RMS or RMG ?

Robson Must Stay or Robson Must Go ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Robson Must Stay or Robson Must Go ?

It's pretty clear he's way out of his depth. He certainly can't cope with 2 games a week and after today and particularly not making any changes at HT I can see where this is going to end and it's not pretty... If he makes it to Christmas I'll be surprised but I just can't see the run in December ending well..

So Robson must stay or Robson must go ?

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Ebbe's first 4 fixtures against Celtic ended up 23-1 on aggregate.... Robson is 18-1 so yeah Ebbe was worse. Robson has a better squad than Ebbe had at the time though.

I mean it's hardly the greatest barometer for failure is it... "Just how many goals is it acceptable to be beaten by Celtic in your first 4 games as manager...?" 

Both polls tracking around 90% of fans wanting Robson out.

Now, to be fair, The Hat is admittedly a toxic cess pit of seething hatred... so getting a fair appraisal at the hands of this board's residents is probably not something you could reliably expect to happen... but the league don't lie, son.

2 points off bottom in November is not sterling work on the part of this manager.

If We're bottom six at Christmas, having spent more money than anyone outside of Celtic and Sevco, with a team that Robson has for the most part assembled himself, then it's probably time to take him up to the roof of the Dick End and fire him aff it. 

We are a complete and utter basket case of a club. 

This has been the case ever since Willie Miller was sacked in February 1995.

A few ups, but far, far more downs along the way since then plus several false periods of hope, only to be left deflated time and time again by the team and our club 

It's no surprise we have been on such a volatile journey since then as upon the sad passing of Dick Donald on Hogmanay 1993, the results and performances speak volumes of how badly our club has been run thereafter. 

Apart from the era when George Yule (a man of great humility, integrity, and with the genuine best interests of our club and supporters at heart) was on-board when the performances and results were very good (some were excellent), either side of his tenure we've been incredibly unstable, weak, and, quite frankly, woeful.

That's what happens when you don't have proper football people on the board but instead have egotistical mice who couldn't care less about our club, or, if they do, they don't know how to fucking run it, regardless of how successful they've been in other business ventures.

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We are a complete and utter basket case of a club. 

This has been the case ever since Willie Miller was sacked in February 1995.

A few ups, but far, far more downs along the way since then plus several false periods of hope, only to be left deflated time and time again by the team and our club 

It's no surprise we have been on such a volatile journey since then as upon the sad passing of Dick Donald on Hogmanay 1993, the results and performances speak volumes of how badly our club has been run thereafter. 

Apart from the era when George Yule (a man of great humility, integrity, and with the genuine best interests of our club and supporters at heart) was on-board when the performances and results were very good (some were excellent), either side of his tenure we've been incredibly unstable, weak, and, quite frankly, woeful.

That's what happens when you don't have proper football people on the board but instead have egotistical mice who couldn't care less about our club, or, if they do, they don't know how to fucking run it, regardless of how successful they've been in other business ventures.

Anyone can see cormack hasn't a clue. We've spent what we've made in transfers.

He's a cheap cunt when it come to managers' he's running out of his puppets to appoint, he's spent money on the training facility granted but but the fact he named it after himself speaks volumes. 

I think he'll be gone by 2025. 

15 hours ago, RUL said:

Surely ebbe must have had a worse record?

I would have though so min.

99-00 5-0, 7-0, 6-0, 5-1, 2-0 (LCF) defeats.

00-01 1-1 draw followed by 6-0 and 1-0 (?) defeats.

01-02 2-0 loss, 2-0 win, 1-0 loss, 1-0 loss, 2-0 (SC) loss.

02-03 4-0 and 7-0 defeats.

(The above results are off the top of my head. Please feel free to correct any👍.)

Skovdahl's tactics and approach to celtic games should have been enough for him to be sacked far earlier than November 2002. Robson's tactics and approach are not much different when managing against his former club.

11 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Anyone can see cormack hasn't a clue. We've spent what we've made in transfers.

He's a cheap cunt when it come to managers' he's running out of his puppets to appoint, he's spent money on the training facility granted but but the fact he named it after himself speaks volumes. 

I think he'll be gone by 2025. 

Very good summary. 

If he wasn't so egotistical, the training complex would have been named after Willie Miller. 

As you quite rightly say min, he's went for cheap options ever since firing Derek McInnes. However, since he returned back to AFC a few years ago, 4 managers have reigned under him. Instability does not create success.

Comparatively, we had 4 managers in the first 56 years of our club's existence.

Therein lies the main issue.

DC speaks well about AFC (he's hardly going to be critical about the club publicly though, is he?) but that's nowhere near enough. Actions.......

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very good summary. 

If he wasn't so egotistical, the training complex would have been named after Willie Miller. 

As you quite rightly say min, he's went for cheap options ever since firing Derek McInnes. However, since he returned back to AFC a few years ago, 4 managers have reigned under him. Instability does not create success.

Comparatively, we had 4 managers in the first 56 years of our club's existence.

Therein lies the main issue.

DC speaks well about AFC (he's hardly going to be critical about the club publicly though, is he?) but that's nowhere near enough. Actions.......

I think it should have been named after Alex Ferguson. Imagine if he  becomes the massive failure as i think he will as chairman we'll at least have the training facility to remind ourselves of the cunt. 

38 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I think it should have been named after Alex Ferguson. Imagine if he  becomes the massive failure as i think he will as chairman we'll at least have the training facility to remind ourselves of the cunt. 

Ferguson is a good shout and, as @aberdeen1970says, Teddy Scott arguably even more so, for what the training complex should have been named and who after.

Like you say, once he leaves the club for the second time, his name will still resonate via the training facility.

13 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ferguson is a good shout and, as @aberdeen1970says, Teddy Scott arguably even more so, for what the training complex should have been named and who after.

Like you say, once he leaves the club for the second time, his name will still resonate via the training facility.

Yup Teddy Scott is a big shout. Maybe we'll get to rename it one day.

Ultimately getting red of Robson won't change anything

We have a "philiosphy" yet clearly just sign players without a care in terms of tactics and style of play, so who we sign is dis-jointed relative to how we're being set up to play, guys like Sokler/Geuye are hardly getting any game time 

Huge clear-out needed of the staff behind the scenes as the same mistakes continually show themselves in terms of recruitment and play style

For those voting RMS... where do you think the club is going under Robson? You not worried in the slightest?

Remembering how much money we've spent, and Robsons unwillingness to change his ways, what are you thinking from the season thus far, and where you think its going?

I want to see what you lot see...