Var errors

7 hours ago, Roberto said:

Here to stay and not any fan can have a say in matters.

Football has been on a decline for a number of years... its not keeping my interest as much as it did, VAR does play a part in that.

Genuine question Roberto 

whar proportion of that view is VARs general impact on the game (so delays, lack of bounce etc) and what proportion is the specific implementation, so basically a lack of trust in its intervention?

50:50?

17 hours ago, The Hulk said:

The clubs are paying for the VAR setup and clearly not getting value. The only way this gets improved is for all clubs, or at least a sizeable majority, to come together and reach a consensus.

In my view VARs should be given a time limit of say 30 seconds to find a clear & obvious error at goals & by extension it is the time it takes for play to resume. Could alternatively say that play always resumes after a “goal” and then only be pulled back if necessary/VAR finds something.

VAR could be refined to only be used to check for offsides and clear & obvious infringements in a penalty area, or for off the ball violent conduct incidents. Everything outside the box the ref is completely in control of. Accept some mistakes will be made/things missed.

I also think in this day & age there must be wearables that can be developed a la hawkeye that can detect an offside player.

Would be as well just get rid of it and embrace the free flowing game accepting referees can make mistakes but we know so do extra referees watching a slo mo on a screen so better to just get on with it.

Spend some of the money saved on improving refereeing standards, training, accountability and independence for the SFA.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Genuine question Roberto 

whar proportion of that view is VARs general impact on the game (so delays, lack of bounce etc) and what proportion is the specific implementation, so basically a lack of trust in its intervention?

50:50?

It's all round concept when used within the leagues. Scotland has a terrible cheap VAR and it leaves it open to guessing as has shown.

The nature of those using VAR and their connections to certain clubs.

In England it's just used for talking points and it's killing the game massively. The length of time is a shocker as well.

It gets to the point you can't even be arsed celebrating a goal.

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Fitba in Scotland is absolutely shit now. Everything about it. It's like a drug you've been addicted to since you were a bairn though, so not easy to kick. I'm just about there though.

Ah lost thirty years of my life oan Aberdeen FC and another ten years on a methadone programme that was meant to get us aff it.

16 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

And again with the insults, further proving my point.

There is a block function if your feelings are so easily hurt 

Pointing out what a contrarian, trolling fud you are isn't a result of hurt feelings.  Maybe try stop acting like an argumentative tot day after day.

27 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

The Turkish Super Lig will appoint foreign video assistant referees (VAR) for crucial matches until the end of the season following claims of bias.

It was not too long ago Fenerbahce were threatening to withdraw from the Turkish Super Lig after a controversial goal was awarded against them in injury time of a league match. (Cue their manager punching the match ref at the end of time. )

Another case of a so-called big club having an influence on their football association  Sounds very familiar.🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the new manager has us playing absolutely unmissable football next season. I think I am just not going to watch any of our games next season involving either of these cunts. VAR has made what was already pretty unbearable completely rage inducing now. It’s simply not worth that rage. 
Can watch any rare wins on replay if they happen. Sick of seeing this corruption happening so blatantly & clubs just taking it up the shitter whilst the Weegie cunts laugh

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Unless the new manager has us playing absolutely unmissable football next season. I think I am just not going to watch any of our games next season involving either of these cunts. VAR has made what was already pretty unbearable completely rage inducing now. It’s simply not worth that rage. 
Can watch any rare wins on replay if they happen. Sick of seeing this corruption happening so blatantly & clubs just taking it up the shitter whilst the Weegie cunts laugh

So that means you’ll be less involved in match threads and we won’t have to read so much of this migraine-inducing word salad? Excellent.

Posted in the other thread but here's my take...

The VAR check is to see whether it's a penalty. If there's a foul before it, the ref has missed it. Is it a penalty ? Yes. Penalty stands. If the ref misses the foul before it, it's not there to re ref the game. Would I be happy if the shoe was on the other foot in that instance, probably not.... but ref the penalty, not what came before it.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

So that means you’ll be less involved in match threads and we won’t have to read so much of this migraine-inducing word salad? Excellent.

Yeah but just for the arse cheek games so you can enjoy them at least.

bet you’re delighted you shat it out from our bet. You would have vacated the chat by now

Just now, dj_bollocks said:

The VAR check is to see whether it's a penalty. If there's a foul before it, the ref has missed it. Is it a penalty ? Yes. Penalty stands. If the ref misses the foul before it, it's not there to re ref the game. Would I be happy if the shoe was on the other foot in that instance, probably not.... but ref the penalty, not what came before it.

The shoe doesn’t fit the other foot. SFA has ‘club’ foot

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

the rougvie sending off in 79 league cup final was the moment i knew the game was rigged.
though rougvie did get even with d johnstone.
i really do believe nothing will ever change hence my stance on leaving this league.
just popped on to see todays result and seen the penalty decision that never went our way, its bloody hurts.
even if thelin takes the team to great heights, he wont be here very long.
love the club to the bone but its so hard to get excited about the game these days.

oh, the 79 final, some huns thought they could walk through the dons end, what a bloody mess they left the stadium that day, brutal, but they asked for it for sure.
back to bed. 
hail fergie,so lucky to have lived through those magic moments.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Totally agree that it was re-refereeing and shouldn't they have sent the ref to the screen so he agreed it was a foul considering he didn't see one. How can they change his decision on anything other than offside without showing him something to get his agreement? 

Tin hat on here but I don't think anyone is disputing the fact it's a foul on Carter-Vickers on Toilet. It's the 'foul' on Johnston from Toilet that the free kick was given. Which, was harsh.

Bigger question for me is why did he allow play on..... because he knew he would've had to give then pen so pulled it back to a dubious 50/50 'foul.'

Scales handball but out the box. Should've been a free kick....

• Thanks 1