38 minutes ago, Helmet said:

It’s a bit of a shame he didn’t get at least one win in the league in those first few games, I think we’d have picked up after the first win but now we’ll never find out.

I don’t really know why but I still quite like the guy and I hope he has complimentary things to say about the club and fans going forward and we hear no more of this Scottish team being the Huns pish.

Why wouldn't you like him though?

Top guy and just a shame he wasn't brought in before the window or even a year or two ago

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Any chance Warnock is walking away from us because he's been tapped up for an English Championship rescue job?

It looks incredibly tight down there and could well imagine one or two chairmen are getting a bit twitchy about avoiding impending relegation, and that's his advertised speciality after all...

Aye there about 6 points from mid table to relegation...Back to Huddersfield?

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he meant that he would have liked to have brought in some of his own type of players so he could have done a better job for us and built us a better team to leave behind. 

Nothing odd about it at all. 

I know, but he had a team that played well enough yesterday to put a high flying (for them) Killie team out of the cup. A fairly competent performance, a 'play like that until the end of season and we will be alright type of performance'. How come he couldn't get a single win in his 6 league games out of that same team?

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I could've seen the new permanent manager coming in with say 3 games to go if there was nothing left to play for - ie we're sitting 7th or 8th with no chance of relegation, and out of the cup. Makes sense to just bring in the new guy to assess things. But in a cup semi final and relegation dogfight it does seem a bizzare time to make the change.

I understand what you are saying min.

However, as you know, it was a pleasant surprise getting through the tie yesterday to reach the SC semi-finals based on how poorly we've performed in the league, with the recent away match against Kilmarnock being the worst ouy of the six league games Warnock has presided over.

Warnock has led us deeper into relegation territory and that's a fact that cannot be overlooked.

The word was he was going to be here until April at least, so I don't think it'll do any harm getting shot of him now, and get a new manager appointed this week, providing that happens, of course.

It's amazing how well the players performed yesterday, knowing that the match was going to be his last in charge before kick-off. Actually playing the starting personnel in their natural positions and a formation to suit helped as well. 

It was like the players had inherited a freedom that has not been evident in their play for a long time. 👍

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It's amazing how well the players performed yesterday, knowing that the match was going to be his last in charge before kick-off. Actually playing the starting personnel in their natural positions and a formation to suit helped as well. 

It was like the players had inherited a freedom that has not been evident in their play for a long time. 👍

Indeed. Roll on Wednesday night.

4 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Indeed. Roll on Wednesday night.

Fucking right min. Don't think we have NY new injury worries, so we might as well go with te same starting XI as yesterday against Dundee.

Hopefully, between now and the time of the match, if rain falls on Dens Park that DFC have a contingency plan in place to get the surface water off their bloody park and avoid the absolute joke of what happened just before Christmas.

25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I understand what you are saying min.

However, as you know, it was a pleasant surprise getting through the tie yesterday to reach the SC semi-finals based on how poorly we've performed in the league, with the recent away match against Kilmarnock being the worst ouy of the six league games Warnock has presided over.

Warnock has led us deeper into relegation territory and that's a fact that cannot be overlooked.

The word was he was going to be here until April at least, so I don't think it'll do any harm getting shot of him now, and get a new manager appointed this week, providing that happens, of course.

Did the players know he was leaving?

11 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Think we all would but he’s not a bad manager. Inherited a brutal situation & squad.

He nailed it, albeit diplomatically, when he said he wished he was here for a year AND had two transfer windows. To pull the plug on Robson after the window closed was idiotic on the FMB's part. 

I wish Warnock all the best, whatever he does, but it's clear there's more to this, as the timing is lousy, with a permanent appointment not even confirmed. 

19 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Superb honest opinion from him.

Top bloke wish him all the best.

He was honest min and, less arrogant and self-gracious in the interview which was a complete turnaround from the edginess, arrogance, and irresponsibility aired in his previous interviews whilst our manager. 

Too little, too late though.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

It would have been funny if he had named the fair few keyboard warriors he was alluding to and backed it up with a middle finger.

It would've been funny and I would have been delighted to get a mention in his last interview, accompanied with a middle finger gesture. 

Acknowledgement is always good old-fashioned manners n my book.👍

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Crazy to see the cunts still sticking up for Warnock. 

The whole episode has been an embarrassment to the club and that wanker has left us in the shit by running away. An absolute cunt of a guy. Fuck him. 

Absolutely. Glad he’s gone and quite frankly wish he’d never come. Shite manager. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1