Next Manager

Just now, Helmet said:

That’s painful.

You’d like to think the leadership at the club might give some thought as to WHY.

Or even ask the candidates for their feedback.

But… I’m sure we’ll just crack on with being useless as fuck in all leadership areas. 

It’s easy to say why.

1) We have an uncertain future. Relegation, although unlikely, is still far from an uncertainty. 

2) We have had a report compiled which says we need to adjust our structure and appoint a technical director. Another unknown. 

3) The last 4 years have been poor on the Board/Manager front. No manager wants to be sacked in 8 months, especially those who have aims of higher levels. It’s a risk. 

4) The board and chairman are an utter basket case. 

5) re-build needed. It’s a misconception that managers love a rebuild to put their own stamp on a team. Most successes come from a good core of players and 2-4 additions to strengthen. in addition, if a manager needs to rebuild, they need assurances that the funds are there for fees and wages. 

6) The league. It’s a fucking nightmare of a league. The chances of success and trophies is far from a given, to be honest, nearly impossible. The best a manager could hope for is 3rd and europe. But given the coefficient, 3rd doesn’t guarantee europe next year, unless yon czech team get pumped out. 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Oh ok. Must be true then 🤣

I know (from Levein himself bragging to me about his £400k plus high end company car & expenses for a part time job) 🤣 that he was on £400k a year at Scotland back in 2010/11.

was speaking to him when he was pished at a wee function/meal 😉 which was nothing to do with football 

O’Neill turned SFA down and it was widely reported we could not match his salary.

Might be media bullshit but I don’t see any reason why it can’t be true.

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

O’Neill turned SFA down and it was widely reported we could match his salary.

Because said ‘media’ more than likely consisted mostly of Huns that hate anything regarding Scotland/international set up & will say anything derogatory they can 🤷

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, Helmet said:

O’Neill turned SFA down and it was widely reported we could not match his salary.

True. They sent Stewart Raegan across to get the deal done and they couldn’t match his salary at that time, so they then approached mcleish. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Because said ‘media’ more than likely consisted mostly of Huns that hate anything regarding Scotland/international set up & will say anything derogatory they can 🤷

Of course, that’ll be it.

And O'Neill probably mixed his pay slip up with his local bar tab.

8 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Of course they aren't. Where the hell would they get the money. The game in Northern Ireland is non League standard. 

From the Euros they qualified for and took part in under Michael O'Neill. Scotland hadn't qualified for a tournament in 20 years when the SFA made their move for him. 

2 minutes ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

Is this from BBC Radio Scotland? They have been joking for weeks about Miller coming back as a coach. It’s just ‘banter’. 

if not… call me intrigued 

Not Miller but would be popular I believe (but sorry can’t say, hopefully all come clear tomorrow)

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They don’t have a competitive game for 6 months. 

Two kickabout friendlies in June. 

Yeah but they’re building a young team. There will definitely be some kind of continuity planning (if he does go to Aberdeen)