20 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah his full conference is pretty much “we’re shite so it’s not my fault” and about how there’s not much he can do.

Gave off distinct vibes of being sold a story about an under performing high standard team just needing guidance…

Yup sold the underperforming story yet the league doesn’t lie. 
We are so heavily invested in the 3-5-2 formation we don’t have wingers. 

Like folk have said he's probably looking for a reaction from the players with the challenging of leaders in the team etc.

It's a very big next three games that effectively that effectively shapes the end to our season, we could either be in a semi and fighting for Europe or have the players on holiday mode early "fighting for top 6" depending on how it goes.

Wonder if we somehow manage to sneak Europe (either by Scottish Cup or realistically 4th) that he'd fancy a crack at it next season, I think he would but otherwise it's a short term deal.

Notice in interviews that he always refers to Alan and Dave. Never Gunn. Is it only me that thinks that’s very odd given that it’s Gunn that’s in charge of football operations. I had been told that we would be looking to appoint someone new to run the football department but right now I’m wondering if Gunn is even still at club? 

13 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Like folk have said he's probably looking for a reaction from the players with the challenging of leaders in the team etc.

It's a very big next three games that effectively that effectively shapes the end to our season, we could either be in a semi and fighting for Europe or have the players on holiday mode early "fighting for top 6" depending on how it goes.

Wonder if we somehow manage to sneak Europe (either by Scottish Cup or realistically 4th) that he'd fancy a crack at it next season, I think he would but otherwise it's a short term deal.

Don’t think he’d stay.

He said as much in  the interview by saying he doesn’t miss the travelling, hotels etc.

4 month jobs are enough for him 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t think he’d stay.

He said as much in  the interview by saying he doesn’t miss the travelling, hotels etc.

4 month jobs are enough for him 

Although he did say he wishes he'd arrived 2 years ago (so do I, we wouldn't have subsequently endured Glass, Goodwin and Robson) and had the chance to build the team up.

41 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

5 league games to play before the cup quarter final min

Just now, DD1903 said:

He’s just saying what a lot of us have been saying for months…

Aye we struggle to field a starting line up that doesn't have glaring weaknesses let alone have a good squad. 

Rather than focusing on how much we've spent as if that automatically means we have a good squad we've maybe just got to accept that a lot of the money has been squandered. 

48 minutes ago, slippers said:

Notice in interviews that he always refers to Alan and Dave. Never Gunn. Is it only me that thinks that’s very odd given that it’s Gunn that’s in charge of football operations. I had been told that we would be looking to appoint someone new to run the football department but right now I’m wondering if Gunn is even still at club? 

Gunn was quoted when we announced the new Head of Recruitment 

Agree though 

The fact we have an external company conducting the review speaks volumes 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

He’s just saying what a lot of us have been saying for months…

I think the Bonnyrigg game has surprised him as to how bad we are.

Albeit, he has rightly said getting through these games is all that matters.

The next two are a good barometer for him to judge where we’re at, but I think he’s already got a few sussed. 

The fact we never got him in after the St Mirren humping on 30/12, to give him a chance to bring in 2/3 players to balance the squad in the transfer window is rank bad management from Gunn, Cormack etc & I think it’ll cost us European football ultimately (we ain’t winning the Cup as we’ll almost certainly have to beat one or both of the scum in Glasgow). 

And I reckon we’ll be 6th in the league. 

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a long odds outside chance but I still think if he manages to win us the Cup he might well fancy a bit of a longer stint. And it would be difficult for Cormack to say "no"

He may well do. But surely we would reject the notion? Mental if he gets the job long term. 

it would be utterly pointless to appoint Warnock long term whatever results he gets. He has no interest in a long term stay, it's just a hobby for him. If he is successful then he may take one more job closer to home. For us it would be stupid, Warnock is here to steady the ship nothing more.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think the Bonnyrigg game has surprised him as to how bad we are.

Albeit, he has rightly said getting through these games is all that matters.

The next two are a good barometer for him to judge where we’re at, but I think he’s already got a few sussed. 

The fact we never got him in after the St Mirren humping on 30/12, to give him a chance to bring in 2/3 players to balance the squad in the transfer window is rank bad management from Gunn, Cormack etc & I think it’ll cost us European football ultimately (we ain’t winning the Cup as we’ll almost certainly have to beat one or both of the scum in Glasgow). 

And I reckon we’ll be 6th in the league. 

100% correct. Sacking Robson so late makes zero sense. If we lose tomorrow we are in the shite. Equally if we can win our next couple games I will confident about 4th. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, slippers said:

100% correct. Sacking Robson so late makes zero sense. If we lose tomorrow we are in the shite. Equally if we can win our next couple games I will confident about 4th. 

I just don’t think we’ve showed that we are good enough to go on a good run in the next (10?) games before the split.

We should beat Motherwell tomorrow, but I am not overly confident we will. 
And the likes of Killie & St Mirren away coming up, even less so. 

The big doubt that I had with Warnock was that once the  fanfare and media hype surrounding his appointment had died down he then may realise the fire and passion he has for the game just isn’t there anymore.  His tone and demeanour at today’s presser has me worried.  It does seem that he’s realised that  the squad is woefully imbalanced and simply not good enough in certain areas.  After the circus of last week, I have an awfully bad feeling as to how this is all going to turn out.    

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I just don’t think we’ve showed that we are good enough to go on a good run in the next (10?) games before the split.

We should beat Motherwell tomorrow, but I am not overly confident we will. 
And the likes of Killie & St Mirren away coming up, even less so. 

Yeah I agree but we don’t have a tactically hopeless manager now. So a bit of hope. I still think we have a team easily good enough for top 4 but serious doubts on lack of wingers as we all said back in summer. If back 5 dosnt work what will we play…

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yeah I agree but we don’t have a tactically hopeless manager now. So a bit of hope. I still think we have a team easily good enough for top 4 but serious doubts on lack of wingers as we all said back in summer. If back 5 dosnt work what will we play…

Totally agree, I reckon we do have a team capable of beating most of the league, and we also have the best striker in the league, we just needed a manager who is tactically aware, and we do seem to have someone who knows the game inside out,  fingers are crossed that Warnock has enough time to make the difference to get them going.

Our board are fucking useless.

Any news or reports from this audit of the operations within the club?

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Cormack and the tight arse cunts not sacking Robson sooner have fucked our season.

Its mad how right we have been throughout this season. Warnock saw exactly what we've seen after a week is my guess.

Shambolic from the board. AGAIN.

It's criminal from the board to act so late in the window and leave the incoming manager with no chance to bring in any players.  If you're going to sack a manager, sack him at the start of the window.  They should have had an expected level of performance and results in place to judge Robson by at the beginning of January and if he hadn't hit those targets, bin him.  It's as if they were assessing him result by result then panicked at the last minute.

I can't help but think the postponement of the Dundee & Motherwell games played a part in this.  If we'd played them at the scheduled time and done badly they might have binned him earlier, giving Warnock at least part of the window.

1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

It's criminal from the board to act so late in the window and leave the incoming manager with no chance to bring in any players.  If you're going to sack a manager, sack him at the start of the window.  They should have had an expected level of performance and results in place to judge Robson by at the beginning of January and if he hadn't hit those targets, bin him.  It's as if they were assessing him result by result then panicked at the last minute.

I can't help but think the postponement of the Dundee & Motherwell games played a part in this.  If we'd played them at the scheduled time and done badly they might have binned him earlier, giving Warnock at least part of the window.

We shouldn't be surprised given the stupid cunts did the same routine last season.

Shambles.

13 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think you over estimate the abilities of our squad. Also, as Warnock points out, there is very little bite in the team. If my back was against the wall I wouldn't put much faith in Polvara, Jensen etc to be pulling it out the fire. 

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I think you over estimate the abilities of our squad. Also, as Warnock points out, there is very little bite in the team. If my back was against the wall I wouldn't put much faith in Polvara, Jensen etc to be pulling it out the fire. 

Yeah I get that but Polvara and Jensen start for every team in the bottom 6 is more my thinking so why can’t we beat them all those teams. My main gripe is lack of wingers.