Var errors

21 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

That Arsenal incident would be a penalty in Scotland for the top two. Absolutely no doubt about it.

I get the feeling it would be a pen against Aberdeen too.

Ref got it right. I heard Owen Hargreaves say that "it's a big decision for such a young ref."

What? Eh? What's the ref's age got to do with it? 

See also the manyoo Liverpool one to prove its not just an arse cheek problem, simply a ref under pressure problem.  I’ve slightly more sympathy there as (from memory) the manyoo boy makes a stupid challenge, doesn’t touch the ball and leaves his leg there for the Pool boy with the shite hair to, quite deliberately, go over.  What my old man calls a penalty for stupidity.

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Agree. The ref ordinarily doesn’t get involved in offsides once VAR poke their bugle in but on this occasion, if Hawkeye failed, they should have been put to the screen

Nope. Disagree. 

If the technology failed, they should go with the on field decision.

No point in asking the referee to go over & guess, same as the VAR tit MacDermid did 

• Upvote 7
37 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Compounds what we all said and suspected on the livi match thread. We should fucking sue.

they lied. Lines not required etc. this is a fucking joke..they didn’t have the tech working but still ruled against us..

It will be backed up with all sorts of legal protection like every other country, if there was a notion that a club could successfully make a legal challenge and win against VAR then you would think it would have happened by now. 

I was involved in a match recently with an almost identical situation. My team was defending and an attacker receiving a diagonal ball was a good 2-3yds offside. The ref didn’t give it. It didn’t lead to anything so all was good.

At the end of the match the ref came up to me & explained that the latest interpretation of the offside rule suggests that if the defender nearest the offside player made an attempt to play the ball (as they did in my example), it’s not offside. I found this peculiar but I was pleased the ref gave an explanation.

So using that example, even if Angus was offside (I don’t think he was), if the Livi player nearest him makes a motion as if trying to play the ball (looks like he made the slightest attempt), then Angus can’t be offside. Any ref-minded folk able to confirm this?

Just now, The Hulk said:

I was involved in a match recently with an almost identical situation. My team was defending and an attacker receiving a diagonal ball was a good 2-3yds offside. The ref didn’t give it. It didn’t lead to anything so all was good.

At the end of the match the ref came up to me & explained that the latest interpretation of the offside rule suggests that if the defender nearest the offside player made an attempt to play the ball (as they did in my example), it’s not offside. I found this peculiar but I was pleased the ref gave an explanation.

So using that example, even if Angus was offside (I don’t think he was), if the Livi player nearest him makes a motion as if trying to play the ball (looks like he made the slightest attempt), then Angus can’t be offside. Any ref-minded folk able to confirm this?

A ref at a Sunday league game 🤣

6 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

That’s ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Surely if technology had failed the VAR official should have asked the referee to look. How can the official over rule the infield decision on a guess?

In a nutshell that’s where we’ve gone wrong and, interestingly, diverged from the egg chasers.  I’ve called out refs for nigh on 45 years now.  I’ve always accepted they’re human and they see things once and in real time.

Unquestionably some are better at seeing certain things than others in seemingly random but yet remarkably similar circumstances.

The point being they were “allowed” those mistakes particularly before live tv broadcasting.  I’ve said from the start VAR don’t have that luxury.  If the technology’s working they can’t claim “I never seen it” as in old days.  And similarly you can’t pick and choose what you do and don’t see.  Sundays pish was just the latest in that, seeing the contact but ignoring the ball touch first?  Grow up.  Or come clean about your game becoming the scripted circus act it’s become.

And by the same token if your technology’s not working, don’t guess.  Quickly check the infield decision and without material cause to doubt it award it and move on.

There will still be mistakes made, particularly with the cheapo version we’ve got.  But as someone said above two wrongs never make a right.  Don’t make a wrong call and hope nobody notices.  Precisely because of VAR that won’t happen..

So the sfa are investigating why the technology failed but are they investigating why a decision was overturned on a guess?

Also, why did the sfa tell bbc scotland they would not provide sportscene with a picture showing the lines because there was no need as it was an obvious offside. Not that they couldn't because of system failure. 

Currupt, arse covering, incompetence at its finest.

• Upvote 3
53 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Scottish fitba can f*ck off. Overpriced, corrupt, amateur shite. I doubt I'll be paying to watch a game again any time soon. It's a chore just watching from the sofa these days.

£28 to watch a game on an amateur level pitch, with a dreadful standard of football, decided by a cheating official who didn’t follow laid down protocols that cost our team a victory.

The SFA can GTF 

• Upvote 2

From the SFA - “The Scottish FA has today received a report from Hawkeye on the incident that occurred at Livingston’s match against Aberdeen, which confirmed that the Broadcast 18-Yard Left Camera suffered a loss of calibration and ceased line tracking on the relevant video frame.

During the review, Hawkeye were able to reprocess the data through their system and draw the calibrated offside lines from the disallowed goal, which showed Angus MacDonald to be in an offside position.

The VAR made the decision using the technology that was available and this decision was validated by Hawkeye's retrospective recalibration conducted as part of their review.”

F’king making it up as they go along now!

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What do you expect them to do? Waste loads of money in a legal battle they won’t win? Take the ball and go home?

Maybe we should try and take it even further and risk a points deduction that will see us relegated. 

Bore off 

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The Scottish FA has today received a report from Hawkeye on the incident that occurred at Livingston’s match against Aberdeen, which confirmed that the Broadcast 18-Yard Left Camera suffered a loss of calibration and ceased line tracking on the relevant video frame.

During the review, Hawkeye were able to reprocess the data through their system and draw the calibrated offside lines from the disallowed goal, which showed Angus MacDonald to be in an offside position.

The VAR made the decision using the technology that was available and this decision was validated by Hawkeye's retrospective recalibration conducted as part of their review.

F’king making it up as they go along now!

Darryl Broadfoot trying his hardest to take the heat off the SFA.

1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

Are you not allowed to say fuk off anymore on here? 😅

I had a fantastic post deleted yesterday, giving some lad instructions on effective blocking of cunts and the sort. 

Gone. 

Not complaining, of course.