Next Manager

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Aye, the blatant lies in the statements look a bit pointless now and just applied unnecessary pressure. 

When in reality, we weren’t at an advanced stage at all and I guess we will find out tomorrow if the aim to appoint someone during the INT break has been completed 

Yep, seemed to be a "cover our arses" statement to line up with what Warnock said

Realistically any half decent manager is either a) in a job already or b) wouldn't want to take the gig as still a very real chance we could go down

Would like to hope if we can get 4 points from next 3 games that will help to ease any relegation worries and we can look to get someone in by the end of the season. Knowing how this season and the FMB work that'll be unlikely

12 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

It’s probably the only answer he’s going to come up with.

If he was to saying anything else/something like ‘we will see what happens’ it’s pretty much confirming he’s got the job.

Why would he say no ? He’d just say he’s not got anything to say on that. If it was him it would have been arranged. He’s said no because he’s no intention of being there

Just now, RDS said:

Who was first choice then?

I'm guessing it was O'Neill given we had already talked to him and some folk that know a thing or two fully expected him to be in sharpish but that never materialised, now we're scrambling about.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm guessing it was O'Neill given we had already talked to him and some folk that know a thing or two fully expected him to be in sharpish but that never materialised, now we're scrambling about.

Are you of the view that we’d be as well going with Leven until the end of the season? 

Just now, Rico1903 said:

Are you of the view that we’d be as well going with Leven until the end of the season? 

Hard to say really, I thin k it's risky but I suppose it could be argued that hiring anyone is a huge risk given the mess we are in.

20 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Doesn't really mean anything. Currently he has no choice but to say he won't be in the dugout for the semi final as we've not asked permission to speak to him or anything. We've not even offered him the job. Nothing to see here. 

Are there ‘dugouts’ at Hampden?

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's doing a half decent attempt at telling fibs by claiming it's all a media construct if we have talked to him 

If O’Neil has turned us down. No matter what’s your thoughts on him are, it can’t be seen as a good thing that our new manager is going to be infact further down the list then he is/was.

Starting to warm to the idea of just giving Leven the job until the end of the season, if the extent of managers turning us down is as large as people are making it out to be. Would much perfer that then just giving the job to someone like Lennon because no one else is interested at the moment.

I guess we would just have to hope that managers will be more willing to join as at seasons end, assuming we are still in the League 

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Club set themselves up to fail by issuing the statement they did

really their own doing by not dealing with Robson at the end of December when it made the most sense to

100%.

The club wanted to appear to be in total control of the situation so went along with what Warnock said, when, in reality, they were anything but. 

9 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Yep, seemed to be a "cover our arses" statement to line up with what Warnock said

Realistically any half decent manager is either a) in a job already or b) wouldn't want to take the gig as still a very real chance we could go down

Would like to hope if we can get 4 points from next 3 games that will help to ease any relegation worries and we can look to get someone in by the end of the season. Knowing how this season and the FMB work that'll be unlikely

Not sure four more points will cut it 

Leaving Leven in the position until summer isn’t an option unless we aren’t seriously wanting to be competitive for top 4 next season. 

The board wanted someone in so that the summer rebuild could be planned ahead of the season ending and the new gaffer could assess what he thinks we would need.

It’s not good

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yogi, Lennon & Jack Ross in a race to the bottom 

appointing any manager who was available when we

appointed Leven,

then Warnock,

then Leven,

then chased after all these others

would be an appropriate conclusion to our incompetence this season 

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

100%.

The club wanted to appear to be in total control of the situation so went along with what Warnock said, when, in reality, they were anything but. 

Aye 100%, all for transparency and communication but snacks of sheer incompetence

almost better off holding off now anyway till we get a technical director in really 

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

appointing any manager who was available when we

appointed Leven,

then Warnock,

then Leven,

then chased after all these others

would be an appropriate conclusion to our incompetence this season 

I put nothing past the useless cunts that run our club.

Appointing Lennon would be the cherry on the icing.

He'd be so divisive, but Cormack & the FMB have made a rip roaring cunt of everything else I really wouldn’t put it past them. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Hard to say really, I thin k it's risky but I suppose it could be argued that hiring anyone is a huge risk given the mess we are in.

It’s probably best for them to come out tomorrow and say (if O’Neil doesn’t get appointed) then We haven’t been able to complete our aim of appointing a manager during the international break for reasons x, y and z. We will continue our search for a new manager with Peter Leven continuing to take the team until then.

Putting timelines on these things probably justs adds unnecessary pressure. Can already envision us rushing into the appointment of Jack Ross after being 5 points afloat in 11th placed as a result of ‘giving Leven the job until the end of the season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I put nothing past the useless cunts that run our club.

Appointing Lennon would be the cherry on the icing.

He'd be so divisive, but Cormack & the FMB have made a rip roaring cunt of everything else I really wouldn’t put it past them. 

I'd be surprised. Lennon is too dominant a personality for Cormack surely?