Var errors

10 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Interesting, I've only seen the second one before.  I also missed the incident live because I was in the pisser.

Looks on the line to me, which counts as the box, does it not?

And I'm in full agreement with the gif at the bottom.

Anything on the line is deemed in the box 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Anything on the line is deemed in the box 

Stupid question maybe, but if his feet are on the line (ie in the box), but his arms are outside, is it still a penalty?

Our shitey, cheapskate VAR maybe only had the camera angles we saw too? 

Hard to go against the on field decision with the evidence he had? 

Then again it didn’t stop Matthew MacDermid guessing at Livi to go against the onfield decision of goal. 

Not a chance a Scottish referee has the balls to do that to Celtic in a semi final. 

I hope the club got access to the audio of Robertson & the VAR on the Hoilett “penalty”.

If not, why not?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Stupid question maybe, but if his feet are on the line (ie in the box), but his arms are outside, is it still a penalty?

Our shitey, cheapskate VAR maybe only had the camera angles we saw too? 

Hard to go against the on field decision with the evidence he had? 

Then again it didn’t stop Matthew MacDermid guessing at Livi to go against the onfield decision of goal. 

Not a chance a Scottish referee has the balls to do that to Celtic in a semi final. 

I hope the club got access to the audio of Robertson & the VAR on the Hoilett “penalty”.

If not, why not?

his arm has to be on the line or box to constitute a pen, otherwise a free kick should be awarded(which wasn’t), that fact has seemed to have got lost in the decision not to award a penalty, was still a dangerous position for a free kick in the 45 minute, IF the point of contact was just outside, if his feet are inside it doesn’t matter as that’s a part of the body that doesn’t constitute a foul, 

but if his feet are in the box and point of contact was the arm on the line then that’s a penalty regardless where your feet is.

whatever, they got the decision wrong regardless as it was either a penalty or a free kick, we got neither

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

his arm has to be on the line or box to constitute a pen, otherwise a free kick should be awarded(which wasn’t),

The position of the ball surely?

What if the ball is half over the line(in the box) and his hand touches the portion of the ball not in the box?

On 4/22/2024 at 8:48 AM, Schapenneuker said:

If you watch the replay, there is absolutely no indication that Robertson intends to award a free kick to Celtic. Not one. He doesn't raise his whistle towards his mouth or move his arm, which would indicate that he sees it as a foul but (for some unknown reason) decides to play on. 

He waits 7 seconds, and only decides that it's a foul for Celtic once Hoilett is obviously fouled. 

If CCV had played the ball and it had went out for a throw in or corner, I have no doubt at all that he would have allowed play to continue. 

This has nothing to do with VAR. It's simply shocking bad refereeing, and I would love to hear the reasoning for what he did. 

But we'll never know. 

He's a cheating weegie cunt.  Now you know

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

The position of the ball surely?

What if the ball is half over the line(in the box) and his hand touches the portion of the ball not in the box?

It’s all about the point of contact on the surface of the ball, using an illegal part of the body ie , arm, hand, so your right if you touch the part of the ball that’s not on the line then there’s no penalty, still a foul though as you cannot touch the ball using an illegal part of your body. And that constitutes a foul regardless.

for the refs, media to sweep that away only adds to untrust, they all know the rules? But fuck all said about it.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It’s all about the point of contact on the surface of the ball, using an illegal part of the body ie , arm, hand, so your right if you touch the part of the ball that’s not on the line then there’s no penalty, still a foul though as you cannot touch the ball using an illegal part of your body. And that constitutes a foul regardless.

for the refs, media to sweep that away only adds to untrust, they all know the rules? But fuck all said about it.

Everyone in the stadium bar that cheating rodent Robertson could see there was a handball and the only decision to be made was if it was in or outside.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Everyone in the stadium bar that cheating rodent Robertson could see there was a handball and the only decision to be made was if it was in or outside.

Hundred percent Nem, seems odd that the officials forgot the rules completely 😜, games fucked, blatant bias towards them all game. Borderline blatant cheating all through, from that to letting hart bawl out our youngsters on penalties and not letting Roos do anything, just blatant, then the corresponding news media of how proud Aberdeen can take out that game to try and sweep everything under the carpet. Meanwhile they get what they wanted as a final and the last chance of Europe goes sliding away, cannot be fucked with it any more really, sad, a love my club, but what’s the point in a sporting competition that isn’t at least fair at the point of rules, cunts are always going to have an advantage with money but refs/VAR/SFA as well, what’s the point.

• Upvote 3

We won’t get anywhere arguing over a single wrong decision though, not unless there’s some serious smoking gun evidence that we can force out of the SFA through legal action.

The club need to wake up to the fact the status quo needs challenged and ended for the good of Scottish Football. 

Then start working with other non OF clubs on how to do that and how to force their agenda instead of just being beholden to what suits 2 clubs.

ie league restructuring, independent referees, fix the voting structures, prize distribution, actual FFP rules etc.

• Upvote 2

Last night summed up VAR. And general understanding of the rules. Potentially going towards deciding who wins their league.

Everton score. VAR checks if Branthwaite is offside. And draws a line from the outstretched furthest most hand of the Liverpool player. Showing clearly from that line, Branthwaite is onside.

Carragher and the pundits take a glance and lazily concur. Yeah, you can see it's clearly onside.

Except hands and arms all the way up to the armpit are NOT part of onside offside consideration. Stated clearly in FA rules. Had the line been drawn correctly, the head or shoulder being the appropriate furthest most relevant place to draw the line, he was actually offside.

I've no interest in who wins. And I'm a VAR sceptic. But just making the point that in one of the most important games of the season at both ends of the EPL, VAR is misused and the rules aren't understood. And not challenged by the ref, the 4th official or the experts in the studio. And I don't do this for a living. They do.

You can argue like the Coventry game it'd be a shame blah blah. But if it was Hearts or Aberdeen and that important a game, we'd be raging. Use it properly or scrap it. And train the so called officials in its use and rules.

It's clearly a pen.

Scales right hand cannot be further over than his right foot given his right leg is stretched out in the way it is.

The ball, and his hand is at very worst directly above where his foot is (on the line), but looks far more like it is inside that line where his foot is.

Unless Scales is some sort of contorto hybrid alien cunt. Or Stretch Armstrong.

Miovskis left foot is almost touching the line, and the ball is way further across, ergo in the box, than his foot is.

It's a fucking obvious 100% pen

Stop fucking debating it.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

It's clearly a pen.

Scales right hand cannot be further over than his right foot given his right leg is stretched out in the way it is.

The ball, and his hand is at very worst directly above where his foot is (on the line), but looks far more like it is inside that line where his foot is.

Miovskis left foot is almost touching the line, and the ball is way further across, ergo in the box, than his foot is.

spacer.png

That is a good photo. I would have said it was pretty clear and obvious from that. Fuck the SFA. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

It's clearly a pen.

spacer.png

😄😄.

Just now, DeltaRay1903 said:

Interestingly after discussions between clubs and fans Sweden has told VAR to fuck right off. They don't want it and they won't be having it.

Wouldn't it be great if our football governing bodies would listen to what the supporters want for a change. It'll never catch on.

And those SFA wankers can’t use the excuse about our referees won’t get picked for tournaments. 

Not for the first time, they’re lying.

Sweden have a referee selected for Euro 2024 apparently

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And those SFA wankers can’t use the excuse about our referees won’t get picked for tournaments. 

Not for the first time, they’re lying.

Sweden have a referee selected for Euro 2024 apparently

And we don't. 

VAR GTF.