Next Manager

1 minute ago, slippers said:

It shouldn’t be long now I don’t think. Even if it means it’s Lennon. At least he wants it. Does O’Neil for example even want it never mind the mental compo that would be required. 

The idea of paying stupid money for O’Neil is wrong.

I just want a manager in who makes us better. I don’t want Lennon but if he’s appointed, I won’t spit the dummy and stop going to games.

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Totally. He is not a man that will take shit and at his stage in life he doesn't have to take it. He didn't and those are the actions of a real man.

Those trying to portray the situation as him "bottling it" fall into two categories either yes men and brown nosers in their own lives or they're anti-English scot nat types.

Ahhhh that's why I think you're a hun...I mean dick.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The idea of paying stupid money for O’Neil is wrong.

I just want a manager in who makes us better. I don’t want Lennon but if he’s appointed, I won’t spit the dummy and stop going to games.

Neither will the many here thar said they would!

Remember football  fans are fucking  mugs

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Anyone mentioning Lennon as an acceptable appointment should have their season ticket removed. They obviously don't have the good of the club at heart.

Balmoor or Spain Park are options. 

Wouldn’t go that far but I definitely can’t get on board with Lennon at all 

I’d probably sit the rest of the season out at least 

• Upvote 3

I don't have a clue what is actually going on behind the scenes but say the murmurings are on the right track and we've been trying candidates of the calibre of the likes of Thelin and the Rijeka manager, I wonder if it's time we start adjusting our approach?

I just don't think the Aberdeen job or any of our similar-sized rivals in Scotland are going to be seen as anything other than sideways steps at best from Elfsborg and Rijeka. Leaving aside a meddling chairman, if that's the case (again I don't have a clue), you've got a 12-team league that is badly marketed and heavily weighed in favour of two insufferable sides in every sense from the financial aspect to actual governance. Why would you leave a country where you can feasibly target winning the league for that? 

The problem is adjusting the ambition leaves you at best with domestic candidates like Lennon, Neil and O'Neill and overseas candidates in the mould of Ricardo Rodriguez or whoever. Perhaps this has become a realisation for the board throughout this process, perhaps we're just a basket case. Who knows.

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

100% believe we won't appoint another interim. Leven will just continue as caretaker whether its to an appointment this week, next or at the end of the season. Doing anything other than that would just make people go even more insane than they already are.

This. 
no one is going to commit to us from the summer incase we are in the championship.

And with no interims left to step in, someone coming in needs to be permanent and hit ground running now.

But who wants it, and when will they commit knowing we not going to be in championship…

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

bollox.
He was asked to come in and do a job (ok maybe till end of season) but at the same time Cormack and his puppet Gunn asked Warnock for his assessment and opinion. Warnock then gave his opinion which Cormack and Gunn obviously did not like and the end result was Warnock said fcuk you I am out of here and to be fair to the man quite rightly so.
What a total shambles and joke of a club we currently are.

What a load of made up tripe!  Warnock totally fucked us over. Another who talked the talk then shat themselves.

• Like 1
  • Dildo 2
1 minute ago, Sheeptastic said:

I don't have a clue what is actually going on behind the scenes but say the murmurings are on the right track and we've been trying candidates of the calibre of the likes of Thelin and the Rijeka manager, I wonder if it's time we start adjusting our approach?

I just don't think the Aberdeen job or any of our similar-sized rivals in Scotland are going to be seen as anything other than sideways steps at best from Elfsborg and Rijeka. Leaving aside a meddling chairman, if that's the case (again I don't have a clue), you've got a 12-team league that is badly marketed and heavily weighed in favour of two insufferable sides in every sense from the financial aspect to actual governance. Why would you leave a country where you can feasibly target winning the league for that? 

The problem is adjusting the ambition leaves you at best with domestic candidates like Lennon, Neil and O'Neill and overseas candidates in the mould of Ricardo Rodriguez or whoever. Perhaps this has become a realisation for the board throughout this process, perhaps we're just a basket case. Who knows.

We surely  ATM could  be seem as a basket  case club 

I'd rather they take time than just appoint for the sake of it. Leven has been put in a shite position, no danger. But he surely must know he's nothing to lose, bit like Warnock. Leven has said he would like to stay on, he seems an able coach and is getting more out them than Warnock ever did...and at least he's trying to play fitba. 

It's shite, but personally I don't want a Lennon cause he's available and wants it. I don't think we should panic, despite the position we're in. I think the reason Robson was given more time, was becasue of this scenario, there isn't much about that is enticing. We're all a bit flat with the names and the non progress but I'd take that than appoint for a "That'll do"

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Did you put whisky on your cornflakes?

Ferguson's heart is in the right place and I'm sure he could gee players up but he's thick as mince. His role is assisting not being a manager. He was shite at Forest Green and he's been shite at Inverness. 

Sadly think you are correct re Ferguson, thought he was ‘one to watch’ but results say otherwise. The odd good result  is no measure of his capabilities.

1 minute ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I'd rather they take time than just appoint for the sake of it. Leven has been put in a shite position, no danger. But he surely must know he's nothing to lose, bit like Warnock. Leven has said he would like to stay on, he seems an able coach and is getting more out them than Warnock ever did...and at least he's trying to play fitba. 

It's shite, but personally I don't want a Lennon cause he's available and wants it. I don't think we should panic, despite the position we're in. I think the reason Robson was given more time, was becasue of this scenario, there isn't much about that is enticing. We're all a bit flat with the names and the non progress but I'd take that than appoint for a "That'll do"

Agree with that, if it’s a choice between Neil Lennon (or Jack Ross or another of the usual suspects) I think we’d be better off just leaving Leven where he is until the summer. It’s a risk but I can’t see anyone who hasn’t already turned us down coming in & doing much better than Leven will. 

It causes issues for the summer “rebuild” in that it would be ideal getting someone in now to assess the squad but its collateral damage for not employing Lennon & ending up back at square 1 next season. Besides, I’m sure we’ve all got faith in the DoF to know what we need for next season & get a start on the summer business. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Sadly think you are correct re Ferguson, thought he was ‘one to watch’ but results say otherwise. The odd good result  is no measure of his capabilities.

Surely better at Everton because better players and they where in a poor position because of wrong manager choices! 

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Agree with that, if it’s a choice between Neil Lennon (or Jack Ross or another of the usual suspects) I think we’d be better off just leaving Leven where he is until the summer. It’s a risk but I can’t see anyone who hasn’t already turned us down coming in & doing much better than Leven will. 

It causes issues for the summer “rebuild” in that it would be ideal getting someone in now to assess the squad but its collateral damage for not employing Lennon & ending up back at square 1 next season. Besides, I’m sure we’ve all got faith in the DoF to know what we need for next season & get a start on the summer business. 

Hahaha. Aye, would want someone in now, absolutely on the summer business, its a shite problem thats upon us now and floating ever shiter! Ideally they get who they want, but its looking unlikely. Still it could all turn round in the couple of days. But aye,I would prefer they get someone in long term with a passion for doing so and plays non turgid fitba. 

I think I'm a bit more positive than a lot of the comments on here.

re: Cormack, mistakes have definitely been made, but he's backed the managers he has appointed and I fully anticipate him doing so again with whomever comes in. He has an ambition for the club which currently we are not achieving, but I like and support the ambition and will be happy to keep paying my (small contribution) to the club to help them deliver.

I have no idea who the new manager will be. I hope we get someone in who the players respect and who has some proven ability in organising and coaching. We should be a front foot attacking and dominant team in just about every game we play. We then need to be well organised and disciplined in certain key matches. I don't think we've consistently achieved this since Derek (and agree we didn't achieve this toward the end of his time).

Lennon - I don't get the hate. I believe in 'stand free'  and have always seen us as club free of bigotry. I think some of the anti Lennon bile is bigotry. It may also be a belief that he isn't all that great a manager...

O'Neil - I can't see any reason why that would be an obviously bad appointment. Every appointment is a risk. O'Neil has experience inside and outside Scotland and at various levels of the game.

Others - well... lets wait and see. I'll be supporting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Dildo 5

One way or another the supporters need an update. We were told that they were in advanced stages weeks ago, which clearly was utter bullshit. I don't think they expected to be turned down by so many managers and thought they would be able to appoint their man within the week. 

We need a chairman who is capable of running a football club. I'm actually not against Cormack staying within the club, but commercial / supporter engagement is where he would belong. Some good initiatives over the past few years, but none of that matters when you don't provide on the pitch.