Next Manager

The fan expectation is horrific. We must have a disproportionate number of morons in the support (going off of social media/this shit forum etc.). People still think we can attract Knutsen, Thelin (who we'd never heard of until 2 weeks ago), or anyone with any pedigree.

Then, when Michael O'Neill's name is getting bandied about, it's 'ooh the football will be eye bleedingly shite!'. Well, unfortunately we aren't going to get an up and coming tiki-taka manager rock up to Pittodrie, so knuckle down boys and girls. We've wasted 3 years since McInnes got the bullet. 

Let's just kill ourselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Alex_14 said:

The fan expectation is horrific. We must have a disproportionate number of morons in the support (going off of social media/this shit forum etc.). People still think we can attract Knutsen, Thelin (who we'd never heard of until 2 weeks ago), or anyone with any pedigree.

Then, when Michael O'Neill's name is getting bandied about, it's 'ooh the football will be eye bleedingly shite!'. Well, unfortunately we aren't going to get an up and coming tiki-taka manager rock up to Pittodrie, so knuckle down boys and girls. We've wasted 3 years since McInnes got the bullet. 

And another great post 👍👏👏

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

Lennon - I don't get the hate. I believe in 'stand free'  and have always seen us as club free of bigotry. I think some of the anti Lennon bile is bigotry. It may also be a belief that he isn't all that great a manager...

I take exception to this 

I don’t want him at the club because he’s too closely associated with a club I loathe, he genuinely seems like an unstable guy, an average at best manager with absolutely zero temperament for when any kind of pressure starts to form 

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I'm not getting the noose out until after Lennon is appointed. Not so much the fact its him, its more the fact we've fucked about for months just to end up appointing someone that's been out of work for an age.

I'd need to see the reaction in this thread and on X.....then I might throw myself off the Kessock Bridge.

4 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Plenty of people had heard of Thelin, no one seriously thinks we can get Knutsen now, that ship sailed a couple of years back.

I don't get why we have to settle for someone like O'Neill, especially when he is on a massive wage and tied to a 4 year contract, the money makes the deal for a manager like him way worse.

He's a negative manager who hasn't done anything of note in club football for over 10 years, Stoke job was ok but nothing special at all, even his achievements with Northern Ireland were a long time ago and he benefitted from the tournament getting expanded.

I would also say that a move for him is us admitting that we got it wrong with our change in direction and we'll now be even further away from it as he is not the type of manager to come in and build something aligned with the clubs strategy (lol)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, NEM said:

😂

The football we played under Glass was eye bleeding shit.  

But you could tell the style of football he was trying to play, right? Like you aren't dense enough to think that just because the players were incapable of passing the ball properly that that was somehow one of Glass' instructions? Surely...

Literally every manager we've had since has been better backed with a support structure that's been more established and have played just as "eye-bleeding" football or, worryingly, worse.

• Dildo 1
16 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

I wonder what make someone less out of their depth....maybe another 10 years experience? Like what I specifically suggested?

People like to pretend we didn't play some good football under Glass, but we absolutely did at times, it was clear what he was trying to do he just didn't quite have the nouse or the players to pull it off.

Again. 5-10 years more experience and in a club structure that actually had a recruitment team in place, *a semi-competent Chairman and a DoF that wasn't literally the club secretary a few months prior and it would have been a very different story. 

Edit: *

The complete opposite is true IMO. People pretend we played good football but we were shocking. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

But you could tell the style of football he was trying to play, right? Like you aren't dense enough to think that just because the players were incapable of passing the ball properly that that was somehow one of Glass' instructions? Surely...

Literally every manager we've had since has been better backed with a support structure that's been more established and have played just as "eye-bleeding" football or, worryingly, worse.

Aye I could - try and bore the opposition to death passing the ball along the backline then leave both full backs miles up the park when we eventually get the ball forward and they counter.

😴

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Sirpento 7 posts since 2007

stuartyboy 40 posts since 2009

whats with the cunts Being on here for years not posting for all that time, suddenly posting, while slagging the site?. Game of billions the other day, now this?.

fuck off

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Plenty of people had heard of Thelin, no one seriously thinks we can get Knutsen now, that ship sailed a couple of years back.

I don't get why we have to settle for someone like O'Neill, especially when he is on a massive wage and tied to a 4 year contract, the money makes the deal for a manager like him way worse.

He's a negative manager who hasn't done anything of note in club football for over 10 years, Stoke job was ok but nothing special at all, even his achievements with Northern Ireland were a long time ago and he benefitted from the tournament getting expanded.

I would also say that a move for him is us admitting that we got it wrong with our change in direction and we'll now be even further away from it as he is not the type of manager to come in and build something aligned with the clubs strategy (lol)

I mean, I can't prove it but I highly doubt your claim that people had heard of Thelin. I like to think I'm in touch with football and I'd never heard of him until his name was in the Daily Record or whichever rag got that rumour going. The Knutsen ship was never in port, that was just bollocks made up by our chairman to get fans on side, let's be realistic. 

If it's not someone like O'Neill (whether it's O'Neill or not) then it's either going to be a young unproven manager, or a foreigner. I'm strongly against the young unproven manager as we've tried and failed with that experiment. I'm not against a foreign manager, I don't subscribe to the 'must know the Scottish game' theory. However, why the fuck would a foreign manager of any sort of standing join us? We are NOT an attractive club. 

3 minutes ago, sirpento said:

I'm not getting the noose out until after Lennon is appointed. Not so much the fact its him, its more the fact we've fucked about for months just to end up appointing someone that's been out of work for an age.

I'd need to see the reaction in this thread and on X.....then I might throw myself off the Kessock Bridge.

The reaction is what would keep me going. I'm warming to the idea. LennIN.

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The complete opposite is true IMO. People pretend we played good football but we were shocking. 

Once we were in the trenches it was pretty consistently bad, he didn't have the experience to deal with that. People pretty consistently pan him now but towards the end of his time in charge the most quoted phrase you could hear was "you can see what he's trying to do, but it's not working", personally I'd argue that's because he had to cobble together a team from people he knew of already because there was no recruitment team in place and we were being sussed out too easily by more experienced managers.

I think people are ignoring my main point, 10 more years experience and the current infrastructure around him and he does better than BR, JG and obviously Warnock.

Then again maybe BR in 10 years will be a hero, who knows.

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

whats with the cunts Being on here for years not posting for all that time, suddenly posting, while slagging the site?. Game of billions the other day, now this?.

fuck off

Stewart Milne has spelled his username wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

fuck off

Wash your mouth out, i never slagged the site.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Alex_14 said:

I mean, I can't prove it but I highly doubt your claim that people had heard of Thelin. I like to think I'm in touch with football and I'd never heard of him until his name was in the Daily Record or whichever rag got that rumour going. The Knutsen ship was never in port, that was just bollocks made up by our chairman to get fans on side, let's be realistic. 

If it's not someone like O'Neill (whether it's O'Neill or not) then it's either going to be a young unproven manager, or a foreigner. I'm strongly against the young unproven manager as we've tried and failed with that experiment. I'm not against a foreign manager, I don't subscribe to the 'must know the Scottish game' theory. However, why the fuck would a foreign manager of any sort of standing join us? We are NOT an attractive club. 

The reaction is what would keep me going. I'm warming to the idea. LennIN.

Thelin was rumoured for the job a year ago, so aye quite a lot of fans had heard of him.

I don't think Knutsen was ever a goer either but we can't help who fans say they would like.

If we are going experienced, we should get someone in who has experience of working in this structure, someone who has a history of promoting youth players and implementing their style of place whilst working under a DoF, technical director and working alongside a head of recruitment.

I realise the club are not a pull right now, it's even harder with several idiots in and around the club who put people off of taking the job but for me Michael O'Neill would be a poor appointment, especially when you take the cost into consideration.

42 minutes ago, NEM said:

Absolute shite - Glass was miles out of his depth.  The only reason he was appointed was because he is the chairmans mate.

You could at least see some evidence of coaching on the park. We played some decent but albeit fruitless football under Glass. Goodwin came in and there wasn't much of anything about his team. We looked terrible pretty quickly under him. Robson was trying to implement something and was so dogmatic about it to his own undoing and it ended up just looking like good old fashioned direct football. Perhaps Glass would have faired better with some of the players that subsequently came in. But aye, JET. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Type Thelin into the search bar for this forum... plenty mentions of him from different posters back in December, January and February, way before the Record published his name.

1 hour ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

I think I'm a bit more positive than a lot of the comments on here.

re: Cormack, mistakes have definitely been made, but he's backed the managers he has appointed and I fully anticipate him doing so again with whomever comes in. He has an ambition for the club which currently we are not achieving, but I like and support the ambition and will be happy to keep paying my (small contribution) to the club to help them deliver.

I have no idea who the new manager will be. I hope we get someone in who the players respect and who has some proven ability in organising and coaching. We should be a front foot attacking and dominant team in just about every game we play. We then need to be well organised and disciplined in certain key matches. I don't think we've consistently achieved this since Derek (and agree we didn't achieve this toward the end of his time).

Lennon - I don't get the hate. I believe in 'stand free'  and have always seen us as club free of bigotry. I think some of the anti Lennon bile is bigotry. It may also be a belief that he isn't all that great a manager...

O'Neil - I can't see any reason why that would be an obviously bad appointment. Every appointment is a risk. O'Neil has experience inside and outside Scotland and at various levels of the game.

Others - well... lets wait and see. I'll be supporting.

You're not Aberdeen. Absolutely no danger. 

31 minutes ago, minijc said:

It’s looking more and more like we will attempt to get anyone semi competent in the hot seat and forget about the strategy, which makes a mockery of a strategic review 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Type Thelin into the search bar for this forum... plenty mentions of him from different posters back in December, January and February, way before the Record published his name.

Aye and before we appointed Robson. Alongside Horneland,Bakke and Rosler. There was loads of names mentioned as we started to seek answers elsewhere. 

Thelin was in this forum long before Daily The Rangers got his name. Support nowadays are far more reaching than league 2 in England fir answers 

• Upvote 1

Derek Adams just posted the following on LinkedIn….

Coaching Staff Vacancies

I am going to be recruiting for a First-Team Football Coach, First-Team Fitness & Conditioning Coach and First-Team Tactical Analyst to add to my Backroom Team in preparation for my next managerial position. Further details to follow….

• Haha 6
3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye and before we appointed Robson. Alongside Horneland,Bakke and Rosler. There was loads of names mentioned as we started to seek answers elsewhere. 

Thelin was in this forum long before Daily The Rangers got his name. Support nowadays are far more reaching than league 2 in England fir answers 

I think most sports reporters actually gather their stories from forums such as this these days. Actual investigative journalism is a thing of the past. 

Just now, pittodriepie83 said:

Which would be fine but they’ve made a rod for their own back by making statements with timelines. International break is over, and they were still doing interviews yesterday. 

Agreed.....surely something has to be said before Leven faces the press tomorrow.