Go for Mowbray or not?

Go for Mowbray or not?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Go for Mowbray or not?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2023 at 02:13 PM

5 minutes ago, RDS said:

His basic salary at Sunderland was around £1m so say £20k a week so likely out of our range

He's just been sacked and likely got a big payoff.  Offer him McInnes money (allegedly circa £15-17k a week) and stop skinflinting over the most important role at the club.......

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, RDS said:

His basic salary at Sunderland was around £1m so say £20k a week so likely out of our range

He's only worth what the next club are willing to pay. He will have had a pay-off from Sunderland. Over his career he's never been a massive star either playing or managing but he is still likely to have earned enough that he could retire and live very comfortably from today onwards should he choose. But if we offered say £12k/wk, it's hardly peanuts. As I've said elsewhere, I think his days as a Championship level manager might well be over. Would he get £12k/wk in EFL1? Not from many  I'd imagine

This is all theoretical of course (for the time being).  We aren't binning Robson until at least after the LC Final (and even then it would only be if we lost all matches in the interim).

32 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It's pretty ridiculous when you put it like that.

Why the fuck you'd spend that much money on absolute muck like him while continually scrimping on the manager is beyond me.

I doubt it's scrimping for colgate it's more like that he knows if he gets a decent experienced coach for £££ he'll not suffer cormacks interference. The cock wants his fingers in all things afc he's a total narcissistic yank wannabe prick.

7 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Nae chance Mowbray is upping his life and moving this north for 15k a week at 58 when he can sit on what he has and wait for another gig doon South. 

He's 60. And Aberdeen is a fucking great job.

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Absolute no brainer if he's interested. We should never be a managers first job. 

Hibs were Mowbray's first job. Didn't hear many complaints from the Hibs fans about his inexperience when he was winning manager of the year