What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up?

JumboJET

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. I mind now. You go to the pub yourself at night and post on the internet about all the "coolbeers" you're having. 

…. and you a kidless (seedless?) young single poofter who gets up at the crack of dawn to pump iron.

rather be me tbh

• Haha 2

I heard that in that China, when we are in bed, they are awake. No wonder they produce more stuff than anyone else. And they aren't all "slitty-eyed" as Phil the Greek used to say, that's just weariness. In that Australia they sleep, well... they are all blacked out (some are just black, them genocide survivors who blow into sticks) from drinking all the time and getting sunburnt in December.

In the olden days, before www. back when it was still legal to rape your wife and own Africa, people used to sleep for four hours from around 8pm-midnight and get up, pray, read that Bible book, do all witchcraft stuff, steal livestock, write a poem about a mouse, and then go back to bed until the Sun came up over God's flat Earth.

Industrial revolution brought about the 8-hour sleep from 10/11pm. Bag o' shite. You should sleep when tired, eat when hungry and work when the mules finally arrive from Liverpool with the proper gear from Brazil. Not sure how they sleep in Brazil, it's all fitba and shagging over there and Amazon is based there or something and that must be a busy job, dispatching all that stuff from a fucking jungle and wee Indian mannies with their knobs out are puffing poisonous frog darts at you as you drive your van.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Good post re industrial revolution. 
People used to base their sleep patterns on daylight hours rather than a predetermined time. 

Exactly. ALL animals of the Earth just lie down and sleep when they need to or just feel like it. Once they eat, they sleep. We sleep, then eat, then go to work in a building with fat women who talk shite all day while you knock your pan in and get you sacked for saying, "darkies"... on Twitter... 14 years ago... and it was a quote from Alf Garnett to illustrate the crassness of racism.

1 hour ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

In the olden days, before www. back when it was still legal to rape your wife and own Africa, people used to sleep for four hours from around 8pm-midnight and get up, pray, read that Bible book, do all witchcraft stuff, steal livestock, write a poem about a mouse, and then go back to bed until the Sun came up over God's flat Earth.

Nonono, they did not, and it's mad that this urban myth gets any traction (including a silly BBC article). At most it was some weird Victorian fad.

Why would people get up when it's cold and dark, when heat and light are expensive?

3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Nonono, they did not, and it's mad that this urban myth gets any traction (including a silly BBC article). At most it was some weird Victorian fad.

Why would people get up when it's cold and dark, when heat and light are expensive?

Samuel Pepys talked about it a lot in his legendary classic diaries. He lived from 1633-1703. It was a common practice. People didn't live as conformists back then, it was a wild age... it still is.

Sleep is something we all do, yet most people are clueless about why we do it, the variations of it, the history of it. Sleep  only began to be properly, scientifically studied in the 1970s. But we know that you can quite easily go to bed at 6pm, get up at 10pm, do whatever you need or want to do for six hours then go back to bed at 6/7am, get up at 10am-midday. It depends on other factors whether you'll get quality sleep, but the point is that going to sleep at 11am-7am is just conformity, doing as your told as you did as a kid. Babies prove the point, they sleep all kids of "odd" hours, it's because they are tired, so they sleep, they get super hungry/dehydrated so they wake up screaming and will stay up until they get tired again. 

I find that when I sleep for 8 hours, I am very stiff (steady) in the morning, as I have been stationary, sedentary for too long, and being under the covers for too long, getting too hot, inflamed. Two bouts of a 4-6 hour sleep and a 2-4 hour sleep is best for me. 

This is why people age early, get unhealthy, they are on this treadmill of an arcane system. Burnout. We need a new system, a health and happiness driven system. Or could all just switch to shrooms, weed and orgies.

• Thanks 1