56 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

kinda makes sense even though the optics are bad.

the squad clearly needs something of a rebuild this summer and given we kinda botched last offseason we needed a full-time manager in now to get that ball rolling. if that manager is available then do it now. 

With a key mid week game coming?

I was all for Warnock coming in as interim but it feels a bit wild that folk have just witnessed him get pretty much zero reaction from the squad, win two of his eight games (none in the league) and oversee our slide into a potential relegation battle and yet still reckon he should stay on as an advisor or in some other capacity. We should be drawing a line under this.

Warno will be on talksport soon to reveal all hopefully.

Why didnt they atleast wait until Monday to lessen the negative impact and let the players/fans enjoy the result for a change. 

Cormacks a redneck fucking simpleton just like Wiggy. 

I can see Lennon or Robinson coming in. 

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Clearly planned. Either that or the social media and club website guys (with quote from Cormack) work very quickly. 

Aye, it was clearly planned that he was stepping aside and what Cormack would say etc, that would be all ready to go.

What I'm getting at though is, in response to your questioning the actual timing, was it him announcing it a bit early to be on the front foot with it all? To get his spin on it first as he's got all the press falling over themselves to get his take on it all. I can't imagine Cormack telling him "announce to the press you're off, whether we win or lose, as you're walking up the tunnel". 

For me Wednesday is the ultimate definition of a "must win game" if we have any slim hopes of getting top 6.

But we'd probably need Ross County to beat Hibs for that to happen.

If we lose and Hibs win we'll be 10 points off 6th with only 12 remaining.

If we win and Hibs win we will be 7 points off 6th with only 12 remaining.

We need to hope we win and Hibs lose as that would only be 4 points difference but we'd still be just 9th

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What do you mean?

We are appointing a new manager very early next week

That's why warnocks going 

Nah. The timing is bullcrap. If the new manager isn’t ready to start right away, it’s very silly to announce Warnock’s departure instead of milking the first good result in months. He was leaving after today’s game regardless of the outcome. It’s a circus.

• Upvote 3
19 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Nah. The timing is bullcrap. If the new manager isn’t ready to start right away, it’s very silly to announce Warnock’s departure instead of milking the first good result in months. He was leaving after today’s game regardless of the outcome. It’s a circus.

I agree

That's why I think the new man's in Monday

No?

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I agree

That's why I think the new man's in Monday

No?

I hope you’re right

Just seems daft to make today all about Warnock leaving. He could’ve buggered off straight after full time and released the news as the new manager is announced, if Monday is realistic. The club have been backed into a corner and having to react rather than be in control of the recruitment process. They’re going to look really silly if there’s no announcement this week.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

I hope you’re right

Just seems daft to make today all about Warnock leaving. He could’ve buggered off straight after full time and released the news as the new manager is announced, if Monday is realistic. The club have been backed into a corner and having to react rather than be in control of the recruitment process. They’re going to look really silly if there’s no announcement this week.

Yep I agree

To be honest even if we do appoint someone Monday it's still weird announcing warnock going right after the whistle went

Unless it's a properly huge name and it is indeed Clarke

Haha imagine that 

Just now, englishred said:

I hope your right too.  Got a funny feeling though it could be a week or so away at the earliest

In that case yeah, it's absolutely bizarre

To be honest part of me was hoping we would get an announcement re the new guy tonight

55 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

For me Wednesday is the ultimate definition of a "must win game" if we have any slim hopes of getting top 6.

But we'd probably need Ross County to beat Hibs for that to happen.

If we lose and Hibs win we'll be 10 points off 6th with only 12 remaining.

If we win and Hibs win we will be 7 points off 6th with only 12 remaining.

We need to hope we win and Hibs lose as that would only be 4 points difference but we'd still be just 9th

How many points will we be behind if we

lose and hibs lose?