The back 5 came in with Robson/Agnew so it could have been Agnew as well.Tbf it worked well with the players we had at the time and gave us the 7 match unbeaten run.Didnt work so well this season without Mcrorie Pollock Scales Ramadani and an inspired Roos this season though.I did notice Warnock said in one of his first interviews he was most successful at clubs where he had a good relationship with the chairman. He also highlighted the importance of recruitment. Been interesting who he would have taken in judging by Hoilett. 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think he's been a wanker his whole career, he was completely ill-suited to the role he took on (I've outlined why previously), I think he was a wanker while here and I think he done a terrible job. He's now ran away, failing to see out the job he'd agreed to do, and left us a bit in the shit (unless we have a manager ready to go before dundee game, then he escapes that criticism).  

We're a shambles all over the shop, I get that, but I seriously don't get why people are excusing Warnock's abysmal contribution (most folk actually seem to be supporting him) also. 

Because people are absolutely fed up with the folk in charge of the club and want the main attention to be on them imposters. Warnock is a small piece in this, there is much bigger issues.

• Upvote 6
6 minutes ago, Saturday's Kid said:

Assuming his contract was up to 31st May he was in post for only 35 out of 118 days or 30% of the duration.

Can any of the ITK people advise if he forfeited 70% of his remuneration?

He resigned. Wouldn’t have been paid fully.

5 minutes ago, Saturday's Kid said:

Assuming his contract was up to 31st May he was in post for only 35 out of 118 days or 30% of the duration.

Can any of the ITK people advise if he forfeited 70% of his remuneration?

He did, in fact he put his match win bonus for Saturday into the pot for the bairns Christmas party. Salt of the earth. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Because people are absolutely fed up with the folk in charge of the club and want the main attention to be on them imposters. Warnock is a small piece in this, there is much bigger issues.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

This.  With knobs on.

A guy with 30 years experience managing in the game couldn't get a tune out of us.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Warnock doesn't suffer fools, sadly we are ran by one and had that fool not been dictating things out with his expertise, maybe Warnock would have got on a bit better.

Too easy to blame the manager. Whatever people think of Warnock l cannot see him leaving in the way he did other than as you say because of the idiots running the club. People have blamed Glass, Goodwin, Robson being too inexperienced, you cannot level that at Warnock. The fact is Cormack is a dictator - it is his way or no way. Chief Executive, Head of Football Operations, Technical Director. I suspect none of them can do anything with Cormack’s say so. We cannot afford to field a reserve team but can waste money on sacking managers, paying massive sums of money to Warnock yet as a club we keeping going backwards both on and off the pitch. 
If Cormack ran his businesses like he does the football club god knows where he would be. 
When you think things cannot get worse, they do!!

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think he's been a wanker his whole career, he was completely ill-suited to the role he took on (I've outlined why previously), I think he was a wanker while here and I think he done a terrible job. He's now ran away, failing to see out the job he'd agreed to do, and left us a bit in the shit (unless we have a manager ready to go before dundee game, then he escapes that criticism).  

We're a shambles all over the shop, I get that, but I seriously don't get why people are excusing Warnock's abysmal contribution (most folk actually seem to be supporting him) also. 

That's pretty unfair Park.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Wanker his whole career you say.😅

Has more promotions than any other manager,8 in total,3 to the EPL.

And also came in and saved 3 other clubs from relegation.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Maybe I'm wrong Ernie but every one of them has played the 3/5 at the back rubbish, Robson never played that with the youths then came in and played it, just something I find odd and it makes me wonder if our chairman is the one wants that formation as Warnock had rarely ever used it until he came here.

I totally agree with you re Cormack dictating the 3/5 at the back. The more l see things the more the so called style of play/philosophy the club want to adopt comes from Cormack. He will get away with that with inexperienced managers - which we don’t need and won’t get away with it when trying to appoint an experienced manager- which we do need. 
l do worry any decent manager will not be interested in our job if their success will depend on following Cormack’s football strategies.Cormack runs the club on the back of the money he has not his football knowledge.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Patty said:

It was that fucking turkey toothed idiot Cormack that mentioned not doing walking away. But just you let an interim manager distract you from the real problem at the club. 

Don't be daft. I know where the problem lies at the club right now. I stand by everything I said there though. 

Why do you think the idiot came out with the stupid walking away statement? Cause he knew the other idiot Warnock was about to, maybe? 

15 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Don't be daft. I know where the problem lies at the club right now. I stand by everything I said there though. 

Why do you think the idiot came out with the stupid walking away statement? Cause he knew the other idiot Warnock was about to, maybe? 

Well in that case Turkey Teeth has made himself and the club look like a right joke, eh?

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I think Warnock used it because he didn't have the players available to play any other formation really.

A glaring failure of our summer recruitment

It worked well on Saturday as the team was set up in 4-4-1-1 formation and, over the piece, it worked well.

It's amazing what you can do with a team when you play footballers in their natural, most comfortable positions and set up the team to accommodate this.

Sorry min, but I don't buy into the fallacy he never had the players available, as this season, very surprisingly, we have had very few long-term injuries to our players which has/had resulted in them not being available for selection for several matches.

A good manager should be able to identify what his players' best positions are and how to set up his team on a matchday accordingly.

Warnock in his very first interview said that our squad was "light in a few areas". Right from the off by using this phrase, he was slyly trying to absolve himself of any blame which may happen (and unfortunately did) in future games during his brief tenure. 

Furthermire, followed by quotes of "they're too nice", "too soft", "there is no togetherness in the squad", and "there not my type of players" after defeats at Kilmarnock and St. Mirren, he was yet again deflecting the blame for the poor league results and performances from himself on to the players. 

Pathetic and very cowardly management.

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It worked well on Saturday as the team was set up in 4-4-1-1 formation and, over the piece, it went well.

It's amazing what you can do with a team when you play footballers in their natural, most comfortable positions and set up the team to accommodate this.

Sorry min, but I don't buy into the fallacy he never had the players available, as this season, very surprisingly, we have had very few long-term injuries to our players which has/had resulted in them not being available for selection for several matches.

A good manager should be able to identify what his players' best positions are and how to set up his team on a matchday accordingly.

Warnock in his very first interview said that our squad was "light in a few areas". Right from the off by using this phrase, he was slyly trying to absolve himself of any blame which may happen (and unfortunately did) in future games during his brief tenure. 

Furthermire, followed by quotes of "they're too nice", "too soft", "there is no togetherness in the squad", and "there not my type of players" after defeats at Kilmarnock and St. Mirren, he was yet again deflecting the blame for the poor league results and performances from himself on to the players. 

Pathetic and very cowardly management.

You just plain ignoring injuries he had to contend with and illness for the Motherwell game.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

You just plain ignoring injuries he had to contend with and illness for the Motherwell game.

Fair enough he had that to contend with injuries and illness to certain personnel  for that particular match min, but it doesn't excuse him for setting up the starting XI that night in such haphazard, bewildering fashion. 

Ok, he corrected the error of his ways by way of making two first half substitutions when we were 3-0 down, but it was one he got away with big time thanks to the players on the pitch bailing him out.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fair enough he had that to contend with injuries and illness to certain personnel  for that particular match min, but it doesn't excuse him for setting up the starting XI that night in such haphazard, bewildering fashion. 

Ok, he corrected the error of his ways by way of making two first half substitutions when we were 3-0 down, but it was one he got away with big time thanks to the players on the pitch bailing him out.

He was just in the door so didn't know much, he'll have leaned on those around the club for advice on what to play, there's no way someone who has managed over 1600 games and rarely used a 3-5-2 just jumps in and does that.

I'd also say that until he got Hoilett in then getting him up to speed he didn't have the players to play the 4-3-3 with full confidence. 

Heard from a few reliable sources the players are utter melons.

Nae happy at being made to train twice a day by the Wardog and such other nonsense. 

Who the fuck do these guys think they are? Different if you're a successful team and someone is shaking it up and not getting the results but when you're absolutely garbage as they have been, I don't understand the issue to be honest.  

Imagine having to work for more than 2 hours a day 😂

Kin hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, minijc said:

He was just in the door so didn't know much, he'll have leaned on those around the club for advice on what to play, there's no way someone who has managed over 1600 games and rarely used a 3-5-2 just jumps in and does that.

I'd also say that until he got Hoilett in then getting him up to speed he didn't have the players to play the 4-3-3 with full confidence. 

His record will show he never won a league game and put us in a worse position. Admittedly he was on a hiding to nothing but the jolly don't give a toss demeanour and roasting an already demoralised team in public didn't help.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

His record will show he never won a league game and put us in a worse position. Admittedly he was on a hiding to nothing but the jolly don't give a toss demeanour and roasting an already demoralised team in public didn't help.

Aye he was here for a jolly, dismal Aberdeen in the winter, earning half the money he was offered a few weeks previously to manage at a bigger club in a better league, nice and easy up here.

• Upvote 4
4 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Warnock was a fucking disaster. Absolute clown of a man imo, ego first everything else second. With hindsight It was a massive mistake hiring him in the first place, some of the worst performances and results of the season under him, he didn't win a single fucking league game and the players only seemed to perform in the knowledge he was off. He definitely does 'do walking away' the fucking loser. What was that about him being a hun?

There were far worse performances and results this season. Didn’t take long for the mask to slip with hun statement from you did it?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ahhh. Someone else's fault, still. Not Warnock's. The guy who made Robson's team worse. Can't possibly be to blame one bit. 

lol because Robsons team was so great 🤷🏻‍♂️he came in and the team are a lopsided joke with players who haven’t the heart for a fight. He was able to bring in a free agent who he is pals with and he’s looked better than most of what we already have.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Got us into a cup semi. Killie have absolutely owned us this season but we were great on Saturday. Unless you’re not bothered about us trying to win silverware? Is the top 6 more important this season?

3 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

And a cup semi. Assume you’re not bothered about winning things though?

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Signing Junior Hoilett was the only plus point of his reign. 

He identified we had a lack of quality in our available wingers by then recruiting Hoilett, and whilst it has took him a while to get up to speed, he certainly looked the part on Saturday. 

It still never stopped him having an unwarranted dig at supporters by saying the reason why Shayden Morris hasn't started a game since the Motherwell was to protect him from the abuse received from AFC supporters. Fuck off, you condescending prick.

Yet another deflective tactic (and rhetoric) needlessly used by Warnock.

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He identified we had a lack of quality in our available wingers by then recruiting Hoilett, and whilst it has took him a while to get up to speed, he certainly looked the part on Saturday. 

It still never stopped him having an unwarranted dig at supporters by saying the reason why Shayden Morris hasn't started a game since the Motherwell was to protect him from the abuse received from AFC supporters. Fuck off, you condescending prick.

Our supporters are the worst in the country for abusing our own players, Morris was getting horrific abuse, some of it racist as reported here on this forum, so the only prick here is you 👍🏻

Actually can’t believe the brass neck on you tbh. Warnock does the right thing by the player yet you are somehow astounded by this.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

There's fuck all wrong with that, he's absolutely right the way our fans are, some of them especially are fucking horrific as was seen when Warnock was down the road for some medical appointments and folk were slaughtering him as well.

• Upvote 2