Never again..........

Not a clue how to post a photo but after lasts nights efforts - drove home and pulled out the Red final - 1994/95 a season in the red zone book!

Gave it to my daughter and suggested she read it as we are heading towards similar scenarios again this season!

Remember the Falkirk away game in particular -packed away end and getting verbal (relegation, going down) abuse from the home fans (i think we got revenge season after as they were relegated then?)

Do not want to go down that route again - ever - at my age my heart would struggle!!

6 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Probably the best fun I’ve had at the football since we won proper cups. But you’re right, I wouldn’t fancy it again if I was still emotionally invested in the Dons.

Brockville, Tynecastle then East End Park were some of my favourite away days of all time. 

Tynecastle 1-2 match is my favourite away game. That or Dnipro.

The team that played in the second leg of that play-off...

Snelders, McKimmie, Wright, Grant, Irvine (Inglis), Smith, Hetherston, Shearer, Miller (Kane), Dodds, Glass.

Incredible to think that team ended up in the play-offs and thankfully they had the fight and quality to finish the season so strongly.

That team would put 5 past the current bunch of useless twats.

No fight in the team just now, finish in the play-off place and we will be relegated.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Snelders, McKimmie, Wright, Grant, Irvine (Inglis), Smith, Hetherston, Shearer, Miller (Kane), Dodds, Glass.

Incredible to think that team ended up in the play-offs and thankfully they had the fight and quality to finish the season so strongly.

No fight in the team just now, finish in the play-off place and we will be relegated.

Correction - they'd out 5 past this current bunch within 20 minutes.

To have a Brian Grant in midfield right now.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I had the exact same conversation today.  The squad in 94/95 were a disgrace allowing it to get as bad as it did that season.  But they had the fight and quality to get us out of it eventually. We then went on and won a trophy the following season.

This current squad are nowhere near that level and i fear if we were to end up in a similar situation with this current group.

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

To be clear, what did you give to your daughter? 

use deviants corner if required 

I gave her a bollocking for insisting we went to last nights game!! (as well as the book) season tickets or not - finding it difficult to be interested!!

Still be at the cup game though and beyond!

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Probably the best fun I’ve had at the football since we won proper cups. But you’re right, I wouldn’t fancy it again if I was still emotionally invested in the Dons.

Totally agree. I actually think it would be funny to see cormacks dons land in play off. I just couldn’t give a monkeys about the dons anymore, just love the foamers getting wound up about it all. 

1 hour ago, Howard Marks said:

Absolute legend. Class player, class manager, class human being.

3 out of 4 aint bad I suppose

Was at Brockville that day as well, its a proud statement from the Club that they have never been relegated, be a shame to lose that

On 2/29/2024 at 10:38 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

Maybe not quite 5 as they're all getting on a bit now, but they'd still win. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, sheepshagger said:

Maybe not quite 5 as they're all getting on a bit now, but they'd still win. 

A player I never thought was a leader shone through in that period, Brian Irvine. The sheer will to win from him was something I never thought he had it in him. And his goal against Celtic was sheer class.

• Upvote 1
On 2/29/2024 at 4:48 PM, Roberto said:

Dundee Utd... oh to have an atmosphere like that day during the relegation run in.

There’s a bit of ‘resignation’ about us just now, and that’s not a good thing. A case of ‘ah well we’re just not good enough’ which is true. Problem is where is this leading us to? Relegation? Distinct possibility. 
We didn’t have this attitude back in 1995, more positivity than now.

13 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

There’s a bit of ‘resignation’ about us just now, and that’s not a good thing. A case of ‘ah well we’re just not good enough’ which is true. Problem is where is this leading us to? Relegation? Distinct possibility. 
We didn’t have this attitude back in 1995, more positivity than now.

I think 95 kinda came out the blue. What we're experiencing now has been coming for about 4 years now.

58 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I think 95 kinda came out the blue. What we're experiencing now has been coming for about 4 years now.

My recollection is that it was also felt generally that our squad that season was massively underachieving and were capable of far better performances and results.   

The current squad are not, in my view , underachieving.   They’re just not any better than the league table shows. 

• Upvote 1

It was "again" though, when that gype Milne became chairman and presided over one of the worst periods in our history 98/2001 ish. As for 95 I thought we were down after the Motherwell game in the April, shows you the resolve/strength the players had to get out of the dire mess and condemn Yinitit. Sadly that mentality is lacking in todays weak bunch.

When you consider we lost 17 games last year whilst winning 18 we were so lucky everyone else was beating each other. Our home form was great and our away form was brutal. This year our home form is brutal and our away form is still brutal. A recipe to feed failure and that's where we are.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:38 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

Bear in mind as well that Jess wasn’t available for the play-offs cos he got absolutely scythed down by some Jute animal late on in the relegation decider game.  So you could maybe add another goal or two in the fantasy game against the current Dons team.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:23 AM, ferlaytio said:

Brockville, Tynecastle then East End Park were some of my favourite away days of all time. 

Tynecastle 1-2 match is my favourite away game. That or Dnipro.

The bounce when news of hibs late winner at Tannadice was braw