What's the Top 3 things we need to do now ?

1. Restructure... ie. put Gunn in a position of zero authority, stop pretending there's such a thing as an FMB, hire a real DoF. 

2. Hire Dave Challinor, obviously. 

3. Get all players back from loan who can be recalled so Dave can assess them. Bring in wide players on loan. 

3a. Get Robson to come back to Pittodrie under the pretense of a Going Away Party, and lure him up onto the roof...

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

1. Restructure... ie. put Gunn in a position of zero authority, stop pretending there's such a thing as an FMB, hire a real DoF. 

2. Hire Dave Challinor, obviously. 

3. Get all players back from loan who can be recalled so Dave can assess them. Bring in wide players on loan. 

3a. Get Robson to come back to Pittodrie under the pretense of a Going Away Party, and lure him up onto the roof...

Cormack, I assume?

37 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

It's like the triangle offense of the 90s. Good offense. Sure helped that MJ was on those teams. I think a lot of formations can work with the right scheme, manager, players etc.

But you gotta know when to fold them. I'd have cashed in on Bojan. This season cant be saved.

Loved Kenny Rogers 

4 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Isn't that exactly a reason to consider it ? Most believe we're better with 4 at the back. Most believe we should play 2 up front at home. So where are you placing the other 4 players ? Just because no one's doing it now doesn't mean it's not an option to consider when you're playing teams with a lone striker. Why do you think we're constantly playing the long ball to nobody... because the midfield is clogged up with 10 or 11 players who can't pass a ball... Not saying it's the golden chalice, just saying with players that could keep possession and were actually capable of passing a ball it's still very much an option in my opinion.

I wouldn’t play 2 up front. I’d rather play Miovski as a 9 and Clarkson as an actual number 10. 

Robsons left us with a bizarre squad though so it’s hard to pick a formation. Morris and Hayes are basically the only wingers. Clarkson, Barron and McGrath pretty much all want to do the same role.  And shinnie’s looking like his best days are long gone. 

good luck to whoever comes in between now and the end of the season 

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

What will our European escapades this season have done to our standing?

It's taken us from #166 to #126 (though we might drop a bit if teams still in Europe overtake us).

Imagine the buzz when we get down to double figures. Limbs everywhere.

1. Punt Gunn and replace with a new DOF, qualified to carry out the role

2. Punt Milne and Gardner off FMB and replace with the new DOF and another football man (not someone who was last involved in the 80's).

3. Find the bit of paper that had the football strategy written on it that you promised us. It's probably fell down the back of Gunners filing cabinet. Once found........ headhunt a manager to fit the strategy and avoid the Scottish manager merry go round.