I think some need to stop living in the McInnes Milne era and move on, but I guess it's hard for Cormack too when you have employees of the club still craving Derek. 

Yeah he did win a cup, but Craig Brown laid the foundations there, after that.....I'm not really sure other than a title challenge where he wasn't backed, he should have moved to Sunderland as he knew he was going stale, time to move on and get behind Warnock and Cormack.

I actually think Cormack has played this well, ( yes he's made plenty of mistakes, but he's a supporter like us) I think he's always wanted a high profile manager in but just hasn't managed to attract anyone, but now you will have managers thinking....well if Warnock can go there maybe I can too. 

Roll on Saturday ( Tuesday is important too) let's fill pittodrie and show the club everyone is behind them! COYR 

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Yeah he did win a cup, but Craig Brown laid the foundations there, after that.....I'm not really sure other than a title challenge where he wasn't backed, he should have moved to Sunderland as he knew he was going stale, time to move on and get behind Warnock and Cormack.

No chance. He turned Sunderland down in 2017, and the season after that we finished second. The staleness came later.

One of the best days on the hat when he turned them down, too. It brought the return of kelt if I recall correctly.

15 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I think some need to stop living in the McInnes Milne era and move on, but I guess it's hard for Cormack too when you have employees of the club still craving Derek. 

I actually think Cormack has played this well, ( yes he's made plenty of mistakes, but he's a supporter like us) I think he's always wanted a high profile manager in but just hasn't managed to attract anyone, but now you will have managers thinking....well if Warnock can go there maybe I can too. 

Roll on Saturday ( Tuesday is important too) let's fill pittodrie and show the club everyone is behind them! COYR 

We finished 2nd the season after he turned Sunderland down did we not?

You call that stale?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

No chance. He turned Sunderland down in 2017, and the season after that we finished second. The staleness came later.

One of the best days on the hat when he turned them down, too. It brought the return of kelt if I recall correctly.

I thought it was later🫣, I apologise, but still went stale and he should have left before he did. 

Honestly think this is the type of appointment we need, no affiliation to the Club ( so don't give a shit who you are or who you think you are) and never managed in Scotland, it's going to be short term but I think we should have appointed someone like this after McInnes it's unfortunately taken far too long to get here & that's where Cormack and Milne to an extent have let us down.

16 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Here , here, but when we get his weegie  pals still going on about how good " Del" is , then it will always be over us.

They all seem to omit the fact he won just as many trophies as McIntyre, Sheils Lennon, Wright, Hughes,and Stubbs,  and half as many as Davidson yet I don't hear any of them getting wanked over as much.

They forget he was a sleekiit hoor, who had been in contact with other clubs about moves ( his pal McCall said so with Derek's permission he maintained) on sportsound one night , interestingly mcall never retracted that statement and Hun DMC never said it was untrue.

No doubt using those approaches to get yet another pay rise off Milne, 

He lied about not knowing the rat was moving to the Huns, and he lied about being interested in the Scotland job despite being one of the final 3 

And his cup final capitulations, his cowardice and him benefitting from other similar size clubs being in other divisions is again forgotten by his drooling followers 

• Dildo 6
13 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Aye so he should have gone then long before the shelf life ended 

10 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Here , here, but when we get his weegie  pals still going on about how good " Del" is , then it will always be over us.

They all seem to omit the fact he won just as many trophies as McIntyre, Sheils Lennon, Wright, Hughes,and Stubbs,  and half as many as Davidson yet I don't hear any of them getting wanked over as much.

They forget he was a sleekiit hoor, who had been in contact with other clubs about moves ( his pal McCall said so with Derek's permission he maintained) on sportsound one night , interestingly mcall never retracted that statement and Hun DMC never said it was untrue.

He lied about not knowing the rat was moving to the Huns, and he lied about being interested in the Scotland job despite being one of the final 3 

And his cup final capitulations, his cowardice and him benefitting from other similar size clubs being in other divisions is again forgotten by his drooling followers 

Where , where ?

5 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Take a look at how Kilmarnock and Dundee are doing.I don't think there is really any doubt that Mcinnes and Docherty are good managers maybe not great managers but we have struggled to get anybody better so what was the point of sacking them?

1 minute ago, ERNIE said:

Take a look at how Kilmarnock and Dundee are doing.I don't think there is really any doubt that Mcinnes and Docherty are good managers maybe not great managers but we have struggled to get anybody better so what was the point of sacking them?

When McInnes left Aberdeen we had scored one goal in the previous ten matches.

• Upvote 2

Obviously, with Warnock will get more media interest and coverage from down south and I can see him talking up the squad with the likes of Mioskvi, he imagine him, saying something like 'We've got a fantastic player here who could do a job in any league and any club paying £10 million, is getting a bargain'.

The more I read about him, the more I like, yes he's divisive and speaks his mind but that is what I want to to hear, I want to see him speak out about the SFA and the referees up here too.

On playing style, he doesn't have favoured formation, he plays the best players for a particular formation and keeps it simple.

I can also see him being used as part of the process of getting a new permanent manger, as he could use his contacts to recommend managers that are not under consideration or rule out ones that might be under consideration?

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

When Cormack came in he made us a laughing stock.

Get this McInnes talk to fuck off this thread and let's get back to Warnock. A united front and a bounce in the stadium again is the feeling I'm getting from this appointment - hopefully this is what transpires.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Take a look at how Kilmarnock and Dundee are doing. I don't think there is really any doubt that McInnes and Docherty are good managers maybe not great managers but we have struggled to get anybody better so what was the point of sacking them?

I'd argue based on Glass, Goodwin & Robson, we haven't tried to appoint anybody better. 

Further evidence of the failings of those at the top of the tree. 

20 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Dundee have won 2 of their last 11 games, hardly impressive imo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

I'm on here most days reading the chat but seldom post.  I sometimes wonder if some of our fans remember how dire the football was with McInnes towards the end of his time.  We were honking and going to games was a complete chore.  I was so bored I gave up my ST.  Cormack has done a lot of good for the club but made some horrific mistakes, but anyone suggesting we should have stuck with him is way off the mark.  He was rightfully dismissed for the benefit of both sides.  One trophy in his time when the odds were stacked hugely in his favour is hardly the work of a genius. 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Do you not get bored of repeating the same shite? 

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, starryfish said:

That same season was one of our best starts ever with good results and performances.Then we lost a few players through transfers and injury. Cormack wouldn't provide funds to replace them hence we had 3 loans even though Cormack had found £800k for Hernandez. Pretty sure Mcinnes then realised Cormack wanted to bring in his own man.He never had the same working relationship with Cormack as he did with the previous chairman.Yes a bad run of 10 games but we had 8 years of results to judge mcinnes and Docherty on.If you think these 2 guys are bad managers take a look at the league table.

• Dildo 1

Don't fear, Warnock is probably looking for Colgate to get him a nice spot for the fishing afore he signs

I agree he will bring the club and Scottish football into the spotlight down south, and he will certainly hype up Miovski, I would expect his brains to be picked with regards to the permanent manager.

46 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Docherty has won 6 league games all season.

Quite pathetic really that 6 wins in 22 games can have you sitting in the top half of the table.