Goal difference.

13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Was that still 10 team league (36 games) or had we switched to 12 (38)  by then?

Still only 10 teams. There was a heap of dross in there though, including Morton and Dumbarton. In fact, every team in the league was utter shite aside from us, the Dabs and the Tims.

The season before (1983/84), we finished with a +57 goal difference, although I would argue we were a better team. The league was won at Tynecastle on 2nd May, and we basically went on holiday for the next 4 league games....which were squeezed into a period of 7 days by the way..... drawing 3 and losing 1. 

That season also had the abandoned new year's game against The Fermers, where we were 3 up at half time going on 12. The replayed game only finished 1-0 to us. 

Anyway, whatever way you look at it, we're going to have to go some this season to get to +57. 

37 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Still only 10 teams. There was a heap of dross in there though, including Morton and Dumbarton. In fact, every team in the league was utter shite aside from us, the Dabs and the Tims.

The season before (1983/84), we finished with a +57 goal difference, although I would argue we were a better team. The league was won at Tynecastle on 2nd May, and we basically went on holiday for the next 4 league games....which were squeezed into a period of 7 days by the way..... drawing 3 and losing 1. 

That season also had the abandoned new year's game against The Fermers, where we were 3 up at half time going on 12. The replayed game only finished 1-0 to us. 

Anyway, whatever way you look at it, we're going to have to go some this season to get to +57. 

No Airdrie?  Remember us regularly skelping the diamonds for 7 or 8.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Regularly? 

Was there not a time under miller where we were battering them in for a laugh?  7 past Partick and Airdrie and 6 past Hearts all within a few weeks. I might be wrong. I think that was when shearer, mixu and Dodds were all scoring. 

4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I was at a cup game in I think 1980, when we beat Airdrie 8-0....Steve Archibald scored 4, and Willie Miller whacked in a 30 yard volley. We also beat them 7-0 in the league in 1993. 

Aside from that I don't remember any hammerings we gave them. I do remember them knocking us out of the league cup in 1984 at Broomfield....that was a bit of a shock.