Var errors

I don't understand what is up with fitba that it can uniquely in the world fuck up a video ref. You watch Rugby League and the decisions are over in 30 seconds max usually, none of this 5 minute pish. Other sports with them too, its near instant. Football is not some kind of unique blossom where the decisions are uniquely difficult to make.

Still think VAR is a good idea - based on what you see in other sports but whoever it is managing it, IFAB, FIFA, whoever the fuck has made an utter balls-up of it. 

They need to go back to square one and start again.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You could get involved in the debate instead of acting like a child but you do you, champ.

😂😂😂

Said without a hint of irony, you contrarian trolling pap 

I agree with whoever it was that said it before in this thread, that the clubs need to push for VAR to be benched for the rest of this season and until the powers come up with a system and rules that work for football: not ones that can be coloured by the biases of refs.

So only if it is clear and obvious (which it was supposed to be I thought) can a VAR - not overrule the on field refs - but bring it to the refs attention. And those deliberations should be made available to the broadcaster of the game - and/or club if they have a screen - in real time, because no one trusts them now. Fuck this having hidden men in backrooms making unseen decisions.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

and with the egg chasers they accept that if there's doubt usually because they cant definitively see then the onfield decision, or at least the most defendable decision has to stand - as proven in the Scotland France game. 

Also start displaying the review on the screens in the stadium so the fans can see what is going on. Full transparency. This will also help manage the lull fans experience during extended reviews. 

Obviously stadiums without screens would need to address. 

• Upvote 1

The clubs are paying for the VAR setup and clearly not getting value. The only way this gets improved is for all clubs, or at least a sizeable majority, to come together and reach a consensus.

In my view VARs should be given a time limit of say 30 seconds to find a clear & obvious error at goals & by extension it is the time it takes for play to resume. Could alternatively say that play always resumes after a “goal” and then only be pulled back if necessary/VAR finds something.

VAR could be refined to only be used to check for offsides and clear & obvious infringements in a penalty area, or for off the ball violent conduct incidents. Everything outside the box the ref is completely in control of. Accept some mistakes will be made/things missed.

I also think in this day & age there must be wearables that can be developed a la hawkeye that can detect an offside player.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I also think in this day & age there must be wearables that can be developed a la hawkeye that can detect an offside player.

Wearables wouldn't work. You need a fixed system like Hawkeye.

The EPL are implementing it next season.

4 hours ago, The Hulk said:

VAR could be refined to only be used to check for offsides and clear & obvious infringements in a penalty area, or for off the ball violent conduct incidents. Everything outside the box the ref is completely in control of. Accept some mistakes will be made/things missed.

thats still a hunfested outcome though

6 hours ago, Max_AFC said:

Also start displaying the review on the screens in the stadium so the fans can see what is going on. Full transparency. This will also help manage the lull fans experience during extended reviews. 

Obviously stadiums without screens would need to address. 

Nervous about that one.  Imagine a “hand - to - ball” at a key point in an important game.  Could be a fucking riot.

Now part of me wants that since at its core should be the correct decision for all the reasons we’ve stated above.

but I’ll guarantee there’d be tv exec wanks all over it saying aye go on give that and show the fans, it’ll make for great tv.

11 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Game in Germany other week took 21 minutes to decide if it was a penalty or not.

Utter nonsense..I should think the players needed to warm up again before restart

Get Var to fuck.

It’s great for all the ones paying for advertising for 90 min games 

They get so much more display value for money 💰 

We should start thinking about dividing games into 4 quarters like American football as well & time outs etc. really start to draw these games out for 2-3hrs to please the sponsors even more 🤔

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, eeps said:

VAR is managing to kill the very essence of fitba, it doesn't even succeed in its basic function of reducing refereeing errors. It's incompatible with the game, get it to fuck

We wouldn't really need VAR in this country if we used Foreign/English officials. 

The same corrupt officials who put their finger on the scales when officiating matches are the ones in charge of VAR and, as a result, continue to put their finger on the scales with VAR decisions. 

It's not a matter of technology in Scotland, it's a matter of corruption. 

Only way to remove this is for the clubs to fund independent referees who aren't supporters of The Dead Club or Celtic. 

• Upvote 4
13 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We wouldn't really need VAR in this country if we used Foreign/English officials. 

The same corrupt officials who put their finger on the scales when officiating matches are the ones in charge of VAR and, as a result, continue to put their finger on the scales with VAR decisions. 

It's not a matter of technology in Scotland, it's a matter of corruption. 

Only way to remove this is for the clubs to fund independent referees who aren't supporters of The Dead Club or Celtic. 

I don't disagree but my views on VAR are fundamental, not just in our disaster of a league anywhere I've seen it used.

7 minutes ago, eeps said:

I don't disagree but my views on VAR are fundamental, not just in our disaster of a league anywhere I've seen it used.

I guess it boils down to whether or not you trust the officials in your particular country.  Can you trust them to officiate with an even hand, or are they always looking to give the advantage to certain preferred teams. 

If you can trust them, and you don't mind if they make the odd honest mistake, but on the whole hold every team to the same standards then you don't need VAR. Mistakes will be made, but for the sake of the flow and excitement of the game then you accept those mistakes will be made. You get what you get and you don't get upset. 

When you have institutionalised corruption, and the corrupt are in charge of VAR, then there's zero point in having VAR. 

The best case FOR VAR is if you have honest officials but you DON'T want to accept the odd, potentially game-changing, mistake. So you wheel out VAR to scrutinise every important call. 

VAR in Scotland, without the clubs organising their own independent referees, is 100% pointless. And if you do get those independent referees then do you really need VAR after all? 

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Here to stay and not any fan can have a say in matters.

Football has been on a decline for a number of years... its not keeping my interest as much as it did, VAR does play a part in that.

Fitba in Scotland is absolutely shit now. Everything about it. It's like a drug you've been addicted to since you were a bairn though, so not easy to kick. I'm just about there though.

• Upvote 1

Lines not available during Livi game then released retrospectively not using the foot of the furthest back defender who plays Macdonald onside and line for Macdonald in debatable position from his shoulder highlights how crap system used in Scotland is. That poor technology is major issue before we even consider the incompetence of operators 

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s great for all the ones paying for advertising for 90 min games 

They get so much more display value for money 💰 

We should start thinking about dividing games into 4 quarters like American football as well & time outs etc. really start to draw these games out for 2-3hrs to please the sponsors even more 🤔

Fuck it, why not. We can get Ricky Fosters missus in for the half time show. 

10 minutes ago, RDS said:

Lines not available during Livi game then released retrospectively not using the foot of the furthest back defender who plays Macdonald onside and line for Macdonald in debatable position from his shoulder highlights how crap system used in Scotland is. That poor technology is major issue before we even consider the incompetence of operators 

Those lines wouldn’t have passed a technical drawing, O Grade, prelim!