Go for Mowbray or not?

Go for Mowbray or not?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Go for Mowbray or not?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2023 at 02:13 PM

5 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

As others have said, it must be Heckingbottom.

I've not followed his recent career so might need some help to understand?

Simple checks show he has never won an honour as player or manager and his win percentage record is disgusting.

Is it sarcasm?

• Haha 1

100% I'd take Mowbray, experienced manager, knows how to set a team up to play decent football, good eye for a player and would sort us right out, however......I seem to remember reading him not being too arsed when Blackburn decided not to extend his contract as he'd been away from his family for years and was looking to get back home to be with them. The Sunderland job was a good fit for him location wise, not too sure at this stage he'd be keen to come to us.

I would hope someone has at least sounded him out or plans to but probably not given how inept our FMB are.

• Upvote 1

I’m not certain about Mowbray- don’t know a lot about what he’s done since leaving Scotland.

However he is absolutely the sort of experienced option we should be considering.

Every appointment is a bit of a gamble but our last 3 have all been absolute wildcards tbh. Crazy appointments for a supposedly big club in the Scottish context.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I’m not certain about Mowbray- don’t know a lot about what he’s done since leaving Scotland.

However he is absolutely the sort of experienced option we should be considering.

Every appointment is a bit of a gamble but our last 3 have all been absolute wildcards tbh. Crazy appointments for a supposedly big club in the Scottish context.

Id rather go for someone completely outwith Scotland thats never managed or played in this country but has been successful in current job or last handful. This would probably be at a lower level but recent success is more important to me than experience. Said candidate should also be known for an attacking style if that is still our actual philosophy. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, slippers said:

Id rather go for someone completely outwith Scotland thats never managed or played in this country but has been successful in current job or last handful. This would probably be at a lower level but recent success is more important to me than experience. Said candidate should also be known for an attacking style if that is still our actual philosophy. 

I would as well.

The point is though we should be looking for guys that fit these sort of profiles.

Not coaches with literally zero experience of senior football management or first team coaching.

And not coaches with a little experience at smaller clubs but where fuck all was achieved and there is nothing to suggest they have something about them.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, slippers said:

Well sparkling teeth went for Glass 👽outwith  Scotland, then Robson 🚀outwith planet earth and that hasn’t  done any good. 

3 hours ago, Helmet said:

I’m not sure Mowbray is certain at this stage either, mate! 

9 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Like the boy at Kilmarnock? That sort of proper manager! 

Well we need to look forwards, not back.

I just want the club to look a bit further than the end of their nose and appointment someone who can get the team playing but also build something medium term.