Killian Phillips

22 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Name said clowns & show examples/confirmations of them all doing both these things. 
appears like you can confirm there were loads.

Wow, thats a big bite.

Getting all defensive there fnd and no ones accused you of anything.

Looks like youve just named yourself as one of the slavering mongols who moaned like fuck about the Mclean signing and his ability. 

• Haha 6

I hope Phillips has has a cracking time up here and does really well, however as i said earlier and others have said lack of wingers is concerning,  You only have to look at Hearts midweek and on Saturday (second half) to see how much wide players can have a big impact we are really lacking in that area , i suspect anymore signings will be loans but you never know

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Plenty on here had never heard of Mclean if you recall the outrage, toys out the pram stuff at us shelling out £300k on a st mirren player. Then the same clowns bitching and moaning cos he wasnt Zidane in his first ten minute's on the pitch.  

As far as I remember, McLean was the first time we spent decent money under McInnes, and it felt like a statement. I think folk were more excited about that signing than almost any other in the last 10 years, but maybe that was just me.

(Ignoring FnD's comment)

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

The midfielder / centre back. A real renaissance man we have on our books. 

Remember when we used to sign players like King Kenny McLean, Hayes, Shinnie and McGinn that we had heard of and knew were actually half decent. 

Had you heard of Miovski?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Wow, thats a big bite.

Getting all defensive there fnd and no ones accused you of anything.

Looks like youve just named yourself as one of the slavering mongols who moaned like fuck about the Mclean signing and his ability. 

Nae at all. I liked McLean & was happy we signed him. Pity he never turned up until a few months into each season though 😉

Your accusations about ‘loads on here’ is vastly exaggerated I feel though, unless you can show some examples 🤔

Like journalistic fiction license being abused for sake of making a post that sounds ‘legit’ 🤣

19 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s nonsense. He was a well established league player and Scotland u21 international. 

He was St Mirren captain and ran the show for them every week. Thats what i remembered about him.

You dont remember folk moaning like fuck about us paying 300k for a st mirren player and moaning about how shite they thought he was? Clearly they’d never even seen him play.

Barron still gets accused of being shite on here. Folk were writing off Nicky Devlin before he kicked a ball cos he was coming from Livi. Oblivious to the fact he was a standout for them most weeks and the captain. 

Its obvious theres folk on here that dont pay any attention to the other players in the league. Its not a new thing.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Not guaranteed this guy will even get a game for us, of course, given Barry's point blank refusal to play certain players, including loanees. 

But as long as we're winning, I guess... 

Aye you certainly wouldn’t piss on Robson’s calf’s in the shower for a laugh. 

I'm quite happy with the loan signing of Killian Phillips.

If he was truly shite or had an attitude problem, there's no way Roy Hodgson would be still keeping him at Crystal Palace.

It'll give Graeme Shinnie a break from the starting XI and provide extra competition in the middle of the park, as regardless of the numbers we have in there at present, there are at least two of them (Clarkson being one) only getting a starting place out of loyalty./sufferance.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I'm quite happy with the loan signing of Killian Phillips.

If he was truly shite or had an attitude problem, there's no way Roy Hodgson would be still keeping him at Crystal Palace.

It'll give Graeme Shinnie a break from the starting XI and provide extra competition in the middle of the park, as regardless of the numbers we have in there at present, there are at least two of them (Clarkson being one) only getting a starting place out of loyalty./sufferance.

Is he keeping him at Palace? Or is he trying to ‘shop window’ him to get rid?

Celtic fans will love him for his Remembrance Day non commitment (his Choice so fair enough) so if he is anything other than shite they will probably sign him up simply for their fans as another Lennon type hero for them because it’ll wind up the Orcs

your Clarkson point. It’s not loyalty that’s keeping him in. It’s lack of choice. Robson is killing Clarksons  real game but he has nobody else to play the role he’s forcing Clarkson to play.

The amount of pin point through balls he played last season was sublime to watch but somehow Robson has eliminated this tactic from him 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Celtic fans will love him for his Remembrance Day non commitment (his Choice so fair enough) so if he is anything other than shite they will probably sign him up simply for their fans as another Lennon type hero for them because it’ll wind up the Orcs

He signed a new contract with Palace back in August so I'd think it's unlikely they're writing him off just yet. They loaned him to Wycombe immediately after this, supposedly for the full season but obv we have stepped in and Palace have chosen to recall him then loaned him to us. Presumably to see if he can cope playing at a higher level.

He does turn 22 in about 8 weeks and you have to wonder if he hasn't made the breakthrough at Palace by now if he ever will. If the loan with us doesn't go well then you'd have to imagine he'll probably never make the step-up.

28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

your Clarkson point. It’s not loyalty that’s keeping him in. It’s lack of choice. Robson is killing Clarksons  real game but he has nobody else to play the role he’s forcing Clarkson to play.

The amount of pin point through balls he played last season was sublime to watch but somehow Robson has eliminated this tactic from him 

Leighton Clarkson is a very good player when deployed in his most productive position, which, like you imply, has been very limited this season.

Now we have more choice in the middle of the park with the temporary signing of Phillips, so only time will tell if his acquisition will be beneficial or not, in respect of the team as a whole as well as individual players improving. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He signed a new contract with Palace back in August so I'd think it's unlikely they're writing him off just yet. They loaned him to Wycombe immediately after this, supposedly for the full season but obv we have stepped in and Palace have chosen to recall him then loaned him to us. Presumably to see if he can cope playing at a higher level.

He does turn 22 in about 8 weeks and you have to wonder if he hasn't made the breakthrough at Palace by now if he ever will. If the loan with us doesn't go well then you'd have to imagine he'll probably never make the step-up.

Yeah but it was after signing new deal he ‘upset the apple cart’ so to speak by avoiding the Remembrance Sunday acknowledgments.

I have zero issues with his ‘protest’ btw. I do not expect everyone living in UK to honour the dead of war as long as they don’t ‘disrespect’ them. Which he didn’t. He just didn’t take part.