Var errors

8 hours ago, G man said:

Don Robertson was the ref for the League Cup final and denied us a pen at the end when Butland pulled down Duk. As a club we need to call out all these incidents.  There have been numerous incidents this season that have gone against us

Kind of shits all over his Celtic bias then. He'd have been desperate to give it surely?

Think he just hates the Dons rather than loves the tims / huns.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Kind of shits all over his Celtic bias then. He'd have been desperate to give it surely?

Think he just hates the Dons rather than loves the tims / huns.

Is it not that Scottish referees are just incompetent pish, albeit I cannot see the point of VAR.

Don't forget that we have benefited from shite decisions too. Away to Motherwell and home to Hibernian spring to mind?

On both VAR occasions why wasn’t the ref asked to look at the screen especially the 2nd one where there was a very dodgy foul that the ref didnt see as he awarded the pen, he should have been asked to review the non foul but he wasn’t i call that cheating

They couldn't give the penalty as they didn't want to risk Celtic not getting to the final, they must of been shitting bricks when we equalised & there was nothing to allow them to disallow it but you can bet if we'd saved any of the penalties in the shoot out they'd of said Roos moved & awarded a re-take, there's almost no way we were going to be allowed to beat them as the games a bogy in Scotland 

21 minutes ago, Lowrie68 said:

They couldn't give the penalty as they didn't want to risk Celtic not getting to the final, they must of been shitting bricks when we equalised & there was nothing to allow them to disallow it but you can bet if we'd saved any of the penalties in the shoot out they'd of said Roos moved & awarded a re-take, there's almost no way we were going to be allowed to beat them as the games a bogy in Scotland 

I had high hopes for VAR eliminating the bias in our game. Instead. It's become a useful tool for basically fans in the stands to disallow goals against those two, award pens, etc. Yesterday was a great example.

I'm sure in a few hours, if needed by the other half, we'll also be victim to it.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Hoillet can do nothing more to get to the ball and not foul Johnston as he is expected to do.  

People are correct to compare to the Boyata one which was deemed not a foul from memory.

Think Boyata got the foul for that one. GMS oot cold. Foul given against him.

Fuck them all.

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

On both VAR occasions why wasn’t the ref asked to look at the screen especially the 2nd one where there was a very dodgy foul that the ref didnt see as he awarded the pen, he should have been asked to review the non foul but he wasn’t i call that cheating

The referee didn't give the penalty at all.

Didn't remotely point to the spot.

14 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm not against technology where it helps but the current system for VAR only introduces more opportunities for corrupt and/or incompetent officials.

Technology is fine for "did it cross the goal line", but so far we've seen VAR used to do all manner of shit that spoils the game:

a) re-refereeing of incidents

b) goals being chalked off due to guessing if someone is offside

c) goals/penalties not given due to imaginary infractions that occurred beforehand 

d) taking fucking ages to make decisions while fans stand in the cold without a clue what's going on

e) celebrating a perfectly good goal and then waiting for ages to see if (c) happens

f) some of the recent rule changes about phases of play/is a player active or inactive/fucking players arms in "unnatural" positions for handballs makes the interpretation of incidents even more complicated and subjective, allowing officials leeway to give interpretations that baffle fans, players, and pundits.

g) countless other shite

And here's my truely grumpy old man moment - I grew up playing football in the park and playground with my mates during break time/lunchtime/after school, often in some mad 15v18 stromash (jackets for goalposts, Johnny has to go home for tea and takes his ball with him, etc) and sometimes in organised kids 11v11 matches in proper teams on an actual football pitch.  The rules were fucking simple and even a bunch of kids could understand them and we didn't need fucking VAR to play a game.  It's becoming ridiculously overcomplicated due to technology and rules changes.  The further the top-level game gets from the grassroots game that kids can play in the playground the worse and more corrupt it becomes.

Great Post min. I characterise this as the disproportionate application of science (VAR) to art (fitba). Ultimately incompatible. 

Fitba is a fluid dynamic art, trying to discern rule infringements by freezeframe will never work. Unfortunately the controversy created by its very shitness suits the media fuds and thus the ruling bodies who benefit financially.

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Talk of some sort of pre-match protest next week to delay the match 

Tennis balls or something 

No idea if it will come to fruition but I think all fans outside the uglies need to start doing something 

Should flood the pitch with tennis balls as soon as the first VAR checks takes place.  Better still at every VAR check.

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Talk of some sort of pre-match protest next week to delay the match 

Tennis balls or something 

No idea if it will come to fruition but I think all fans outside the uglies need to start doing something 

Balls to VAR, they can have that on me. Would be best timed outwith VAR delays for max impact.

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He's just incompetent, as is his VAR counterpart.

They are all incompetent, but before that they are mostly biased/corrupt.

The vast majority of Glasgow based refs are either boyhood fans of the 2 bigot teams and favour them, and/or want an easy time outside of football from the general public so just give them the decisions anyway.

4 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Is it not that Scottish referees are just incompetent pish, albeit I cannot see the point of VAR.

Don't forget that we have benefited from shite decisions too. Away to Motherwell and home to Hibernian spring to mind?

All teams have pretty much benefited and lost out pretty much in equal measure from refereeing and VAR mistakes.
Apart of course from the gruesome twosome, who have always over the years benefited hugely from refereeing mistakes (and bias and cheating). However VAR has magnified the benefit to the gruesome twosome as it effectively gives the referees/VAR double the option of arriving at the wrong decision. Which in the case of those two, they invariably do.

VAR is the problem, it's destroyed the natural ebb and flow of the game.  A gimmick introduced to create artificial drama for casual TV viewers.  You can't even celebrate a goal now without a horrible feeling it's going to be erased.  If you can't do that what's the point?  FIFA/UEFA and national associations like the SFA have totally fucked it.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Torry Tosser said:

Nottingham Forest have thrown a spanner in the works,they had 3 penalty claims against Everton which were turned down.

They are 4th bottom level on points wee Luton,guess what Forest are complaining about,Stuart Attwell the ref doing VAR is a Luton fan.

Hopefully there is a groundswell against var in the bigger leagues and it puts pressure on Uefa to bin it. Might be our best chance of getting rid of it. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully there is a groundswell against var in the bigger leagues and it puts pressure on Uefa to bin it. Might be our best chance of getting rid of it. 

Let's see how VAR performs ay Euro 2024

Any controversial decisions that result in any of the "big" nations being eliminated and there will be sparks. 

7 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

Looking at those decisions from yesterday does make you think what’s the point. Absolutely no chance they come to the same conclusion at the other end of the pitch. Cheating cunts 

Aside from the Hoilett stonewall penalty shambles and the countless 50/50 decisions that went in their favour, I can't shake the feeling that had Carter-Vickers or Scales dallied on the ball and Miovski nicked it the way Kyogo did they would've blown for a foul.

I'm not saying it was a foul on MacDonald (for me it wasn't) but that is just the way it seems to work and it makes it difficult to not feel pretty hopeless about Scottish football.