Next Manager

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Is the general consensus that we've tried to get Michael O'Neil, Alex Neil, and a couple of the foreign guys and they've all turned us down, so we're now likely to appoint the likes of Neil Lennon, Paul Lambert etc who we could have got ages ago if they were anywhere near our first choice?

Some situation to be in.  

That's what I reckon - we've tried to attract someone from outside of the Scottish game with a bit of rep/experience and they've all knocked us back so now we're having to look at the usual SPFL managerial merry-go-round and sifting through the pile of crank applications that were destined for the shredder. 

18 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

He owns the club, what is your plan if he makes more mistakes than you think is acceptable....politely ask him to sell?

I quoted a supporter to ask what their own personal threshold was, see if we can truly gauge what they call a majority view, and hopefully they will answer with an answer and not a question.  If you want to answer with an answer rather than a question I'll engage with you. Until then I'll refer you to my other points previously made on the matter, they're not difficult to find.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Is the general consensus that we've tried to get Michael O'Neil, Alex Neil, and a couple of the foreign guys and they've all turned us down, so we're now likely to appoint the likes of Neil Lennon, Paul Lambert etc who we could have got ages ago if they were anywhere near our first choice?

Some situation to be in.  

Not sure that’s correct. I thought the rejections were all foreign names. 

17 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

That's what I reckon - we've tried to attract someone from outside of the Scottish game with a bit of rep/experience and they've all knocked us back so now we're having to look at the usual SPFL managerial merry-go-round and sifting through the pile of crank applications that were destined for the shredder. 

I believe we still have someone on shortlist that dosnt match that criteria. 

29 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I quoted a supporter to ask what their own personal threshold was, see if we can truly gauge what they call a majority view, and hopefully they will answer with an answer and not a question.  If you want to answer with an answer rather than a question I'll engage with you. Until then I'll refer you to my other points previously made on the matter, they're not difficult to find.

It was an entirely futile question. Cormack may well be a useless prick but he is going nowhere.

5 minutes ago, ab24_5qh said:

It was an entirely futile question. Cormack may well be a useless prick but he is going nowhere.

Is that a fact?

Ah well, that's us fucked then.

Perpetual spiralling decline incoming (continuing).

How low that fucktard gluepot can take us is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Genuine question: Do you think his all has been enough?

If no, then for you, how many more mistakes is he allowed and how will you measure when "his all" will be good enough?

If yes, and I'd like to think it won't be a yes, but if yes, then in my view, you and the "majority" don't have a sporting mentality and you have the club you deserve.

I don't think the question was directed at me but it is interesting (off topic for this thread, but frankly...)

I agree this is a somewhat futile discussion, he majority owns etc. But beyond that the answer is he is doing enough to have my support.

I want to see a team that on a consistent basis wins more than they lose, that competes at the top end of the table, that plays regularly in Europe, that challenges for (and wins) cups, that represents Aberdeen well, and that I can be proud of. I think he is absolutely trying to deliver this and in some areas achieving, but with much work to do.

Of course he has made mistakes. But I am pretty tolerant of mistakes, you are not going to achieve an ambitious plan without mistakes along the way. And I'm all for people who recognise their mistakes and then try and learn from them and improve. I don't know Cormack at all, and I have no knowledge of the inner workings of AFC, so I cannot say whether he has learned from his errors or not. Brining in an external consultancy suggests to me he probably has, it certainly suggests a willingness to learn from experts, I really hope we all see benefits of this in the coming seasons. 

I support another club where we've had several changes in ownership in recent seasons. The inconsistency this has brought has been disastrous. There is no long term, realistic view of what the club want to achieve. Has Cormack's best been good enough? Well he hasn't achieved his objectives yet, but I'd take him and his efforts over what I see at my other club!

Interesting question/debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
7 minutes ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

I don't think the question was directed at me but it is interesting (off topic for this thread, but frankly...)

I agree this is a somewhat futile discussion, he majority owns etc. But beyond that the answer is he is doing enough to have my support.

I want to see a team that on a consistent basis wins more than they lose, that competes at the top end of the table, that plays regularly in Europe, that challenges for (and wins) cups, that represents Aberdeen well, and that I can be proud of. I think he is absolutely trying to deliver this and in some areas achieving, but with much work to do.

Of course he has made mistakes. But I am pretty tolerant of mistakes, you are not going to achieve an ambitious plan without mistakes along the way. And I'm all for people who recognise their mistakes and then try and learn from them and improve. I don't know Cormack at all, and I have no knowledge of the inner workings of AFC, so I cannot say whether he has learned from his errors or not. Brining in an external consultancy suggests to me he probably has, it certainly suggests a willingness to learn from experts, I really hope we all see benefits of this in the coming seasons. 

I support another club where we've had several changes in ownership in recent seasons. The inconsistency this has brought has been disastrous. There is no long term, realistic view of what the club want to achieve. Has Cormack's best been good enough? Well he hasn't achieved his objectives yet, but I'd take him and his efforts over what I see at my other club!

His plan of succession for McInnes and subsequent incumbents suggests he has learned sweet Fanny Adams. 

I am still to see any substance and findings of this external consultancy report therefore I'm not sure if we will ever know if he's taken anything out if it or learned anything. Although rumour has it Rosler was recommended by this consultancy firm and dismissed by Cormack. Since this thread is made up of 99.9% rumour I may as well bring that out. 

Time will tell but I have very little confidence of sweeping change.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

What's this other club Shite? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I like the fact that we're taking so long to appoint the new manager. Must mean that they're being thorough in exploring for - and finding - the best possible candidate.

The sarcasm is rife in this one. 😅