RMS or RMG ?

Robson Must Stay or Robson Must Go ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Robson Must Stay or Robson Must Go ?

35 minutes ago, Helmet said:

It’d be funny if he won the final. I’d still want him gone to be honest.

As I said last night, it’s a horrible situation.

Winning the final - brilliant - fuck the hun bastards. 
BUT… that gives him the rest of the season & an almost inevitable battle to avoid the bottom 2.

Lose - pissed off…. BUT… almost certainly gets the useless cunt out the door, we get a new man in & hopefully climb the table. 

Surely they'll have a discussion at the very least if not a vote on monday.  A loss on Saturday would just up the vote of get rid now.  What i find more concerning is that Goodwin said that the board wanted to get rid of him after Darvel but Cormack wanted him to stay and gave him th e Hibs game.  Surely he wouldn't do the same here.  Imagine getting dicked in a cup final

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

I think they’ll give him a game beyond the final.

If only because they are too spineless to face up the media / moron pundits who will claim Robson has been fired for failing to win the cup final against a better resourced team and it’s evidence of AFC still living in the Fergie era.

Much easier to wait until the next loss in the league (after the cup game) then punt him.

This is what I don't get. So he wins a game, then what?

It's clear that he is done. It's over regardless of whether he wins on Sat or beats Livvy.

It's over.  What's the point.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:22 PM, englishred said:

Surely they'll have a discussion at the very least if not a vote on monday.  A loss on Saturday would just up the vote of get rid now.  What i find more concerning is that Goodwin said that the board wanted to get rid of him after Darvel but Cormack wanted him to stay and gave him th e Hibs game.  Surely he wouldn't do the same here.  Imagine getting dicked in a cup final

For me I’m more interested in if they are working on a list of targets to replace him.

I’m not sure I care if they sack him this week. next week or in 4 weeks time but they do need to be considering what they will do if they have to get a replacement in at short notice.

They absolutely have to be planning for this.

But I suspect they won’t.

This "We'll give him the final..." pish ? Why ? There's no way we're winning it on this form. We've got to a final do we not want to win it because of some sentimental pish ? That's a joke decision. If they give him to Livingston (after we've lost the final) and he loses that and if it's not "Happy Christmas here's your P45" then Cormack and the FMB really do have no balls. Crowd already booing at the Hearts game... 

2 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

This "We'll give him the final..." pish ? Why ? There's no way we're winning it on this form. We've got to a final do we not want to win it because of some sentimental pish ? That's a joke decision. If they give him to Livingston (after we've lost the final) and he loses that and if it's not "Happy Christmas here's your P45" then Cormack and the FMB really do have no balls. Crowd already booing at the Hearts game... 

Shite min. The new messiah has a pretty decent record in bigger games and against bigger teams (not Celtic). I’d be more worried if we were playing Airdrie in the final.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the actual point/function of a 'Football Monitoring Board' anyway? Assuming it actually exists and we're not just having smoke blown up our arses? 

I mean we have a board of directors who can see that Robson's out of his depth, so why do they need some kind of redundant, secondary  'board' who can also see that he's out of his depth? Or, as it seems in this situation, can't see that he's out of his depth?

Can't the actual board assume the role of every other board of directors and take responsibility for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the club, rather than creating another step between the problem and fixing the problem? 

I've Googled 'Football Monitoring Board' to see if this redundant bottleneck to decision-making exists anywhere else in the football world, and it seems like it's just AFC who has this impediment to decision-making.

Assuming, as I say, it even exists. 

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

What is the actual point/function of a 'Football Monitoring Board' anyway? Assuming it actually exists and we're not just having smoke blown up our arses? 

I mean we have a board of directors who can see that Robson's out of his depth, so why do they need some kind of redundant, secondary  'board' who can also see that he's out of his depth? Or, as it seems in this situation, can't see that he's out of his depth?

Can't the actual board assume the role of every other board of directors and take responsibility for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the club, rather than creating another step between the problem and fixing the problem? 

I mean, I've Googled 'Football Monitoring Board' to see if this redundant bottleneck to decision-making exists anywhere else in the football world, and it seems like it's just AFC who has this impediment to decision-making.

Safe to assume it’s just corporate wank speak for members of the senior management team who have a say in assessing the performance of the manager. 

10 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I've Googled 'Football Monitoring Board' to see if this redundant bottleneck to decision-making exists anywhere else in the football world, and it seems like it's just AFC who has this impediment to decision-making.

It was a makky uppy thing from colgate to deflect from his megalomania hitting the rocks

• Upvote 1

A wee reminder that a number of people said we couldn’t sack him before the cup final as he was our best shot at winning the game due to his record against the huns.

Now that’s been proven as absolute drivel, we can surely move on and fire him off the Dick Donald roof? 

It was complete negligence to go into our biggest game in years with Robson as manager. We’d have stood more of a chance being proactive, something this board is totally incapable of. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, McPhee123 said:

The FMB was created purely as a stop-gap because they weren't ready to get rid of Goodwin until after the Hibs game but wanted to make it look like they were actually doing something.

It's a fake board that likely hasn't had any sort of meeting since Goodwin's sacking, if at all.

All the more reason to keep mentioning it call out the rank incompetence 

Hacken away, very beatable side, 2-0 down and toiling, amazing second half to claw it back to 2-2. 

Return leg, not even a fucking sniff, really. Comfortably beaten, totally outclassed and Robson outthought by a vastly superior, vastly more experienced manager. 

First big opportunity missed, naturally, told not to panic because we had the EUCL groups. 

EUCL groups; 

Managed to compete well for spells in games and didn't totally embarrass ourselves, but still, threw away a 2-0 lead against PAOK, failed to beat an average Helsinki side, and ultimately, papped out with 2 games to spare. 

Another disappointment. 

League form has been rotten, the manager determined to blame Europe for this, much to the bewilderment of the fans, because isn't that where we want to be as a club? 

As a club, we want to be playing in Europe and challenging at the right end of the league, if you listen to our manager, that doesn't seem to think that's possible. 

We got favourable draws on the way to a cup final, and absolutely robbed Hibs at Hampden with a stinking performance.

Ok, we thought. Can't be at it every game (if you ignore the previous leave games we've been miles and miles off it) but we're in a cup final, and we seem to know how to play these cunts. 

1-0 defeat whereby we offered nothing in terms of a contest to them. They had just come off a tough European fixture, and looked leggy themselves. 

Now, our manager is telling us we've no right to expect anything. 

0. shots. On target. 

I seem to recall when DMC got the dunt Cormack said "Is it unreasonable for Aberdeen fans to expect more than 3 trophies in 30 years?"

Apparently, it fucking is. 

Loser, amateur, pretender club ran by masters of spin and deflection. 

Make it toxic tomorrow. Please. 

• Upvote 7
2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

A wee reminder that a number of people said we couldn’t sack him before the cup final as he was our best shot at winning the game due to his record against the huns.

Now that’s been proven as absolute drivel, we can surely move on and fire him off the Dick Donald roof? 

It was complete negligence to go into our biggest game in years with Robson as manager. We’d have stood more of a chance being proactive, something this board is totally incapable of. 

You're normally pretty measured, but I don't agree with the above. His record v Sevco is good, better than most managers we've had, and keeping him for the final was the correct decision by the board. We lost, but I doubt any of our previous 5 managers would have done any better, or any caretaker we shoved in. The board would have been mad to sack him before the final. 

Unnecessary caveats: Sunday was the most disappointed I've been after any cup final defeat since 2000, and Robson isn't the man for the job.

5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

You're normally pretty measured, but I don't agree with the above. His record v Sevco is good, better than most managers we've had, and keeping him for the final was the correct decision by the board. We lost, but I doubt any of our previous 5 managers would have done any better, or any caretaker we shoved in. The board would have been mad to sack him before the final. 

Unnecessary caveats: Sunday was the most disappointed I've been after any cup final defeat since 2000, and Robson isn't the man for the job.

He should have been binned weeks ago, with a new manager in place 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, McPhee123 said:

The FMB was created purely as a stop-gap because they weren't ready to get rid of Goodwin until after the Hibs game but wanted to make it look like they were actually doing something.

It's a fake board that likely hasn't had any sort of meeting since Goodwin's sacking, if at all.

Correct

30 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Not so sure ramandu, I honestly think the majority that went knew we were going to get beat in the final which in itself is criminal, not because the opposition are strong, on the contrary, this is the weakest hun team I have seen for some time which, IMO, is why our record against them is decent this season, not because of our manager, because they are shite, Kilmarnock bet them first game of the league season for goodness sake, that just wouldn’t happen if they had a semblance of a team. Other games they have needed VAR to bail them out. Honestly, again subjective, but going into a final basically knowing that we wouldn’t be getting silverware is and was criminal, he should have been replaced, the weegie 2 are only going to get stronger, chances of winning a competition are now stark. A wasted opportunity, in a footballing backwater.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Should have been given the sack a month ago, plenty time to find a replacement. 

He was solely responsible for that result and it’s been obvious it was coming since we fluked the semi final. 

• Upvote 1