Next Manager

I'm no PR professional and note that weve got Ogilivie, Burrows and others that are.

I'd say admitting weve got one candidate weve identified as the man and we hope to appoint him is totally unnecessary and just waiting for that to explode in your face.

If it ends up being Leven, anyone out of work or anyone that becomes out of work soon then there is no way we can say they were the outstanding candidate, first choice or anything like that

Just watched the full video. Need to watch it again, but an awful lot of rambling and not really saying anything. Looks to be a Zoe Ogilvie PR special. 

Nothing that was said, was what we hadn’t worked out already. 

Burrows goes on about how it’s an attractive club… but it’s really not in all honesty. A two horse run league, nearly impossible to win trophies, 3rd and scottish cup may not give group stage football next season, currently in a relegation battle, no technical director yet, Cormack and the FMB not fit to run a club and pulled the trigger on 4 managers in 4 years. 

He mentions a lot of success in the club, and i agree that youth wise and community wise, good things do happen. But at the end of the day, i couldn’t really give a fuck. What matters is the club getting results on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

Just watched the full video. Need to watch it again, but an awful lot of rambling and not really saying anything. Looks to be a Zoe Ogilvie PR special. 

Nothing that was said, was what we hadn’t worked out already. 

Burrows goes on about how it’s an attractive club… but it’s really not in all honesty. A two horse run league, nearly impossible to win trophies, 3rd and scottish cup may not give group stage football next season, currently in a relegation battle, no technical director yet, Cormack and the FMB not fit to run a club and pulled the trigger on 4 managers in 4 years. 

He mentions a lot of success in the club, and i agree that youth wise and community wise, good things do happen. But at the end of the day, i couldn’t really give a fuck. What matters is the club getting results on the pitch. 

To be fair, he did acknowledge that twice.

I’m not sure what else he could say on that interview.  
Clearly the club thought the timescale given was going to be met by a yes from someone, & that person got cold feet. 

My take on it: 

- We’ve been turned down by a couple, guesswork & supposition, but Alex Neil & Jimmy Thelin? 

- We’re waiting on 1 to say yes, probably Michael O’Neill

- it won’t be Neil Lennon 😁

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I thought Mal came out of it well, asking the right questions but the answers were just long winded re-hashes of what we already know.

To be fair (& I’ve been vocal in criticising the Board), what else could he say, when it’ seems clear there’s an offer out to someone who’s still to give an answer? 

• Like 1

Exactly what everyone expected really isn't it. 

I don't blame Burrows for this shambles, he is still fairly new to the club and this was an ongoing mess before he even signed up. Unfortunately for him he's now in the middle of it though and has to prove his worth now. But by no means is this his fault, the damage was done.

On a personal level it's no secret he's had a hard time since he was appointed, says a lot about his character the way he has managed to crack on.

He may be the messenger at this point, but don't forget the man at the top who is completely responsible. Hiding behind your staff isn't a great look.

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I thought Mal came out of it well, asking the right questions but the answers were just long winded re-hashes of what we already know.

Asked the questions he was told to ask and they'd rehearsed. Little bit of aggressive questioning to try and appease us

1 minute ago, C'monEweReds said:

Exactly what everyone expected really isn't it. 

I don't blame Burrows for this shambles, he is still fairly new to the club and this was an ongoing mess before he even signed up. Unfortunately for him he's now in the middle of it though and has to prove his worth now. But by no means is this his fault, the damage was done.

On a personal level it's no secret he's had a hard time since he was appointed, says a lot about his character the way he has managed to crack on.

He may be the messenger at this point, but don't forget the man at the top who is completely responsible. Hiding behind your staff isn't a great look.

He was appointed to be in charge of day to day stuff hence he's the messenger

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

3rd and scottish cup may not give group stage football next season

Scotland will be ranked either 10th or 11th next season so cup winner or 3rd will guarantee group stage in the 2025/26 tournaments.

But this most likely won't be the case for the 2025/26 SPFL season as we are 16th as it stands and would need to outperform the Israeli, Norwegian, Austrian, Swiss & Danish teams next season to get back into the top 12.

Just now, RDS said:

Asked the questions he was told to ask and they'd rehearsed. Little bit of aggressive questioning to try and appease us

At least the question being asked were the ones that the fans want asked.

Mal for Technical Director anyone? He's probably ready for the step up.