Next Manager

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I’m neither here nor there as far as appointing O’Neil but I will say this.

For all those that are so dead against him at least. I would bet most of you would be delighted if it was Steve Clarke that we were rumoured to be after but is he any better or have a better record/CV than O’Neil? Same rgds the Swede 🤷 why so much more in favour of the Swede than O’Neil other than the foreign/unknown aspect?

They both have very unconvincing records as club managers. Wouldn't want either. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

They both have very unconvincing records as club managers. Wouldn't want either. 

O’Neil & Clarke or the Swede?

I would definitely take Steve Clarke & I genuinely don’t think O’Neil is any worse than him at least 🤷

I dont see the cash to buy him out being a stumbling block at all. If Stoke only paid £650k last time then something like that is not going to stop us. 

Fuck it we'd have to pay £300k to £400k for Stephen Robinson, and fuck knows some of these continental boys.

Salary is another story.

I'd be dead against O'Neill being on the guts of a million a year from us, but again we can absolutely afford it.

Imagine Knutsen was happy to come, no money would get in the way of that deal we would just do it

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not what I read in the Northern Irish press.

They suggested £500k-£600k

Well if that's the case his wages wouldn't be a problem for us.

The question then arises as to how much compo the IFA would be due to secure his release. Here's hoping it's a hefty figure. I just don't want him anywhere near us.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Well if that's the case his wages wouldn't be a problem for us.

The question then arises as to how much compo the IFA would be due to secure his release. Here's hoping it's a hefty figure. I just don't want him anywhere near us.

Really 🤔

Last week I said that I saw it looked like someone was getting shown round Cormack park ( I did say I could be wrong) some one asked me what colour hair and I said grey , looking at Michael O’Neil from a distance and looking at his gait I would say he looked like the guy I thought I saw 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What about 600k?

Over £11k a week on O'Neill would be a hell of a lot of money, particularly when it seems the club are wanting to put in place a modern setup with a DoF & SD sitting above him.

6 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Last week I said that I saw it looked like someone was getting shown round Cormack park ( I did say I could be wrong) some one asked me what colour hair and I said grey , looking at Michael O’Neil from a distance and looking at his gait I would say he looked like the guy I thought I saw 

Did he have glasses, a beard, a hat or a moustache?