Next Manager

1 hour ago, NoHenryIts3 said:

I don't think the question was directed at me but it is interesting (off topic for this thread, but frankly...)

I agree this is a somewhat futile discussion, he majority owns etc. But beyond that the answer is he is doing enough to have my support.

I want to see a team that on a consistent basis wins more than they lose, that competes at the top end of the table, that plays regularly in Europe, that challenges for (and wins) cups, that represents Aberdeen well, and that I can be proud of. I think he is absolutely trying to deliver this and in some areas achieving, but with much work to do.

Of course he has made mistakes. But I am pretty tolerant of mistakes, you are not going to achieve an ambitious plan without mistakes along the way. And I'm all for people who recognise their mistakes and then try and learn from them and improve. I don't know Cormack at all, and I have no knowledge of the inner workings of AFC, so I cannot say whether he has learned from his errors or not. Brining in an external consultancy suggests to me he probably has, it certainly suggests a willingness to learn from experts, I really hope we all see benefits of this in the coming seasons. 

I support another club where we've had several changes in ownership in recent seasons. The inconsistency this has brought has been disastrous. There is no long term, realistic view of what the club want to achieve. Has Cormack's best been good enough? Well he hasn't achieved his objectives yet, but I'd take him and his efforts over what I see at my other club!

Interesting question/debate.

Again, great post. Once he cracks getting the right manager in - which by far most clubs now struggle to do these days (just look at longest serving manager lists)  - then the great work being done off the park will start to get recognised more. All the right things getting done by a progressive club, just need the on-field catalyst!

20 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Again, great post. Once he cracks getting the right manager in - which by far most clubs now struggle to do these days (just look at longest serving manager lists)  - then the great work being done off the park will start to get recognised more. All the right things getting done by a progressive club, just need the on-field catalyst!

He’s had 3 attempts at getting the right manager in and failed miserably each time… no faith that the shiny toothed egomaniac will get it right the 4th time. He may be a fan and he may have good intentions but he’s royally fucked the club up. If he wants to start getting the fans onside then start by sacking Gunn and getting a proper DOF in.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm sure Cormacks heart is in the right place but he quite clearly has an ego and he quite clearly thinks he's way smarter than he actually is when it comes to football and that is what is causing a lot of our problems.

I’d love to know if all these rejections are making him realise he just might be part of the problem, or if he just thinks it’s everyone else who’s the problem. 

5 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I’d love to know if all these rejections are making him realise he just might be part of the problem, or if he just thinks it’s everyone else who’s the problem. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he's left gunn and Burrows to do the interviews,  so he can blame them.

12 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The latter, you’d have to think 

Definitely the latter.

He's a complete egomaniac.

Someone somehow needs to get him to take a step back before he does irrevocable damage to the club

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Stuarty Duff?

48 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Who in their right mind would ditch a good job to join a team that's in a relegation dog fight and that could be playing in the Scottish Championship next season?  Rushing someone in now just reeks of desperation.  Feels like, whoever it is, it'll end up being another big mistake.

We'd surely be better off leaving it to Leven to steer us to safety and then getting a shot at a better candidate over the summer (as appeared to be the stradagee before this Warnock walking out shambles).

In all seriousness, the board should be taking their time to make the right appointment. If we could get an experienced head in there for the interim to just get these players going and give the team a boost, that should allow the board to get the right man for the job.

Are you with me?