the technical director at Aberdeen will have no say in who manages the team. As they aren’t filling the role before appointing the manager, assuming we can even appoint someone. 

Last season the womens role was filled by head of youth as we couldn’t fill the role. The director of football at Aberdeen doesn’t have qualifications to take any football teams. 

we also have a chief executive who’s role seems to breach into everything including football. We have a commercial manager. 

we have a football monitoring board and finally one of the most interfering chairman in club football. 

Aberdeen fc structure is absolutely crazy as it is and adding more layers is a nonsense. It’s a deliberate attempt to fudge responsibility as they aren’t happy with the fans attacking the individuals such as burrows and Cormack. Bring in someone new and give the fans a new scapegoat. 

we have a male team averaging 14,000

u18s average attendance about 80

women averaging about 150.

its anyone guess what the fuck goes on at Aberdeen all week with the amount of people employed these days who’s role seems to be covered by 2 or 3 people it’s little wonder nobody makes a decision about fucking anything.

Good stuff and got to agree we simply have too many positions at the club.

Made worse imo that some of the people in role at the moment aren’t very capable.

Only disagreement I have here is I think it’s reasonable for the club to have a director of football- but I don’t think the current incumbent really performs that role.

20 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Good stuff and got to agree we simply have too many positions at the club.

Made worse imo that some of the people in role at the moment aren’t very capable.

Only disagreement I have here is I think it’s reasonable for the club to have a director of football- but I don’t think the current incumbent really performs that role.

Agreed. Too much emphasis on the structure being made too imo, better to have a few competent people collectively managing the club than layers of structure made up of individuals incapable of doing a good job. 

• Thanks 1