Next Manager

1 minute ago, redcryptoknight said:

Did he have glasses, a beard, a hat or a moustache?

Do you have a guess who board of managerial candidates that you need to whittle down ? , But just looking at O’Neil from a similar distance and how he is walking I’d say that is strikingly similar to the guy I saw last week 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Madness if we pay him a million a year, none of the players are on anything like that either 

We ain't paying a million a year 😂😂

Mcinnes was on that almost ‘apparently’ 🤔

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s on about half that at NI allegedly, if reports are to be believed. 

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's only about £10k/wk.

I suspect he's on a wee bit more than that

Doubt he’s on much more than that for a shitey wee FA like NI in what is effectively a part time job compared to club football.

Levein was on £400k a year when Scotland manager. Which was a while ago yes but NI are probably paying similar to what Scotland were back then 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

We are interviewing now. Doubt it will be O’Neil. 

Not sounding too good is it?

For me, we really need a good positive appointment.

Like imagine taking this fucking long to find a manager then announcing the completely wrong fit.

3 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Would expect a statement tomorrow one way or another. Either O’Neil appointed or telling us that Leven will be in charge on Saturday considering that’s the international break done.

Yeah needs to be something tomorrow either way.

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Mcinnes was on that almost ‘apparently’ 🤔

Doubt he’s on much more than that for a shitey wee FA like NI in what is effectively a part time job compared to club football.

Levein was on £400k a year when Scotland manager. Which was a while ago yes but NI are probably paying similar to what Scotland were back then 

Remember before we appointed Clarke we offered O'Neill the Scotland job when he was in his first spell as NI boss. And he turned it down because what the SFA were offering was supposedly nowhere near what he was earning already

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well if that's the case his wages wouldn't be a problem for us.

The question then arises as to how much compo the IFA would be due to secure his release. Here's hoping it's a hefty figure. I just don't want him anywhere near us.

We won’t have to pay the IFA fk all. Why the fk would we? 🤷

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not sounding too good is it?

For me, we really need a good positive appointment.

Like imagine taking this fucking long to find a manager then announcing the completely wrong fit.

That rules out atleast 1 candidate that interviewed today than haha. Jesus Christ! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Remember before we appointed Clarke we offered O'Neill the Scotland job when he was in his first spell as NI boss. And he turned it down because what the SFA were offering was supposedly nowhere near what he was earning already

Very much doubt that to be true.

No way NIFA are paying more than SFA, probably not a lot less but not more I doubt 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
5 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hlxghd

BBC's Scottish Football Podcast from today.  Skip to 16:00 to avoid the chatter about the game tonight and they spend 5 minutes on our manager hunt and the possibility of it being Michael O'Neil.  One of the guests is an NI journo so it's interesting to hear his perspective on it.

The presenters accent is very annoying.

15 minutes ago, slippers said:

We are interviewing now. Doubt it will be O’Neil. 

If that's the case then I would suppose we've approached and been rejected by all the people we actually wanted and now we're reduced to considering all the no-hopers and retards like Yogi and Lennon who applied for the job.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Very much doubt that to be true.

No way NIFA are paying more than SFA, probably not a lot less but not more I doubt 

I remember what TC is referring to- NI were paying their manager way more than the SFA.

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If that's the case then I would suppose we've approached and been rejected by all the people we actually wanted and now we're reduced to considering all the no-hopers and retards like Yogi and Lennon who applied for the job.

We have been rejected by 4 candidates yes 

• Upvote 1
Just now, slippers said:

We have been rejected by 4 candidates yes 

That’s painful.

You’d like to think the leadership at the club might give some thought as to WHY.

Or even ask the candidates for their feedback.

But… I’m sure we’ll just crack on with being useless as fuck in all leadership areas. 

Just now, Helmet said:

That’s painful.

You’d like to think the leadership at the club might give some thought as to WHY.

Or even ask the candidates for their feedback.

But… I’m sure we’ll just crack on with being useless as fuck in all leadership areas. 

It’s because we are shit club in a shit league that is completely corrupt. No manager with any ambition or sense will touch it.

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, redone said:

A lot of guesswork going on there…..uneducated guesswork.

For all I know you might be right but I suspect that for all you know you might well be wrong.

Its no uneducated if the guy has had to say he's not interested in the job, or took himself out the running after being  heavily touted and word is the club did speak to him. 

5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I remember what TC is referring to- NI were paying their manager way more than the SFA.

Oh ok. Must be true then 🤣

I know (from Levein himself bragging to me about his £400k plus high end company car & expenses for a part time job) 🤣 that he was on £400k a year at Scotland back in 2010/11.

was speaking to him when he was pished at a wee function/meal 😉 which was nothing to do with football