Next Manager

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If Lennon was interviewed yesterday, as is being suggested, might that just be as an interim, to give the club even more breathing space to bring in the permanent manager?

I can't see Lennon agreeing to come in as an interim. 

FWIW, I think need to make a permanent appointment because if they bring in another interim everyone will be all over the club and they won't let up. Cormack won't tell the truth as to what's actually gone on so we'll just continue to become an even bigger laughing stock with each passing day. 

If there's no announcement by the County game, I really hope the fans that are at Pittodrie make their feelings abundantly clear to Cormack and the board. I'm hoping Cormacks wife has told him to sell up and just go back to being a fan because of his health. 

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If Lennon was interviewed yesterday, as is being suggested, might that just be as an interim, to give the club even more breathing space to bring in the permanent manager?

Can't see him agreeing to that. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I can't see Lennon agreeing to come in as an interim. 

FWIW, I think need to make a permanent appointment because if they bring in another interim everyone will be all over the club and they won't let up. Cormack won't tell the truth as to what's actually gone on so we'll just continue to become an even bigger laughing stock with each passing day. 

If there's no announcement by the County game, I really hope the fans that are at Pittodrie make their feelings abundantly clear to Cormack and the board. I'm hoping Cormacks wife has told him to sell up and just go back to being a fan because of his health. 

Cormack doesn’t need to sell up, to go back to being a fan. Just take a f’kin’ step back 

• Upvote 1
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No chance he’d accept a 7 week job then agree to get punted 

Was it not said that before Warnock when we were looking for an interim that they looked at Lennon but he wanted assurances that if he got 4th and the Scottish Cup he'd get it permanently and we said no?

Maybe we're so desperate now that we'd give him assurances that if he came in on an interim and kept us up he's get it permanent in the Summer.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Was it not said that before Warnock when we were looking for an interim that they looked at Lennon but he wanted assurances that if he got 4th and the Scottish Cup he'd get it permanently and we said no?

Maybe we're so desperate now that we'd give him assurances that if he came in on an interim and kept us up he's get it permanent in the Summer.

Have a feeling that was made up but not sure. 

• Haha 1

100% believe we won't appoint another interim. Leven will just continue as caretaker whether its to an appointment this week, next or at the end of the season. Doing anything other than that would just make people go even more insane than they already are.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Rot-10-One said:

Just putting it out there and make of it what you want.

Duncan Ferguson 

Did you put whisky on your cornflakes?

Ferguson's heart is in the right place and I'm sure he could gee players up but he's thick as mince. His role is assisting not being a manager. He was shite at Forest Green and he's been shite at Inverness. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1

Looking forward to another day of speculation on here & radio silence from the club. Lost count of all the managers who have allegedly fucked us off, they must be at the stage now where we’ve had to create a new shortlist. 

0 chance Lennon would take it on an interim basis only. He’s been flashing his knickers for weeks but even he isn’t that desperate. 

34 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

bollox.
He was asked to come in and do a job (ok maybe till end of season) but at the same time Cormack and his puppet Gunn asked Warnock for his assessment and opinion. Warnock then gave his opinion which Cormack and Gunn obviously did not like and the end result was Warnock said fcuk you I am out of here and to be fair to the man quite rightly so.
What a total shambles and joke of a club we currently are.

Totally. He is not a man that will take shit and at his stage in life he doesn't have to take it. He didn't and those are the actions of a real man.

Those trying to portray the situation as him "bottling it" fall into two categories either yes men and brown nosers in their own lives or they're anti-English scot nat types.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 4
1 minute ago, redcryptoknight said:

How does the rejected by abidy narrative we're going with this time around tie in to the usual "we're not ambitious enough" story we usually go with when looking for a new manager?

Suppose Cormack is showing ambition now but he’s made such a mess of things that someone we would’ve had a chance with last summer, or even when DM left, wouldn’t even give us a second thought. 

~4 years of sheer negligence during Cormack’s tenure has culminated in this. Scrambling around trying to find anyone who’ll consider the manager’s job. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Looking forward to another day of speculation on here & radio silence from the club. Lost count of all the managers who have allegedly fucked us off, they must be at the stage now where we’ve had to create a new shortlist. 

0 chance Lennon would take it on an interim basis only. He’s been flashing his knickers for weeks but even he isn’t that desperate. 

We don't want him. Wash your mouth out.

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Leven has (apparently) continually said he doesn’t want the job even on an interim basis, just for a few games. If he’s told the FMB that he’s had enough of the hot seat, what then, if no permanent manager is in siight? Scott Anderson?

It shouldn’t be long now I don’t think. Even if it means it’s Lennon. At least he wants it. Does O’Neil for example even want it never mind the mental compo that would be required. 

11 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Did you put whisky on your cornflakes?

Ferguson's heart is in the right place and I'm sure he could gee players up but he's thick as mince. His role is assisting not being a manager. He was shite at Forest Green and he's been shite at Inverness. 

Two clubs who were in dire muck.

Did a great job at Everton twice as stand in,and Ancelotti rates him.

Just saying like,but still not enough managerial know how.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Leven has (apparently) continually said he doesn’t want the job even on an interim basis, just for a few games. If he’s told the FMB that he’s had enough of the hot seat, what then, if no permanent manager is in siight? Scott Anderson?

Jonny Hayes and/or Stuart Duff before him I would guess.