Go for Mowbray or not?

Go for Mowbray or not?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Go for Mowbray or not?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2023 at 02:13 PM

We are 3 points off rock bottom, we will lose to Hearts at the weekend.

If Mowbray is in the slightest bit interested the club should act. Experienced enough to get us out this mess with the current squad while being able to add in January. 
Not sure what folk expect but manager wise but right now we need to climb the league and stay there while competing for trophies.  He's a decent shout to do that.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Ok , and your recommendation ? 

What has my recommended got to do with it? Not as if I have any sway or influence on the board. 

I would however take the other name being branded about as the new saviour - Alex Neil over Mowbray without hesitation. 

However I would like to see the board considering some "left field" options should we begin the search for a new manager. 

11 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

I would he doesn’t smile and smirk after getting beat. 

I think we need to look outside the box and the easy options being mentioned on here, just look at Ipswich they have reaped the benefits of Kerion McKenna, someone that served their 'time' at a club and now doing his own thing very well. I don't have a name, but Mowbury, Neil, Lennon, Chandler or Warnock till June don't fill me with excitement. I can't think of anyone on Scotland I'd take at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I think we need to look outside the box and the easy options being mentioned on here, just look at Ipswich they have reaped the benefits of Kerion McKenna, someone that served their 'time' at a club and now doing his own thing very well. I don't have a name, but Mowbury, Neil, Lennon, Chandler or Warnock till June don't fill me with excitement. I can't think of anyone on Scotland I'd take at the moment. 

Who ?

I'm no convinced that this all at Robsons door. I don't think he is the answer at all, but even going back to Goodwin, he talked a good game, but the players let him down. I think other posters on here are right, more needs to change than just punting Robson. The structure can't be right higher up? Surely a club with a much quoted 'FMB' should be trying to establish a culture which is not solely dependent on the manager. They can't be that bloody short sighted surely ?? Recruitment also seems scatter gun and potentially has caused a rift in the team? 

Cormack, if he has much about him, must be looking at all that as well.

3 minutes ago, 1903Afc said:

I'm no convinced that this all at Robsons door. I don't think he is the answer at all, but even going back to Goodwin, he talked a good game, but the players let him down. I think other posters on here are right, more needs to change than just punting Robson. The structure can't be right higher up? Surely a club with a much quoted 'FMB' should be trying to establish a culture which is not solely dependent on the manager. They can't be that bloody short sighted surely ?? Recruitment also seems scatter gun and potentially has caused a rift in the team? 

Cormack, if he has much about him, must be looking at all that as well.

Never can understand why a certain S Milne is still on the board, surely better out there than him. His record with us is abysmal. 

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

What has my recommended got to do with it? Not as if I have any sway or influence on the board. 

I would however take the other name being branded about as the new saviour - Alex Neil over Mowbray without hesitation. 

However I would like to see the board considering some "left field" options should we begin the search for a new manager. 

We tried a 'left field' option with Glass and it was a disaster. 

Given that we're only one point above a play off place, and have a series of fixtures from hell coming up, I don't think that this is the time for a left-field gamble. 

I'd like to see us get in an experienced coach that us a decent track record in getting results, no matter the style of football. 

Ditching McInnes and then promising the world in free flowing, attacking football was Cormack's idiotic, naive pipe dream. 

We actually need the stability of a series of 1-0, 2-0 wins against the likes of the Fermers, Ross County and Dundee. 

30 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

We tried a 'left field' option with Glass and it was a disaster. 

Given that we're only one point above a play off place, and have a series of fixtures from hell coming up, I don't think that this is the time for a left-field gamble. 

I'd like to see us get in an experienced coach that us a decent track record in getting results, no matter the style of football. 

Ditching McInnes and then promising the world in free flowing, attacking football was Cormack's idiotic, naive pipe dream. 

We actually need the stability of a series of 1-0, 2-0 wins against the likes of the Fermers, Ross County and Dundee. 

Glass was not left field. Glass was an egotistical disaster. Left field doesn't mean "rookie" it means someone out with the usual merry-go-round of journeyman managers. 

Glass was what kicked all this off.