Skol Cup Final 1989

Looking for a wee bit of help here if possible. There’s a fella who is looking for a close up picture of the “squares” shirt we wore that day, specifically the “League Cup Final” embroidery just under the badge.

He does remakes, very good ones at that, and he wants to run that one soon. 

I can’t seem to find a clear enough image, so if anyone has one and can post it, that’d be great. 👍👍

2 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Looking for a wee bit of help here if possible. There’s a fella who is looking for a close up picture of the “squares” shirt we wore that day, specifically the “League Cup Final” embroidery just under the badge.

I can’t seem to find a clear enough image, so if anyone has one and can post it, that’d be great. 👍👍

Full match is  on YouTube...

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

spacer.png

• Upvote 3
18 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hey min , better warn him he's not to  make a fucking red up of that kit, like that cunts at dunotter whose eyes appear to be painted on.

His stuff is top notch bud, he’s just brought out the 1985 shirt, which I’ve seen others make an absolute mess of. Leighton’s 1983 jersey too.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of that Dunotter guy btw, I’m surprised to hear he’s still going. 

18 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

spacer.png

That’s pretty much the photo he showed me bud, all I said to him was that we lost that game, and he’d be better just putting 1989/90, because that’s the one we won, rather than 1987/88. I told him the size and font were exactly the same, but he still wants to see it.

Got to give him his due, he wants to get it spot on.

4 hours ago, AndrewC said:

His stuff is top notch bud, he’s just brought out the 1985 shirt, which I’ve seen others make an absolute mess of. Leighton’s 1983 jersey too.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of that Dunotter guy btw, I’m surprised to hear he’s still going. 

I've got the green and black Leighton top though not from him I don't think  

Can you ask him if the late 80s away white abtrust with the  shadow chevrons  and the 92 -94 home A fab one, those two never get reproduced for some reason 

45 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

That was my first kit as a loon. Didnt have the sponsor on it. You could get it ironed on at Crombies iirc. No way my folks were paying another £15 for that.

Strange deal that between umbro and JVC. 

Yep I wonder why that was the case was it to save fans money as we didn't have sponsor first season of that shirt, ?

And so rather than spend on new shirt by the iron on patch,

I wonder how many patches and shirts were ruined by fuck ups trying to apply it

On 2/10/2024 at 8:40 PM, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Full match is  on YouTube...

Thanks for posting that. It takes me back. I got enthralled watching it again tonight. It was interrupting my wife watching trigger point and She asked what it was I was watching. I told her it Aberdeen v rangers skol cup final. Not the one you fell asleep at my parents. The very one I said. 

I was meeting my wife's parents for the first time for a meal that night. I was bladder before the game and smuggled in a litre of rum and coke, into the game. By the time I got to her parents. (about 9.00pm) I was completely fucked.  When I tried to sit at the table, i missed the seat and ended up on the floor. She was mortified. 

Any how 35 years later we are still together and had a great laugh about it tonight. Cheers for the memories 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

Thanks for posting that. It takes me back. I got enthralled watching it again tonight. It was interrupting my wife watching trigger point and She asked what it was I was watching. I told her it Aberdeen v rangers skol cup final. Not the one you fell asleep at my parents. The very one I said. 

I was meeting my wife's parents for the first time for a meal that night. I was bladder before the game and smuggled in a litre of rum and coke, into the game. By the time I got to her parents. (about 9.00pm) I was completely fucked.  When I tried to sit at the table, i missed the seat and ended up on the floor. She was mortified. 

Any how 35 years later we are still together and had a great laugh about it tonight. Cheers for the memories 

Aww bless