1 hour ago, Millertime said:

What do you mean?

We are appointing a new manager very early next week

That's why warnocks going 

Then why not keep Warnock till he's in? Someone still needs to take charge of the team until the new person is in. The statement said Leven would do that but why not just keep Warnock then instead of make another change? Depending on when that is, that could involve tactics/team selection for Dundee. 

Just seems an odd way of doing things and suspect we're not being given the full story.

3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Then why not keep Warnock till he's in? Someone still needs to take charge of the team until the new person is in. The statement said Leven would do that but why not just keep Warnock then instead of make another change? Depending on when that is, that could involve tactics/team selection for Dundee. 

Just seems an odd way of doing things and suspect we're not being given the full story.

I think it’s a combination of warnocks had enough and club were close to an appointment. I agree it’s weird how it’s done but guess that’s us generally now. 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

I think it’s a combination of warnocks had enough and club were close to an appointment. I agree it’s weird how it’s done but guess that’s us generally now. 

Even if club were close, Warnock walking means this new guy knows we're now fucked if it doesn't get over the line.

He can turn around and demand double the wages, a ten year contract, free rowies every day and Cormack to beg in a girl's voice.

• Haha 1

Cormacks decided midweek that we’re getting beat today so panics and kneejerks into telling Warnock its his last game cos theres a new guy coming in.

I get the feeling we’ve got someone lined up (according to Steve Tosh) whos still in a job. So nothings been agreed or signed so its still a maybe. Warnock knows this, hence his frustration today. 

The board are effectively sacking him and trying to dress it up as we’ve got a new guy coming in. Warnocks been around long enough to see that and so have we.

Cormacks made a cunt of it again. I fully expect the kneejerk decisions to carry on in earnest and it’ll be the likes of Robinson. I wouldnt be distraught with that tbh. Underwhelmed but it doesnt give me the fear. 

Im getting 2000 Neil Warnock face masks made for the final. 

1 minute ago, dave_c said:

Even if club were close, Warnock walking means this new guy knows we're now fucked if it doesn't get over the line.

He can turn around and demand double the wages, a ten year contract, free rowies every day and Cormack to beg in a girl's voice.

But who's to say it's not all been agreed.

7 hours ago, Patty said:

Haha. He looked toward the directors box at FT and shook his head. Obviously wasn’t happy and knew what was coming. 

I liked Warnock way more than Glass, Robson and fuckwit.

Why are some saying the new manager could be foreign (German)?

Klinny???

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

But who's to say it's not all been agreed.

True. Warnock said they'd decided a few days ago he was off though, so why wouldn't they just have announced the new guy last week? Sit in the stand for the cup game etc. 

On the other hand, maybe the club know it's definitely going ahead because the new guy is as desperate for a job as we are for a manager.

1 minute ago, dave_c said:

True. Warnock said they'd decided a few days ago he was off though, so why wouldn't they just have announced the new guy last week? Sit in the stand for the cup game etc. 

On the other hand, maybe the club know it's definitely going ahead because the new guy is as desperate for a job as we are for a manager.

Three  people off here have said tonight that compo was an issue but it's all sorted. 

So I'm expecting something tomorrow or Monday 🤞

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Three  people off here have said tonight that compo was an issue but it's all sorted. 

Im expecting you to receive disappointment 

5 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Makes sense. Fuck knows who we've unearthed though 

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

In that case yeah, it's absolutely bizarre

To be honest part of me was hoping we would get an announcement re the new guy tonight

If we don’t have someone showing up for work on Monday morning (and Leven is back taking training), the club will get slaughtered for this.  Kenny Miller and his pals will have a field day.

In Aberdeen's halls, where glory once gleamed, Neil Warnock strode, where dreams once seemed. But fate's cruel hand, with its unyielding grip, Now bids him adieu, from glory to slip.

With fervent passion, he led his clan, Through trials and triumphs, he was their man. Yet shadows loom, and whispers spread, As departure beckons, with a heavy tread.

Oh, Neil Warnock, with heart so bold, Your legacy etched in tales untold. Though storms may rage and fortunes sway, Your spirit lingers, in the hearts you sway.

Farewell to thee, with head held high, In the realm of football, you'll never die. Though departure looms, and tears may flow, Your name shall echo, wherever we go.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

If we don’t have someone showing up for work on Monday morning (and Leven is back taking training), the club will get slaughtered for this.  Kenny Miller and his pals will have a field day.

To be fair, do we really give a fuck what a gang of mentally-deficient, chronically nasal Weegies have to say about the club? 

"Haw man, they shidda pure gid Glass/Gidwin/Robson mer time, but, so theh shid. S'a disgress ra weh thev treatet the wee man"

They genuinely can't comprehend that we won't accept mediocrity and our 'place' in the scheme of things. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well that was an unexpected kick in the nads to get up to today. What a bizarre bit of timing. 

I'm assuming the reason it broke today is because if they are appointing someone next week they don't want his removal to interfere with press for the new guy. Plus he probably wants home to his garden and missus rather than hang around with no future here.

Well, he sent us out with a cracking win and a cup semi to 'look forward to' and a game-changer free signing for us imo. A winger. Whodathunkit...