15 hours ago, Patty said:

If the permanent manager is ready to come in then why do we need to make a statement about Leven resuming all first team responsibilities?

15 hours ago, True_Don said:

Terribly handled. Warnock said it was agreed mid week. Just wait until the new manager is secure and then make the announcement (if it is actually the case they have identified the manager).

Cormack has been too slow on Goodwin and Robson to make the decision, and so IF he has the new manager secured, fair enough. But badly handled none the less.

11 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Why didnt they atleast wait until Monday to lessen the negative impact and let the players/fans enjoy the result for a change. 

Cormacks a redneck fucking simpleton just like Wiggy. 

I can see Lennon or Robinson coming in. 

Just such a bizarre thing to do.

They'd have been as well announcing his resignation at half time.

Fucking mongs.

14 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Fucking mongs.

Presume when it was agreed he was going the club had little control over Warnock so ended up with this.

My view is that its a resignation and we are no where near an appointment

• Downvote 1
28 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Fucking mongs.

The impression I get is he thought fuck this after we lost last week and has struggled to get motivated. Hope for our sake we are further down the line with a new appointment but it’s strange if so because warnock was meant to be here until end of season? 

something odd about it all.

The total waste of money due to mismanagement is insane. 

Id like to know how much Cormack’s mismanagement has cost us since he arrived. Couldn’t be cheap paying off Glass, Goodwin, Robson and now Warnock.
Then we have the sub standard players we need to ship out, Stewart, Richardson, Jensen, Morris etc.

Enough money there to bring in a decent calibre of player to compete. 

Aye Cormack, you’ve fucked up big time.

37 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Still cant get my head round this one.  Our club must have a Netflix documentary series being made this season.  Proper mental time at AFC.

I'm starting to think that Chairman Dave is that much of a narcissist that he is doing this shit on purpose so he gets his 5 minutes of fame and soundbites.

He knew Warnock would bring lots of attention, which would result in him getting more attention. In an ideal world we would hear fuck all from him.

2 minutes ago, buchanskii said:

I'm starting to think that Chairman Dave is that much of a narcissist that he is doing this shit on purpose so he gets his 5 minutes of fame and soundbites.

He knew Warnock would bring lots of attention, which would result in him getting more attention. In an ideal world we would hear fuck all from him.

I think he knew he was an experienced manager with a strong track record of rescuing struggling teams. 

58 minutes ago, RUL said:

The impression I get is he thought fuck this after we lost last week and has struggled to get motivated. Hope for our sake we are further down the line with a new appointment but it’s strange if so because warnock was meant to be here until end of season? 

something odd about it all.

I could've seen the new permanent manager coming in with say 3 games to go if there was nothing left to play for - ie we're sitting 7th or 8th with no chance of relegation, and out of the cup. Makes sense to just bring in the new guy to assess things. But in a cup semi final and relegation dogfight it does seem a bizzare time to make the change.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

Still cant get my head round this one.  Our club must have a Netflix documentary series being made this season.  Proper mental time at AFC.

It is absolutely Sunderland stuff.

Cormack and Methven twa peas in a pod.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Think his comments along the lines of wishing he’d been here for a couple of transfer windows are odd, he’s obviously not done enough to merit being given any sort of chance long term 

I think he meant that he would have liked to have brought in some of his own type of players so he could have done a better job for us and built us a better team to leave behind. 

Nothing odd about it at all. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he meant that he would have liked to have brought in some of his own type of players so he could have done a better job for us and built us a better team to leave behind. 

Nothing odd about it at all. 

Appreciate that, he’s not been given that chance though, he hasn’t done a good enough job for management to even think that that might be an option 

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Appreciate that, he’s not been given that chance though, he hasn’t done a good enough job for management to even think that that might be an option 

Didn't say he did.  He was just reflecting and saying he would have liked to have got here sooner so he would have had longer to work with the team up to this point 

7 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

In Aberdeen's halls, where glory once gleamed, Neil Warnock strode, where dreams once seemed. But fate's cruel hand, with its unyielding grip, Now bids him adieu, from glory to slip.

With fervent passion, he led his clan, Through trials and triumphs, he was their man. Yet shadows loom, and whispers spread, As departure beckons, with a heavy tread.

Oh, Neil Warnock, with heart so bold, Your legacy etched in tales untold. Though storms may rage and fortunes sway, Your spirit lingers, in the hearts you sway.

Farewell to thee, with head held high, In the realm of football, you'll never die. Though departure looms, and tears may flow, Your name shall echo, wherever we go.

If you made that up from scratch, Kudos. But it'll be lost on an awfy lot of remedials on here.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the speed of Warnock's departure for us.

He just got us into the semi of the Scottish Cup against a team who was very hard to beat.

And now we will never hear from him again no doubt.

No send off from fans in the stadium...no stadium announcement.

I mean he inherited shite and hasn't done too bad a job and as another poster mentioned, his only signing was our best player.

I kinda really liked the guy and wish him all the best.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

He just got us into the semi of the Scottish Cup against a team who was very hard to beat.

I mean he inherited shite and hasn't done too bad a job and as another poster mentioned, his only signing was our best player.

And that's you blocked too

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, HaarDon said:

Same could have been said if we sacked Robson after the good display at County. However, those kind of performances were few and far between. Warnock's results in the league and the teams performances have regressed. If he had done due diligence before picking the wrong line ups in his opening games, we might be in a better place.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

LOL We will definitely hear from him again! In fact, by this time next year I reckon we’ll be sick of hearing from him!

This will be fodder for him to regale anecdotes on low brow radio shows and podcasts for the next few years, during his retirement tour!

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

LOL We will definitely hear from him again! In fact, by this time next year I reckon we’ll be sick of hearing from him!

This will be fodder for him to regale anecdotes on low brow radio shows and podcasts for the next few years, during his retirement tour!

Sadly agree with that. It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say (at first)

12 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Trying too hard. 0/10.

• Dildo 1

It’s a bit of a shame he didn’t get at least one win in the league in those first few games, I think we’d have picked up after the first win but now we’ll never find out.

I don’t really know why but I still quite like the guy and I hope he has complimentary things to say about the club and fans going forward and we hear no more of this Scottish team being the Huns pish.

11 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Warnock was a panic appointment, just as his departure has been. The most important appointment a chairman / owner makes is the manager and Cormack keeps getting it wrong. The results were very poor under Warnock until yesterday. I wonder what has changed with the incoming manager that they are available now but were not available in January? 

That being said…

Everyone is doing what they always do and assuming the absolute worst possible of our club.

The PR aspect is shite but IF we appoint a really good new manager next week then it’s fair enough jumping horses right now.

Big “IF”

Let’s not listen to the media mouthpieces who love to make a mountain out of a molehill and get a dig at the club whenever they can.

Any chance Warnock is walking away from us because he's been tapped up for an English Championship rescue job?

It looks incredibly tight down there and could well imagine one or two chairmen are getting a bit twitchy about avoiding impending relegation, and that's his advertised speciality after all...