Next Manager

1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Thelin was heavily pencilled and under contract. Its well established that O'Neill is on a hefty amount. Thelin contracted till 2026. I understand O'Neill is too. And I'd wager Eflsborg ain't paying what the IFA are paying. 

A lot of guesswork going on there…..uneducated guesswork.

For all I know you might be right but I suspect that for all you know you might well be wrong.

Tom English suggesting Michael O’Neill doesn’t want the job partly because of some of the individuals he’d be working with.

Generally saying managers might be put off when “they look under the bonnet” of the club.

”The club have serious issues”.

Willie Miller chimed in with “why would he give up a lucrative 4 year contract?”

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Did they give any clarity on it? I think if anything there will be more said post match. 

Only just got round to discussing it

He was interviewed by an Irish bitch so wasn’t asked the question about the link with AFC

English and Miller reckon it would be a highly unlikely appointment 

If Terry is 99.9% certain it’s MoN then let’s hope he gets interviewed after the game by a Scottish reporter and gets asked the question.

How much dough would he be on at NI? More than the reputed £750k per annum that McInnes was on?

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Tom English suggesting Michael O’Neill doesn’t want the job partly because of some of the individuals he’d be working with.

Generally saying managers might be put off when “they look under the bonnet” of the club.

”The club have serious issues”.

Willie Miller chimed in with “why would he give up a lucrative 4 year contract?”

Nonsense, the review said everything is fine 🤔

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Only just got round to discussing it

He was interviewed by an Irish bitch so wasn’t asked the question about the link with AFC

English and Miller reckon it would be a highly unlikely appointment 

English is a fanny in fairness. 

I do think it's probably unlikely given the finances but I also wouldn't put it past Cormack to just throw money at it. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

English is a fanny in fairness. 

I do think it's probably unlikely given the finances but I also wouldn't put it past Cormack to just throw money at it. 

If Cormack is prepared to throw money at it, why the fuck would it be at MoN? Should have done so at Thelin, even if their season starts this weekend 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

He used to work at the club so may have some contacts, but probably guessing like the rest of us.

Pie seller? Left when they switched to card only and cashless as couldn’t pocket any siller?

It is set up for an appointment tomorrow though

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

O'Neill is under contract until summer 2028. 

Managers contract length often mean fk all nowadays as there are always releases in them (to suit both parties depending on situation) anything from as little as 3 months wages (which clubs like Hibs have learned to do with last couple of appointments) up to a years worth of contracts/wages.

NIFA will definitely have a safety/pay off clause in O’Neils just in case he was shite so they didn’t have to pay up full contract & that same clause is applied to the managers benefit if he should want to leave. 

So (IMO) all the talk of his contract length is completely moot. Especially when being used to imply a club would have to pay up the full contract because there are all kinds of deals/releases done now. Even more so at ‘lesser’ clubs & international associations & NI definitely fall into the ‘lesser’ category, as do Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Managers contract length often mean fk all nowadays as there are always releases in them (to suit both parties depending on situation) anything from as little as 3 months wages (which clubs like Hibs have learned to do with last couple of appointments) up to a years worth of contracts/wages.

NIFA will definitely have a safety/pay off clause in O’Neils just in case he was shite so they didn’t have to pay up full contract & that same clause is applied to the managers benefit if he should want to leave. 

So (IMO) all the talk of his contract length is completely moot. Especially when being used to imply a club would have to pay up the full contract because there are all kinds of deals/releases done now. Even more so at ‘lesser’ clubs & international associations & NI definitely fall into the ‘lesser’ category, as do Aberdeen.

He has mentioned several times now that the football association did well out of him going to Stoke which makes me think he has some sort of agreement with them this time around that means they won't stand in his way if a suitable return to club management comes up. I don't envisage the length of his deal being an issue at all.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If Cormack is prepared to throw money at it, why the fuck would it be at MoN? Should have done so at Thelin, even if their season starts this weekend 

I don't disagree. But you can only throw money at somebody who shows even the slightest interest in it. You'd have to assume that Thelin wasn't in the slightest bit interested. 

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would be very surprised if he don’t throw similar money at Thelin but he didn’t budge 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Hardly surprising a Roman Catholic Northern Irishman wouldn't sing "God Save the King"...

No doubt the hun scum will whine about it & Scotland fans booing their anthem. 

Fuck them all.

“Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King”

Fuck the King & fuck the Huns 

• Upvote 2

I’m neither here nor there as far as appointing O’Neil but I will say this.

For all those that are so dead against him at least. I would bet most of you would be delighted if it was Steve Clarke that we were rumoured to be after but is he any better or have a better record/CV than O’Neil? Same rgds the Swede 🤷 why so much more in favour of the Swede than O’Neil other than the foreign/unknown aspect?

• Dildo 1
9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I don't disagree. But you can only throw money at somebody who shows even the slightest interest in it. You'd have to assume that Thelin wasn't in the slightest bit interested. 

Maybe so but you wonder why the speculation went on for as long as it did with Thelin.

I’m sure, at the outset, we sounded out a good half dozen candidates and any definitive “nopes” were killed stone dead. I don’t get the impression Thelin was one of those.

After he’d spoken in depth with Cormack, he probably was 😂