1 minute ago, minijc said:

There's fuck all wrong with that, he's absolutely right the way our fans are, some of them especially are fucking horrific as was seen when Warnock was down the road for some medical appointments and folk were slaughtering him as well.

Morris had to delete his social media because of the mongs in our support. He was getting abuse before the games even started, absolutely ridiculous. 

It’s like some fans are too thick to understand that a lot of players need confidence and backing to get the most out of them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Aye he was here for a jolly, dismal Aberdeen in the winter, earning half the money he was offered a few weeks previously to manage at a bigger club in a better league, nice and easy up here.

You were never shy of putting the boot into Robson, which I admit was warranted. But you appear to ignore the fact we were just as bad under Warnock. Maybe you feel you have to back Warnock because you touted him for the job?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, minijc said:

There's fuck all wrong with that, he's absolutely right the way our fans are, some of them especially are fucking horrific as was seen when Warnock was down the road for some medical appointments and folk were slaughtering him as well.

From this morning's P&J article...

"The former Cardiff City and QPR boss’ family are also thought to have been concerned with the heavy criticism Warnock was receiving, prompting him to ask Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack if he could step aside on Thursday last week."

2 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

"The former Cardiff City and QPR boss’ family are also thought to have been concerned with the heavy criticism Warnock was receiving, prompting him to ask Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack if he could step aside on Thursday last week."

Our fans being abusive arseholes? I’m shocked 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Our supporters are the worst in the country for abusing our own players, Morris was getting horrific abuse, some of it racist as reported here on this forum, so the only prick here is you 👍🏻

Actually can’t believe the brass neck on you tbh. Warnock does the right thing by the player yet you are somehow astounded by this.

Most AFC players get stick from our supporters, some worse than others. 

Chris Maguire, Darren Mackie, Richard Foster, and Stuart Duff are just 4 off the top of my head that received vitriol on a regular basis on matchdays, home, away, and in Europe.

However, they still continued to be selected when available, of course. Whilst we can argue you a toss about the reasons why that was and if it was justified or not, at the end of the day they still gave there all for Aberdeen, trying to prove a point to the supporters giving them relentless grief that they were worthy of a starting place and game time.

My comment regarding Morris is hardly from someone that is a brass-necked prick, far from it. If you run a metal detector over me and find any brass, donate my body to Panda Rosa Metals.

Morris wasn't getting picked for our recent matches, since the Motherwell game, as he simply isn't good enough for us. End of.

It seems Warnock's resignation/leaving by mutual agreement has hit you particularly hard. Try to get some Diazepams down your throat to chill oot and in order think and act more rationally.

Take it from me, they do the business.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

Aye, that'll be the keyboard warriors he was talking about. There is constructive criticism and there is overstepping the mark. I would assume that he got more grief from the media to be honest as it was more vocal than on here. 

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

Maybe there is nothing wrong with that but indirectly blaming the supporters for Morris's lack of requisite ability, regardless of the grief Morris has been getting, was wrong.

I am in no way excusing or condoning the uncalled-for venom coming from the mouths of some of our supporters directed at Morris as some of it is brutal, however protecting the player will not help Morris try to prove his critics wrong. He can't do that if he's not selected, therefore doesn't play.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Aye, that'll be the keyboard warriors he was talking about. There is constructive criticism and there is overstepping the mark. I would assume that he got more grief from the media to be honest as it was more vocal than on here. 

He had nothing but praise for the fans.

P&J  making up shite.

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Correct. Some folk had a low opinion of him as a person which is fair enough but his time managing at Aberdeen can be filed under ‘ not enough time to make an impact’. 

A popular argument is "you're in the wrong job if you can't handle the pressure."

Imo the pressure of football shouldn't involve vile abuse unrelated to football.

48 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

His record will show he never won a league game and put us in a worse position. Admittedly he was on a hiding to nothing but the jolly don't give a toss demeanour and roasting an already demoralised team in public didn't help.

This is why I won't give 2 hoots about stopping posting on here

This level of drivel,  its preposterous and unfortunately these days, all to prevalent

I'm never going to change this person's mind, so why reply?

But if I don't reply, I get incredibly angry that stuff like this goes unchallenged

Hurry up Connor and leave so I can too

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
32 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

You were never shy of putting the boot into Robson, which I admit was warranted. But you appear to ignore the fact we were just as bad under Warnock. Maybe you feel you have to back Warnock because you touted him for the job?

Forgive me for thinking that a man who has managed in 1600+ games mainly at a higher level might be able to do a job if given time.   He came into a fucking disaster because we hired an absolute idiot as manager, some of the players were upset that Robson didn't get longer, that's the level of loser we have signed so for me, it didn't matter who came in, they would be up against it too.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Forgive me for thinking that a man who has managed in 1600+ games mainly at a higher level might be able to do a job if given time.   He came into a fucking disaster because we hired an absolute idiot as manager, some of the players were upset that Robson didn't get longer, that's the level of loser we have signed so for me, it didn't matter who came in, they would be up against it too.

It's OK mini, I forgive you. X

2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

It's OK mini, I forgive you. X

Thanks bbz.

I get people disliking him but some are acting as if the club was in a perfectly fine state when he arrived, it was a fucking shambles. 

This just further proves how terrible everything behind the scenes is, given his track record he's got results everywhere, we are the only place where he's gone "fuck this" and jumped ship, that's deeply fucking alarming.

• Upvote 2

I think Warnock came in and tried to diffuse the negativity surrounding the predicament we were in with a bit of light hearted humour. The problem was the media were all over him because they couldn't see any tactical improvement whatsoever. There are some on here who let's face it are a bit unhinged (and yes for some, I could be amongst them) but overall I thought the fans in general were respectful. 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Maybe there is nothing wrong with that but indirectly blaming the supporters for Morris's lack of requisite ability, regardless of the grief Morris has been getting, was wrong.

I am in no way excusing or condoning the uncalled-for venom coming from the mouths of some of our supporters directed at Morris as some of it is brutal, however protecting the player will not help Morris try to prove his critics wrong. He can't do that if he's not selected, therefore doesn't play.

Best to just abuse the genius out him 👍

9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I think he left the genius of which he purportedly possessed down at Fleetwood Town before moving to Aberdeen min.

Haha

Aye here - he's no Pele ✌️ 

But to Dad's Eyes - there's a serious lack o' love atm

Plenty reason for it - no arguments - but perhaps proactive exuberance is worth a bash 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It worked well on Saturday as the team was set up in 4-4-1-1 formation and, over the piece, it worked well.

It's amazing what you can do with a team when you play footballers in their natural, most comfortable positions and set up the team to accommodate this.

Sorry min, but I don't buy into the fallacy he never had the players available, as this season, very surprisingly, we have had very few long-term injuries to our players which has/had resulted in them not being available for selection for several matches.

A good manager should be able to identify what his players' best positions are and how to set up his team on a matchday accordingly.

Warnock in his very first interview said that our squad was "light in a few areas". Right from the off by using this phrase, he was slyly trying to absolve himself of any blame which may happen (and unfortunately did) in future games during his brief tenure. 

Furthermire, followed by quotes of "they're too nice", "too soft", "there is no togetherness in the squad", and "there not my type of players" after defeats at Kilmarnock and St. Mirren, he was yet again deflecting the blame for the poor league results and performances from himself on to the players. 

Pathetic and very cowardly management.

But actually true comments , plenty on her have voiced the same but the manager is not allowed to 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Most AFC players get stick from our supporters, some worse than others. 

Chris Maguire, Darren Mackie, Richard Foster, and Stuart Duff are just 4 off the top of my head that received vitriol on a regular basis on matchdays, home, away, and in Europe.

However, they still continued to be selected when available, of course. Whilst we can argue you a toss about the reasons why that was and if it was justified or not, at the end of the day they still gave there all for Aberdeen, trying to prove a point to the supporters giving them relentless grief that they were worthy of a starting place and game time.

My comment regarding Morris is hardly from someone that is a brass-necked prick, far from it. If you run a metal detector over me and find any brass, donate my body to Panda Rosa Metals.

Morris wasn't getting picked for our recent matches, since the Motherwell game, as he simply isn't good enough for us. End of.

It seems Warnock's resignation/leaving by mutual agreement has hit you particularly hard. Try to get some Diazepams down your throat to chill oot and in order think and act more rationally.

Take it from me, they do the business.

So because Stuart Duff got abuse it’s okay for all the players to get abuse? You think Chris Maguire gave his all for Aberdeen too? 

Also it’s clear the drugs have fucked your brain 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He hasn’t blamed the supporters for any perceived lack of ability, that’s you not being able to comprehend things properly which is hardly surprising given your drug addiction

1 hour ago, Medw1311 said:

Save for an obvious few dodgy shouts on 96 minutes onwards from the stands last week I doubt it was anything he hasn't heard before hence the keyboard warrior comment.  Whilst its no excuse in our modern woke world, blah blah blah, the fans are however right to protest not at Warnock per se but at the very least at the dire situation he was dropped into - shite squad, shite league position, zero confidence, window closed.  That was mental but I say again, not entirely Warnock's fault.