Var errors

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I was involved in a match recently with an almost identical situation. My team was defending and an attacker receiving a diagonal ball was a good 2-3yds offside. The ref didn’t give it. It didn’t lead to anything so all was good.

At the end of the match the ref came up to me & explained that the latest interpretation of the offside rule suggests that if the defender nearest the offside player made an attempt to play the ball (as they did in my example), it’s not offside. I found this peculiar but I was pleased the ref gave an explanation.

So using that example, even if Angus was offside (I don’t think he was), if the Livi player nearest him makes a motion as if trying to play the ball (looks like he made the slightest attempt), then Angus can’t be offside. Any ref-minded folk able to confirm this?

Angus MacDonald is onside as is Stefan Gartenmann when Leighton Clarkson floats in the free-kick.

The only player close to being deemed to be offside was Ester Sokler.

In the SFA statement of denial, they refer to Angus MacDonald being offside when unequivocally he is onside. 

It's all irrelevant anyway as once MacDonald plays in the lovely cross for Gartenmann"s header it enters the second phase of play, and when Bojan Miovski sublimely puts the ball it is in the third phase of play at that point.

The linesman has no qualms anouy the goal and the leadup to it whatsoever nor did the ref until a wee bird had a word in his ear to unlawfully chalk the goal off.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

From the SFA - “The Scottish FA has today received a report from Hawkeye on the incident that occurred at Livingston’s match against Aberdeen, which confirmed that the Broadcast 18-Yard Left Camera suffered a loss of calibration and ceased line tracking on the relevant video frame.

During the review, Hawkeye were able to reprocess the data through their system and draw the calibrated offside lines from the disallowed goal, which showed Angus MacDonald to be in an offside position.

The VAR made the decision using the technology that was available and this decision was validated by Hawkeye's retrospective recalibration conducted as part of their review.”

F’king making it up as they go along now!

They produced lines against Mikey Devlin who wasn’t even the deepest lying Livi player.

It was Mackay the no11 at the top of the picture.

Even when they’re lying to cover things up, they make an arse of it.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Fuck all to see here. Blatant guesswork & lies from the SFA as per. We can complain all we like. Nothing will change until Sevco decide otherwise. 

It would be great if someone said live on TV what would happen if it was Sevco! And got a reply from the cheats at SFA

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They produced lines against Mikey Devlin who wasn’t even the deepest lying Livi player.

It was Mackay the no11 at the top of the picture.

Even when they’re lying to cover things up, they make an arse of it.

As you look along the line of the picture it’s Sokler, Gartenman, Miovski,  Mackay (livi) then Macdonald isn’t it?

I am glad the club is publicly asking questions. 

VAR in Scotland has been hopeless. 

It has slowed the game down, taken the excitement out of goals and still not really reduced the officiating errors. 

I hate it, it feels even more wrong when VAR fucks it up than when the ref or linesman make a mistake. A true backwards step. 

I know we have benefited from a few VAR decisions, but for the most part it feels like it always goes against us. Maybe that is just emotional bias because the ones against you hit harder. 

In any case, they have made the game less fun without managing to fix anything at all 

The point now isn’t even whether MacDonald was offside or not, it’s that the VAR officials interfered and overturned a decision based on nothing.

Conveniently ignored by the SFA in their statement. Instead they draw new lines which are questionable for multiple reasons.

The club better call them out again

48 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

According to those bullshit lines MacDonald is balancing on one foot while leaning over about 50cm to his left and forwards with out falling over. 

Which takes his left shoulder to about 6 inches from Sokler’s left foot, despite the fact McDonald’s left shoulder appears in line with Sokler’s right shoulder…

It’s just laughable… 

4 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

A big LOL at the Hearts fans disagreeing with this because they got relegated ‘unfairly’ 4 years ago

What? When they went into admin, having cheated their way to trophies they shouldn’t have won, by paying money for players they didn’t have?

or was it another time they got relegated. There’s been that many. 

2 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

What? When they went into admin, having cheated their way to trophies they shouldn’t have won, by paying money for players they didn’t have?

or was it another time they got relegated. There’s been that many. 

The other time, just seen a Hearts fan on twitter saying how delighted he is about that VAR error because we were so happy when they got relegated due to covid stopping the season early. Hilarious 😂 

1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

The other time, just seen a Hearts fan on twitter saying how delighted he is about that VAR error because we were so happy when they got relegated due to covid stopping the season early. Hilarious 😂 

Ahhh. The Covid relegation. Of course. See, there’s been that many, hard to recall. 
to be fair to them the relegation I referred to was the season after admin gate. But it was another relegation, nonetheless.

Horrible little club! 

• Like 1

The club hate VAR.

Whilst we have benefitted from some decisions going our way, a lot more have gone against us. 

The SFA have publicly lied to try & exonerate themselves.

Aberdeen actually pay for VAR.    

To then see it cost them points, which in turn affects our league position & costs us a six figure sum.   
(Us being shite is a separate matter). 

Is it as simple as us saying we’re not paying for it & that no games in the league at Pittodrie will have VAR? 
Or is there some obligation we’ve signed up to contractually that would see us in bother with the SFA?

I was initially for VAR with so called factual decisions like goal line technology (which we don’t have), and offsides…..  

But, the SFA & their inept bunch of officials can’t even get that right. 

6 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Conveniently not showing the the box in this shot. If this VAR line is correct then the penalty box lines are completely squint 

The lines won’t be parallel due to the camera’s perspective / vanishing point.

However irrespective, it feels like the SFA know they’ve made a mistake in how the situation was handled and are trying to justify it - this image with retrospective lines suddenly appearing after Aberdeen’s statement feels convenient too.
For me, it is really close and hard to tell if it is offside as there are so many bodies and it looks like there’s a yellow leg near Sokler (if you watch the highlights there are 8 livi players back but in that image I can only really see 7 of them). However, the lines make it look miles off and it feels like they’ve picked the player easiest to see rather than the one furthest back, to get something out quickly to divert focus from their process not being followed.

• Upvote 1

Worst thing to happen to football imo.

Clubs all over Europe have had enough of it,why should a team have made a great move,and then score a great goal,celebrate with the fans,and have some prick somewhere sipping a Gin n Tonic deciding it's not a goal.

Yes refs get things wrong sometimes,but most of the time they level out over a season.

The Idiots in charge of fitba are making the simple game complicated.

• Upvote 1