Next Manager

7 hours ago, G31DON said:

I read Carlo Ancelotti's Quiet Leadership: Winning Hearts, Minds and Matches when it came out ( I don't usually read many sports books) and have always remembered his basic philosophy was to have solid pros in your team and let them get on with it.  Obviously he is at the peak, but the principle was that no matter the level you are at the players/staff know what to do on the pitch, the manager's job was to encourage them to make correct decisions and offer small corrections/aids to their game.

A few years later, when he took the Everton job he turned Dominic Calvert-Lewin from a very average player into a top striker.  Calvert-Lewin said the advise he got was simply, "stop taking so many touches in the box, hit it first time".  Queue his best season.

Pass and move, get to the bye line are still enough to win most matches.

What did he ever win with that cockamamie philosophy. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Right, new day, new rumours, same shite. 

Well at least we’ll be “forced” to hear some sort of official update from the club, as presumably we’ll have the pre-match Ross County press conference.

It’ll be a poor show from the club though if they just shove Leven in to field the inevitable questions. 
Unfair on him & he’ll be so guarded in what he says, or is told to say. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’ll be a poor show from the club though if they just shove Leven in to field the inevitable questions. 
Unfair on him & he’ll be so guarded in what he says, or is told to say. 

I think Leven handles the press quite well but you can see he doesn’t like it.

That’s probably the kiss of death 😅

• Upvote 1
Just now, C'monEweReds said:

I'm getting clean from all this manager shit, chucking it. First step is admitting I have a problem

Snap.

Iv refreshed this page way too much over last week or two.

Maybe that's the clubs plan. Scunner the fans until they don't care then appoint another inept and uninspiring manager!

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the club delay the traditional pre match presser by a day, see if O’Neil caves in 

Maybe if we offer O'Neil a nice limousine to be driven about the town in with a free bar in the back it could swing it. Gunner could be driver. 

Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

Well it isn't totally implausible given the time difference between Aberdeen and Atlantis. 

Mindboggling that some people wake up in the morning and their first thoughts are whether we've appointed a new manager (or sacked an existing one). 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mindboggling that some people wake up in the morning and their first thoughts are whether we've appointed a new manager (or sacked an existing one). 

Haven’t you done the same? 

Just now, Durrant Dived said:

Nothing in the Scottish gossip column about us. Would expect a journalist to pick up on something if an announcement was imminent.

Have the day off lads.

They don't care about Aberdeen as much as we do. I actually find it heartening as it points to the appointment not being a Scottish based manager. If it was they'd have heard about it. Glasgow is a goldfish bowl. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do folk expect there to be an announcement between them going to bed and getting up in the morning? 

If the club were to appoint Lennon I'd expect them to announce it at the most inconvenient time then delete the post and just hope nobody saw it. 

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I have to say it's a poor show from the hierarchy  if they lumber Leven with having to fend off the inevitable  interrogation 

Would't expect anything less from them considering their lack of communication and transparency over the past 3 or 4 months.

5 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Once upon a time a football club chairman walked into a nightclub flashing his teeth at everyone who looked in his direction...

He makes a beeline for the expensive looking Irish bird who's there with her husband... she strings him along while the husbands gone to the toilet, he buys her a drink, but the husband returns and so he slopes off into the shadows hoping she'll somehow decide to leave her bloke for him.

Meanwhile, he spots a couple of sophisticated foreign ladies who are clearly out of his league. He swaggers over to them and introduces himself, flashing his teeth and wallet in their direction. They introduce themselves, but he can't pronounce their names right, and he proceeds to make a complete fool of himself trying to chat them up via google translate. They laugh and walk away.

He then heads for the bar to drown his sorrows. There he bumps into a couple of other local burds who are regulars there - they're familiar with nightclub having been spent a lot of time there in recent years. He could probably pull them if he bought them enough drinks, but they're a bit boring, and the last time he hooked up with someone like this it didn't end well. 

As the night draws to a close and the doors are about to be shut, he heads for the exit. Waiting there is a fat little ginger slapper who's been putting herself about looking for action all night without success. He knows that his mates will laugh at him if he goes home with her and he'll possibly pick up some kind of embarrassing disease, but he doesn't want to go home empty handed. The expensive looking Irish bird gives him a wink as she walks out with her husband, filling him with hope that maybe he can still land her somehow. The sophisticated foreign ladies seem nothing more than a dream as they elegantly drift off into the night. The local ladies give him a wave as they head home. Only the fat little ginge remains... will he take her home? Will he make an embarrasingly desparate attempt to catch up with the expensive looking Irish girl and get his head kicked in? Will he settle for the boring local birds? To be continued...

That is amazing. 

To be honest, I think you have pretty much written a better press release than the one we will likely see drop from the club soon enough.