Var errors

21 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s a truly awful moment, no other excuse than corruption.

Does anyone else watch other leagues in Europe with VAR apart from EPL? Is it this bad elsewhere?

For starters, Scotland is the only country that would appoint a Celtic supporter to referee a Celtic semi-final.

And tomorrow, a known hun refereeing The Rangers.

VAR is just an insurance policy for the scum.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For starters, Scotland is the only country that would appoint a Celtic supporter to referee a Celtic semi-final.

Well that is the other elephant in the room, refs taking part in games of the teams they support. 

I suppose it would be nigh on impossible to find any that aren’t connected to the OF. Which makes the argument for foreign refs even more compelling.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

Well that is the other elephant in the room, refs taking part in games of the teams they support. 

I suppose it would be nigh on impossible to find any that aren’t connected to the OF. Which makes the argument for foreign refs even more compelling.

It’s easy to find referees that aren’t connected to the “old firm”… unless we’re back in 2012. 

Even CCV thought it was a pen!

I notice the Celtic twitterati are out in force tonight, trying to convince everybody (and themselves) that it was the correct call. They dont want to face up to the fact that it's not just the mob from Govan that get dodgy calls going their way

Just now, Russell said:

Affa strange that it's difficult to find a decent replay of Scales handball

Aye amazing how they managed to call that as outside box when all logic & laws of physics show it’s in box or on line at very least. Ball bounces straight down off his hand inside box. Doesn’t angle into fkn box from his hand

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don Robertson was the ref for the League Cup final and denied us a pen at the end when Butland pulled down Duk. As a club we need to call out all these incidents.  There have been numerous incidents this season that have gone against us

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

Have to stop calling them 'errors'.

Error suggests an element of innocent mistake on the part of the officials. 

Exactly. These are not human errors. They could almost get away with that before VAR. Now it’s just blatant cheating & they don’t really try to hide it. We are just expected to accept it & move on. Joke is these cunts actually think there’s a vendetta against them. 

20 minutes ago, G man said:

Don Robertson was the ref for the League Cup final and denied us a pen at the end when Butland pulled down Duk. As a club we need to call out all these incidents.  There have been numerous incidents this season that have gone against us

To be honest I’d more blame VAR, Andrew Dallas, for that one. 

I'm not against technology where it helps but the current system for VAR only introduces more opportunities for corrupt and/or incompetent officials.

Technology is fine for "did it cross the goal line", but so far we've seen VAR used to do all manner of shit that spoils the game:

a) re-refereeing of incidents

b) goals being chalked off due to guessing if someone is offside

c) goals/penalties not given due to imaginary infractions that occurred beforehand 

d) taking fucking ages to make decisions while fans stand in the cold without a clue what's going on

e) celebrating a perfectly good goal and then waiting for ages to see if (c) happens

f) some of the recent rule changes about phases of play/is a player active or inactive/fucking players arms in "unnatural" positions for handballs makes the interpretation of incidents even more complicated and subjective, allowing officials leeway to give interpretations that baffle fans, players, and pundits.

g) countless other shite

And here's my truely grumpy old man moment - I grew up playing football in the park and playground with my mates during break time/lunchtime/after school, often in some mad 15v18 stromash (jackets for goalposts, Johnny has to go home for tea and takes his ball with him, etc) and sometimes in organised kids 11v11 matches in proper teams on an actual football pitch.  The rules were fucking simple and even a bunch of kids could understand them and we didn't need fucking VAR to play a game.  It's becoming ridiculously overcomplicated due to technology and rules changes.  The further the top-level game gets from the grassroots game that kids can play in the playground the worse and more corrupt it becomes.

• Upvote 1

The lack of replays on the handball was really strange. In a normal spfl game against county the one camera angle doesn’t give any conclusive evidence in some VAR replays. The cup semi final has loads of camera angles they could watch back from yet they don’t show anything. 

The Junior incident was farcical in if it was a free kick to Johnstone (who made the most of lying on the ground not injured) why did he not blow for the free kick when it happened? The ref screwed up and covered his tracks.