Next Manager

19 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I cant see the point if there is nothing to tell

The last statement we had from them over 2 weeks ago was...

“Clearly, the number one priority is the engagement of our new First-Team Manager.

“The Club, working with our partners, have compiled a shortlist with a combination of individuals we have identified that meet the key criteria we have agreed, and individuals that have expressed serious interest in the role.

“We plan to conduct a number of interviews this week and, in certain cases, seek permission to do so where managers are under contract elsewhere.

“Our aim is to appoint a First Team Manager during the upcoming international break. In the meantime, Peter Leven will continue in interim charge, assisted by Scott Anderson and Craig Samson.”

Even if we're not actually any further forward with an appointment it would still be a good idea for those in charge to provide an update. Even if it was just waffle stating that the process is taking longer than expected. The board have made a rod for their own backs with the previous statement and (maybe naively) the fans have been expecting progress on the matter before the Ross County game based on that statement. Silence from them againwill just prove even more that they don't care one little bit about the paying public.

1 hour ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

Lennon - I don't get the hate. I believe in 'stand free'  and have always seen us as club free of bigotry. I think some of the anti Lennon bile is bigotry. It may also be a belief that he isn't all that great a manager...

Absolute shite min. 

Apart from your misconception about the phrase stand free you've a cheek to accuse other folk of not wanting Lennon because of some perceived bigotry on your part that you can't back up, especially as the arsehole in question himself falsely accused Aberdeen fans of throwing missiles and sectarian abuse at him during the 2014 LCSF at Tynecastle.

I don't want him because he's a divisive, alky, tactically inept, minky looking shitebag who has a history of threatening women. Added to that he has achieved fuck all as a manager apart from when the odds were stacked heavily in his favour by having a budget dwarfing all other teams in the league combined. 

• Upvote 6
14 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

I think most sports reporters actually gather their stories from forums such as this these days. Actual investigative journalism is a thing of the past. 

They only investigate as far as getting click bait....stories are shite and all stuff we know. 

3 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Absolute shite min. 

Apart from your misconception about the phrase stand free you've a cheek to accuse other folk of not wanting Lennon because of some perceived bigotry on your part that you can't back up, especially as the arsehole in question himself falsely accused Aberdeen fans of throwing missiles and sectarian abuse at him during the 2014 LCSF at Tynecastle.

I don't want him because he's a divisive, alky, tactically inept, minky looking shitebag who has a history of threatening women. Added to that he has achieved fuck all as a manager apart from when the odds were stacked heavily in his favour by having a budget dwarfing all other teams in the league combined. 

I think it would be the right fit and is potential at this stage.

Why?

Cause I think we have to sink lower for Cormack to fuck off.

53 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I take exception to this 

I don’t want him at the club because he’s too closely associated with a club I loathe, he genuinely seems like an unstable guy, an average at best manager with absolutely zero temperament for when any kind of pressure starts to form 

Fair enough - by no means is all the dislike of Lennon bigotry and apologies if you thought that was what I meant. I meant that I think some of it is, and that stuff I don't warm too. Lennon wouldn't be my first choice of manager either. But I do like the fact he has said he'd be interested, and if it does end up being him, he'd have my full support.

I'm no massive fan of the Old Firm, but the best manager we've had in recent memory was closely associated with them. The best manager we've ever had was too. One of my favourite players for us was Jim Bett. I was pretty chuffed when we signed Scott Brown (not everything works out... :))

47 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Sirpento 7 posts since 2007

stuartyboy 40 posts since 2009

whats with the cunts Being on here for years not posting for all that time, suddenly posting, while slagging the site?. Game of billions the other day, now this?.

fuck off

I think I've been here even longer, probably 20 years or so, I've seen all the characters come and go, I don't post either because it's just a bunch of childish lunatics on here 😂 several people posting stuff like they actually know what's happening then 99% of the time it's absolute shite. Honestly, what's going on in their lives that they just want to pretend that the know what's happening in a football club 🤦 Mini, I believe you get info, I actually know who you are from growing up where we did, know your sister as well, anyway yeah I'll probably post again in another 5 years 👍

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I think it would be the right fit and is potential at this stage.

Why?

Cause I think we have to sink lower for Cormack to fuck off.

DNA is already getting fucked off, would have serious consideration to packing in the ST and just picking games for the day oot and catch up with pals if that mutant was appointed. 

43 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

We were top of the possession and shots on goal league table that year.

Granted we were shit at turning these high stats into goals. 

Precisely.

That style of play but our more recent recruitment? That would be an actual decent team.

1 minute ago, VinegarStrokes said:

DNA is already getting fucked off, would have serious consideration to packing in the ST and just picking games for the day oot and catch up with pals if that mutant was appointed. 

I'd probably go more when lennon is appointed. It would be toxic.

I'd probably go in the main stand to witness the faces of the board when they witness it fall apart cause THEY are the problem.

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

You could at least see some evidence of coaching on the park. We played some decent but albeit fruitless football under Glass. Goodwin came in and there wasn't much of anything about his team. We looked terrible pretty quickly under him. Robson was trying to implement something and was so dogmatic about it to his own undoing and it ended up just looking like good old fashioned direct football. Perhaps Glass would have faired better with some of the players that subsequently came in. But aye, JET. 

Goodwins first full season the football up until Christmas was far better than anything the chairmans pet produced.  

Albeit the wheels came off pretty spectacularly after the world cup break (arrogant cunt fall out with half the squad in Atlanta?)

2 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Thousands of others would be in that same boat with you and that's psrt of the reason he won't be our next manager. Cormack isn't that daft.

It would be a suicidal appointment. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

Fair enough - by no means is all the dislike of Lennon bigotry and apologies if you thought that was what I meant. I meant that I think some of it is, and that stuff I don't warm too. Lennon wouldn't be my first choice of manager either. But I do like the fact he has said he'd be interested, and if it does end up being him, he'd have my full support.

I'm no massive fan of the Old Firm, but the best manager we've had in recent memory was closely associated with them. The best manager we've ever had was too. One of my favourite players for us was Jim Bett. I was pretty chuffed when we signed Scott Brown (not everything works out... :))

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t hate Lennon because of his religion or his obvious allegiances to Celtic. 

i don’t really care about that. 

I just think he’s an abhorrent human being, a woman beater, an alcy, mentally unstable, and importantly not a very good manager if you remove the easy run he had as Celtic manager

He falls out with anyone & everyone & takes no responsibility of his own.

I think he might do ok initially, but in the medium-term it would be toxic.

Avoid at all costs. 

24 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Absolute shite min. 

I agree with your post, however for clarity Lennon stated that the alleged abuse at Tynecastle was not sectarian in nature. 

I think it was the press that tried to paint it as such and he corrected them.

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I agree with your post, however for clarity Lennon stated that the alleged abuse at Tynecastle was not sectarian in nature. 

Chic Young was the person who suggested to Lennon that the abuse was sectarian

2 hours ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

I think I'm a bit more positive than a lot of the comments on here.

re: Cormack, mistakes have definitely been made, but he's backed the managers he has appointed and I fully anticipate him doing so again with whomever comes in. He has an ambition for the club which currently we are not achieving, but I like and support the ambition and will be happy to keep paying my (small contribution) to the club to help them deliver.

I have no idea who the new manager will be. I hope we get someone in who the players respect and who has some proven ability in organising and coaching. We should be a front foot attacking and dominant team in just about every game we play. We then need to be well organised and disciplined in certain key matches. I don't think we've consistently achieved this since Derek (and agree we didn't achieve this toward the end of his time).

Lennon - I don't get the hate. I believe in 'stand free'  and have always seen us as club free of bigotry. I think some of the anti Lennon bile is bigotry. It may also be a belief that he isn't all that great a manager...

O'Neil - I can't see any reason why that would be an obviously bad appointment. Every appointment is a risk. O'Neil has experience inside and outside Scotland and at various levels of the game.

Others - well... lets wait and see. I'll be supporting.

How much crack cocaine have you smoked henry? 

Positivity and AFC chat go like, the loss of the whaling ship Oscar off of Girdleness. 

Just not acceptable behaviour. Booooo.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I'll take your word for that but I've never read that at the time or since.

I do remember he came out in the days after that happened and gave a sob story to the assorted weegie press pack as this being another example of him being persecuted in Scotland and why he may have to leave his job and as a consequence that lumped us in with the Hun scum and Wannabe Mini Hun scum. 

There's been multiple posters on here who have said they witnessed first hand what happened at Tynecastle and their story is completely different to what was reported.

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t hate Lennon because of his religion or his obvious allegiances to Celtic. 

i don’t really care about that. 

I just think he’s an abhorrent human being, a woman beater, an alcy, mentally unstable, and importantly not a very good manager if you remove the easy run he had as Celtic manager

He falls out with anyone & everyone & takes no responsibility of his own.

I think he might do ok initially, but in the medium-term it would be toxic.

Avoid at all costs. 

Even if you ignore his horrendous personality and focus solely on his footballing achievements - I've no idea how people can look at what he's achieved in his managerial career outside of Celtic and think he'd be a good fit here

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

I think I'm a bit more positive than a lot of the comments on here.

re: Cormack, mistakes have definitely been made, but he's backed the managers he has appointed and I fully anticipate him doing so again with whomever comes in. He has an ambition for the club which currently we are not achieving, but I like and support the ambition and will be happy to keep paying my (small contribution) to the club to help them deliver.

I have no idea who the new manager will be. I hope we get someone in who the players respect and who has some proven ability in organising and coaching. We should be a front foot attacking and dominant team in just about every game we play. We then need to be well organised and disciplined in certain key matches. I don't think we've consistently achieved this since Derek (and agree we didn't achieve this toward the end of his time).

O'Neil - I can't see any reason why that would be an obviously bad appointment. Every appointment is a risk. O'Neil has experience inside and outside Scotland and at various levels of the game.

Others - well... lets wait and see. I'll be supporting.

If you're not aware of this you soon will be. This post will be shot at by the doom mongers on here. There are about ten of them but the have about forty profiles between them. Anything reasonable that resembles the majority view gets spat at. I like your calm and reasonable view. The vast majority of fans I know think Cormack has made mistakes but given it his all. They also think Lennon would be a good choice. But the few rotten apples have an impact on public perception. We would be better off banning them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 8
2 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

If you're not aware of this you soon will be. This post will be shot at by the doom mongers on here. There are about ten of them but the have about forty profiles between them. Anything reasonable that resembles the majority view gets spat at. I like your calm and reasonable view. The vast majority of fans I know think Cormack has made mistakes but given it his all. They also think Lennon would be a good choice. But the few rotten apples have an impact on public perception. We would be better off banning them.

Tha majority view??? 🤣😂

10 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Even if you ignore his horrendous personality and focus solely on his footballing achievements - I've no idea how people can look at what he's achieved in his managerial career outside of Celtic and think he'd be a good fit here

That is the only reason I'm not wanting him. I don't rate him. 

It so sad to see where we are viewed now 

any half decent manager does not appear to see us a viable option , the rumours of interference just don’t go away and that for certain does not enhance our attractiveness 

IF it is to be Lennon 2 year contract with a 1 year rolling extensions thereafter ,couldn’t see him being here much more than that anyway and wouldn’t have an outrageous cost when he has invariably fallen out of favour 

on reading the O’Neil interview he seemed to allude to the notion that some in charge in clubs need to be saved from themselves , Dave certainly fits this and I will be surprised if he is appointed 

However we do require to get someone in or the potential of a calamitous relegation is a distinct possibility 

Maybe I need to be saved from myself as well , purchase made for the semi final and Ross county game 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Come away Davie min. Issue a statement for the love of god. The fans deserve to know at what stage the hunt for a red manager is at. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Ive seen some shite in this thread and somehow this is near the top 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 6
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Aye I could - try and bore the opposition to death passing the ball along the backline then leave both full backs miles up the park when we eventually get the ball forward and they counter.

😴

The classic over the top diagonal ball to expose our defence every time yet he failed to recognise or address it. 

Horrendous appointment and manager. All on Mr C though. I would have taken the job if offered so I can't blame him for taking it.

18 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Agree 100%

It would be an act of utter desperation from an incompetent Board.