Next Manager

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Fantastic opportunity for an average level (or even below average) SPFL level manager to seriously boost his managerial credentials by bumping up his win percentage stats in the championship with Aberdeen & a huge ‘comparative’ budget over the rest.

Ffs even Goodwin has recovered his win percentage stats up to nearly 50% this season & boosted his overall stats by about 2-3% overall by just one season in championship with best budget.

thats the spirit. could win the league next year

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Tonight's whatsapp message is............

TONY DOC

Is that because he said today that survival was foremost in his mind this season but with top 6 still ‘available’ 🤔

Cant be Dundee he’s talking about as they’re already’safe’ 

55 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Is that the word on the street in the States?

No from my uncle who still lives in the North East and knows staff at AFC. 

I have a bunch of family in Atlanta who are very close to Dave Cormack too, but they wouldn't tell me if Dave told them anything. I've met him 3-5 times while visiting them.  Nice bloke.

1 minute ago, AmericanRed said:

No from my Uncle who still lives in the North East and knows staff at AFC. 

I have a bunch of family in Atlanta who are very close to Dave Cormack too, but they wouldn't tell me if Dave told them anything. I've met him 3-5 times while visiting them.  Nice bloke.

Jesus wept here's another one. They've fair been out in force today 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Jesus wept here's another one. They've fair been out in force today 😂

haven't bothered to read page after page in this thread.  I jumped in saw that post and figured I would contribute what I've been told. No wind up, if i was the wind up type I would be posting more often. 

Was just chatting with my uncle the other day about it and I mentioned Neil Lennon and he said he was never considered (maybe not seriously).  Asked him how he knew and told me he knows staff at the club.  He is involved with the Peterhead set up and wouldn't be surprised if he knows a few people at a few clubs.  I live 5000 miles from him so i don't really badger him for info.

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, davierobb said:

I am hearing Ryan Jack as player manager announced 10 am tomorrow.

After a long process we decided Ryan Jack was the outstanding candidate*

* only other candidate was Neil Lennon

27 minutes ago, dave_min said:

All I’m hearing is an echo chamber…

That figures Dave , reason being there’s nothing between your ears.

That’s the reason your club is in shit street.   Now take your teeth out put them in a glass of water by your bed, and piss off and go to sleep just like you have being doing for a couple of months now. 

• Dildo 1
Just now, shooftahmooftah said:

That figures Dave , reason being there’s nothing between your ears.

That’s the reason your club is in shit street.   Now take your teeth out put them in a glass of water by your bed, and piss off and go to sleep just like you have being doing for a couple of months now. 

Coming from you thats a huge insult

6 hours ago, minijc said:

I'm sure Cormacks heart is in the right place but he quite clearly has an ego and he quite clearly thinks he's way smarter than he actually is when it comes to football and that is what is causing a lot of our problems.

Football is a simple sport, you put good people with a track record of doing well in the right positions and let them work, right now it appears that he doesn't let people do their work.

I read Carlo Ancelotti's Quiet Leadership: Winning Hearts, Minds and Matches when it came out ( I don't usually read many sports books) and have always remembered his basic philosophy was to have solid pros in your team and let them get on with it.  Obviously he is at the peak, but the principle was that no matter the level you are at the players/staff know what to do on the pitch, the manager's job was to encourage them to make correct decisions and offer small corrections/aids to their game.

A few years later, when he took the Everton job he turned Dominic Calvert-Lewin from a very average player into a top striker.  Calvert-Lewin said the advise he got was simply, "stop taking so many touches in the box, hit it first time".  Queue his best season.

Pass and move, get to the bye line are still enough to win most matches.

• Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, G31DON said:

I read Carlo Ancelotti's Quiet Leadership: Winning Hearts, Minds and Matches when it came out ( I don't usually read many sports books) and have always remembered his basic philosophy was to have solid pros in your team and let them get on with it.  Obviously he is at the peak, but the principle was that no matter the level you are at the players/staff know what to do on the pitch, the manager's job was to encourage them to make correct decisions and offer small corrections/aids to their game.

A few years later, when he took the Everton job he turned Dominic Calvert-Lewin from a very average player into a top striker.  Calvert-Lewin said the advise he got was simply, "stop taking so many touches in the box, hit it first time".  Queue his best season.

Pass and move, get to the bye line are still enough to win most matches.

To be fair Steve Tosh says this every time he's on commentary.

• Haha 1