Next Manager

7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

"

April 10, 2024, 1:34 p.m
I really can't understand what it is about Aberdeen that attracts? A bottom club in a league that is no better than ours. Terrible weather/climate. Horrible food culture. Not very much better paid? Insecure employment (coaches are rolling on a conveyor belt there). Have a hard time imagining that Jimmy would be an incredibly big whiskey fan, which might outweigh everything else? Would have understood if something happened with Sunderland, for example. But Aberdeen!?
."

The biggest match ever held in Sweden was won by Aberdeen. And the weather was shite that night.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

"

I really can't understand what it is about Aberdeen that attracts? A bottom club in a league that is no better than ours. Terrible weather/climate. Horrible food culture. Not very much better paid? Insecure employment (coaches are rolling on a conveyor belt there). Have a hard time imagining that Jimmy would be an incredibly big whiskey fan, which might outweigh everything else? Would have understood if something happened with Sunderland, for example. But Aberdeen!?
."

The most offensive part of that is the spelling of whisky. 
The rest of it is fairly accurate 

17 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

"

."

What the fuck does a Swede know about food?

33 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

This bit is interesting, I wonder if they're losing Svensson (their sporting director) as well.

The report states that Elfsborg are “working on an agreement” to bring in a new coaching team of Oscar Hiljemark, who is currently head coach of Aalborg in Denmark, and current Swedish FA technical director, Peter Wettergren, 56.

Edit: nah.  Wettergren is a long time assistant, including a good spell at Elfsborg.

On paper this seems like it would be a great appointment however I feel we may need to give him a chance to implement his style and get his style of players.

Something that pisses me off is when pundits say we as dons fans are too quick to jump onto the throat of our managers. They clearly haven't watched us. I could accept our position slightly more if you could see some sort of style or signs that we are starting to go somewhere but it's just been clueless from top to bottom. 

One managers players don't suit the next managers style so.we overhaul then repeat and to be fair I could see that happening again this summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

"

."

True but cheeky bastards 🤔

1 minute ago, Turra red said:

On paper this seems like it would be a great appointment however I feel we may need to give him a chance to implement his style and get his style of players.

Something that pisses me off is when pundits say we as dons fans are too quick to jump onto the throat of our managers. They clearly haven't watched us. I could accept our position slightly more if you could see some sort of style or signs that we are starting to go somewhere but it's just been clueless from top to bottom. 

One managers players don't suit the next managers style so.we overhaul then repeat and to be fair I could see that happening again this summer.

Exactly, the average league position when Robson, Goodwin and Glass was sacked was probably about 8th or 9th with all signs showing at the time that things were going to get worst (possible exception of Glass if he had all the resources available to Robson especially)

27 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

This bit is interesting, I wonder if they're losing Svensson (their sporting director) as well.

The report states that Elfsborg are “working on an agreement” to bring in a new coaching team of Oscar Hiljemark, who is currently head coach of Aalborg in Denmark, and current Swedish FA technical director, Peter Wettergren, 56.

Could explain the length of time it’s taking to get things in place.

56 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

"

."

He sounds a bit bitter....

24 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Are we sure this ain’t some middle aged vibesman who’ll show up for a press conference in Stone Island sweaters?

Far better than when Robson ditched the Aberdeen clothing to copy Arteta and wear a wee Ubr jacket.